You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

100m for Torres ?

redrosetints

If were offered 100m for Torres, should we consider selling ?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. If were offered 100m for Torres, should we consider selling ?

• Yes - take the money, we could buy players like Villa and Silva and still have change.
    • No - we dont sell our best players
    • hmm, really not sure.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be insane not to accept that sort of money for any player.

I hate to think it has come to it, but the club is bigger than one player, however good. Given his injury record and the needs of the club, its tempting.

However the downside of course is that it would enable the yanks to refinance and thats the one thing that stops me thinking its the right thing. The yanks have to go before we consider this.

It's just so sickening. No way. At least give it one more season if this is being considered. Then we either get to the point where Torres has realised that he has to move on as this club just isn't working for him, or we're able to keep him and have changed owners, which also means we can get the players to support him/back him up. If the latter is true then we might finally manage to get back to actually challenging for the title.

And if we change owners but sold Torres not long before, how soul destroying would that actually be? Knowing that if we held out that bit longer we could've kept him? That type of thing would stick in your mind for life.

Would I shite. Those cunts'd just pocket the money. With healthier ownership and finances, I'd think about it: it's a huge sum for a player who misses loads of games, no matter how great he is (and he really is great).

Edited by Paul

My maths is pretty poor but out of 30M for Alonso all Rafa got out of it was the sight of H&G's rusty rings trotting into the sunset with all that cash. How much out of 100M will he get to see? Be lucky to get 20M which they'd then trim that down saying it was used for contract renewals (completely forgetting our usual 20M budget we used to have before they turned up). Besides any club in this day and age will

a) not pay that kind of money for a single player (bar R.Madrid)

b) would not sell any possible replacement to us as they'll know we'll look for the cheapest deal as we'd still be pleading poverty and would look to get their best boys on the cheap!

Someone should've set fire to Anfield a long time ago as i think its the only way to fumigate this particular type of cockroach out of the ground. No ground, no games, no profit, no more blood to suck. Sounds drastic but some pests just don't get the hint that they're not wanted. Think they'd get the message then? The only downside to this is maybe they'll use that as a stick to beat the financing for the new stadium out of the banks! You don't think they would? If getting the financing meant selling their mums tired cunt in the red light districts of Amsterdam or Madrid then these fuckers would do it!

We wouldn't raise £100m but i would rather sell the shite in the squad and replace with the better quality then go about selling one of our few world class players.

Babel and Riera would be out in the summer if it was up to me with potentially £25m there which would allow us to spend it on a top class player.

If we were offered our money back on Aquilani by an Italian club i would take that as well and this time buy a replacement who isn't made of rice paper.

2 reasons why i wouldn't sell. 1) we are not a selling club and selling our best players is a sign of a club on decline,why would top players come here if we are selling our other top players.you come here to win trophies.2)the club would see fuck all of that money,most if not all would go towards the debt hence keeping the owners snug in place,also on a side note torres merchandising is worth a shit ton to us too,its not just his goals.

Were not a selling club etc etc however, with the books not balancing [...]

I hate to think it has come to it, but the club is bigger than one player, however good. Given his injury record and the needs of the club, its tempting.

The club has one priority need at the moment. Selling Torres (or Pepe or Gerrard) it fucking ain't.

Liverpool FC is well and truly fucked as long as G&H are running us. Selling our top forward to help the Cunts out and spend almost half the fee to maybe get a good replacement is as shite a plan as one could think of.

It's an interetsing question, but I'm afraid with the current owners, the likelihood of reinvested funds is very slim indeed, so it's a no-brainer.

Has to be said though, that £100m for a player who has started less than 50% of our games over the past two seasons (and, has looked rather disinterested in many of the recent ones) would make me think very carefully.