You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani & Match Fitness.

KopOut

It was difficult for either of the holding midfield players to have too much influence on the game as they were largely bypassed by the long ball game. I'm not sure Aquilani would've made much difference there. The introductions of Riera and Benayoun saw us improve dramatically, so on this occasion I believe Rafa got his subs right.

You could argue that Lucas and Mascherano were doing such a good screening job that Everton had little option but to play it long.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could argue that Lucas and Mascherano were doing such a good screening job that Everton had little option but to play it long.

I think I just might. Anything to make Lucas look better eh?

Right, listen up everybody. Lucas and Mascherano were doing such a good screening job that Everton had little option but to play it long.

So you reckon two fifteen minutes stints a couple of weeks ago plus 30 seconds is enough to start him in a game?

He's only had fifteen minutes of competitive action. If he starts against Fiorentina I will be shocked.

At the rate we are going I would be shocked if he starts at all this season!

The truth is Rafa is going to bite the bullet sooner or later. Rafa must of had a game play when he first signed him. Does he intend to play him alongside Masch or in the hole.Where ever Rafa decides to play him the opposition are going to get stuck into the lad.

Florentinia is a perfect game for him to make his full debut. We have very little to loose in the game and AA will be up against the type of player he has played against week in week out. If he does not start this game something is a miss !

As i see it, match fitness is arrived at by playing fucking matches. That's my two cents worth.

is correct.

"my two cents worth" = twat

just so you know.

fucking typical.

we or rather our manager spends nearly 20 million quid and doesnt give the player a chance to get fit. its a fucking joke. hes been fit enough to be on the bench for the last 4 or 5 games but still its not the right time. when will be the right time.

rafa is running scared of using aquilani in case he gets injured which is as i understand football a recognised hazard.

marvellous.

is correct.

fucking typical.

we or rather our manager spends nearly 20 million quid and doesnt give the player a chance to get fit. its a fucking joke. hes been fit enough to be on the bench for the last 4 or 5 games but still its not the right time. when will be the right time.

rafa is running scared of using aquilani in case he gets injured which is as i understand football a recognised hazard.

marvellous.

what's 'fucking typical'? I just think people that use phrases like that are bellends. I care not about the thread.

The truth is Rafa is going to bite the bullet sooner or later. Rafa must of had a game play when he first signed him. Does he intend to play him alongside Masch or in the hole.Where ever Rafa decides to play him the opposition are going to get stuck into the lad.

Florentinia is a perfect game for him to make his full debut. We have very little to loose in the game and AA will be up against the type of player he has played against week in week out. If he does not start this game something is a miss !

As pointed out earlier if Masch had signed a new long term contract then I think Rafa would have less of a problem dropping Lucas.

Its not a question of biting the bullet, I believe Rafa doesnt want to risk defensively weakening the team playing Aquiliani and therefore the issue has absolutely nothing to do about fitness. Its the same issue with Aurellio not playing LB but playing LM

As pointed out earlier if Masch had signed a new long term contract then I think Rafa would have less of a problem dropping Lucas.

Its not a question of biting the bullet, I believe Rafa doesnt want to risk defensively weakening the team playing Aquiliani and therefore the issue has absolutely nothing to do about fitness. Its the same issue with Aurellio not playing LB but playing LM

Rafa doesn't wish to weaken the defensive side of the team, I am sorry but Rafa surely knew AA's strenghths and weaknesses before he signed him, yes! By all accounts Aquilani can play in the hole, SG is struggling with an injury, surely it makes sence to give the lad some game time, in place of SG? Who has been a shadow of his former self, due to playing with the aid of pain killing injections.

The longer this drags on, the more than likely we are to have another Keane fiasco on our hands.

Rafa doesn't wish to weaken the defensive side of the team, I am sorry but Rafa surely knew AA's strenghths and weaknesses before he signed him, yes! By all accounts Aquilani can play in the hole, SG is struggling with an injury, surely it makes sence to give the lad some game time, in place of SG? Who has been a shadow of his former self, due to playing with the aid of pain killing injections.

The longer this drags on, the more than likely we are to have another Keane fiasco on our hands.

Times change and Rafa needs to finish 4th to keep his job so he reverts back to what he knows best

is correct.

fucking typical.

marvellous.

Maybe if Roma had exercised the same care Rafa wouldn't need to use the kid gloves treatment! Surely someone should be brought to task regarding that world class medical he had?!

i'm praying he never plays for italy.

A meaningless CL game against italian opposition is the perfect intro isnt it?

It has to be, if he doesn't start this game something is a miss. Pointless game against Italian opposition, please give one reason he shouldn't start.