You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Young Manager

Thants

Just from the respect they seem to have from their players and what they've achieved in a short space of time Coyle and Di Matteo would have to be considered.

Rijkaard should be first choice though. People love to point out how great Barca are but completely overlook how important Rijkaard was to that team. He brought through the youth players and was present to watch them play and inspire them and yes that includes Messi.

He plays fantastic pass and move football which used to be the corner stone of who we were! He'd take one look at Kuyt and say "you're not dutch!". He's proven at the highest club level having won la liga and the European Cup.

I could see him leaving Fenerbahce for a bigger club and if he wants to bring Diego Lugano and Andre Santos with him, then that's fine by me!

Loew, Hiddink or the Atleti manager

Loew would be an obvious choice were he not contracted to Germany and obviously not going to leave them for quite some time.

Here's a mad one from "left field" as our American counterparts would say.

MARCEL DESAILLY. Easily the best pundit on telly and has more than enough experience. If you ever listen to him before games he usually gets it spot on and then at half time he will tell you exactly what needs to change and again he's nearly always right.

People will say "but he's unproven" and all that but so were all these managers before someone gave them a shot.

Has experience of English, French and Italian football. Has played in and won European and World Cup finals under great managers and seems to be a real scholar of the game.

Someone should get him his coaching badges if he hasn't already got them and get him involved he could be a superb manager I reckon.

Perhaps Di Matteo with Desailly as an assistant manager?

MARCEL DESAILLY. Easily the best pundit on telly and has more than enough experience. If you ever listen to him before games he usually gets it spot on and then at half time he will tell you exactly what needs to change and again he's nearly always right.

People will say "but he's unproven" and all that but so were all these managers before someone gave them a shot.

Has experience of English, French and Italian football. Has played in and won European and World Cup finals under great managers and seems to be a real scholar of the game.

Someone should get him his coaching badges if he hasn't already got them and get him involved he could be a superb manager I reckon.

Perhaps Di Matteo with Desailly as an assistant manager?

An even worse idea than the one that would have Carra go straight in as manager.

Just a bizarre suggestion.

Only three for the job i think, Guus (but doing the Turkey job), King Kenny and last and I think definately should get it MARTIN O NEILL!!! everywhere he goes turns to gold, hes well able to mix his tactics, slightly defencive at Lecister and Villa and very attacking at Celtic. Unreal manager, should of been hired other then Rafa and Hodgson. And NOT a YES man like other current Liverpool managers.

Only three for the job i think, Guus (but doing the Turkey job), King Kenny and last and I think definately should get it MARTIN O NEILL!!! everywhere he goes turns to gold, hes well able to mix his tactics, slightly defencive at Lecister and Villa and very attacking at Celtic. Unreal manager, should of been hired other then Rafa and Hodgson. And NOT a YES man like other current Liverpool managers.

O'Neil is shite and will never manage us.

If only I could still neg.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Just when you think you can't play enough long ball, along comes MO'N!

As I have posted elsewhere on here quite abit I think Joachim Loew would be a great manager for us, Youngish (50) willing to play younger players, and done well with a very young German team, would also seem to be the type of manager NESV would go for.

Gus on yesterday:

Poyet had already been upset by the officials' handling of a first-half incident, when the Bournemouth striker Michael Symes caught Tommy Elphick in the face with an elbow. Symes was booked. "It was either a red or nothing," Poyet said. "I don't accept yellow. That's something that referees give thinking they can make everyone happy. Bollocks!"

Leg.