You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was watching "On This Day" on LFC TV before, and it was the 2-2 game at Old Trafford in 1995 when United banned away fans because the stadium was being rebuilt. Fowler scored 2 blinding goals and it was Cantona's comeback.

My abiding memory? Redknapp making an excellent tackle on Giggs, and the latter throwing his hands up, turning around and getting a penalty. Things haven't changed in the slightest 14 years on, the fucking moaning cunt.

So, what abidiing memory/ies comes to mind? What can't you let go, even though you know you really should.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us against Coventry after the Newcastle game.

No Crouch or Bellamy against AC Milan.

Trying to replace an excellent Spanish midfielder with someone who wasn't as good.

Drogba rolling back onto the pitch after being fouled last year.

Letting Dan Eggen score against us for Brondby, thus ensuring headline writers had a field day.

Losing at Bolton a few years ago. They scored from a free kick conceded when Finnan was just trying to shepard the ball out but got penalised for obstruction. Not seen a referee give a free kick for this sort of thing, either before or after.

I'm sure it was the same game when they got a free kick for a Reina hand ball even though he was wel inside the area.

I remember that night quite clearly. I can remember my Dad and Grandad fuming at the result and myself laughing at 'Egg head' before the match. Must be about 11-12 years ago now.

1995 it was. We'd beaten Spartak Vladikavkaz in the round prior to that.

How times have changed.

I remember that night quite clearly. I can remember my Dad and Grandad fuming at the result and myself laughing at 'Egg head' before the match. Must be about 11-12 years ago now.

That was one of my first European nights. Maybe it was THE first actually, was that before or after the Sion game? My dad said "That's a new low." He wasn't fucking wrong. Although, to be fair, I didn't know how bad it was at the time. The first time I appreciated how shit we actually were was the Celta Vigo away game.

Losing at Bolton a few years ago. They scored from a free kick conceded when Finnan was just trying to shepard the ball out but got penalised for obstruction. Not seen a referee give a free kick for this sort of thing, either before or after.

I'm sure it was the same game when they got a free kick for a Reina hand ball even though he was wel inside the area.

Don't remember that Finnan incident. In the game where Reina was penalised we lost 2-0 and their second goal came from open play. We've not lost their for ages other than that game.

Won in 08/09, 07/08, lost in 06/07, drew in 05/06, lost in 04/05 (When Davies GBH'd Hyypia), drew in 03/04 and won in 02/03. You sure it was Bolton?

How Moores let this club down for so long and then handed us over the two Americans who carried on were he left off. How he missed the opportunity to develop such a big brand, how he missed the boat with getting us a new stadium and his general lack of business acumen. Add Parry and his stupidity to that as well.

It fucking winds me up

the one thing that immediately jumps to mind is the Cup Winners Cup semi final first leg against PSG back in 96.

Obviously we lost 3-0, but McManaman had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside, and it really would have been the difference.

Charlie George on his back in the Wembley sunshine. I know I should be over it by now.

Fucking hell, what a bad memory...Still sends me cold that one.

Remember going out into the back and crying my bastard eyes out, took me years to get over it. Never liked Charlie George after that, and it doesn't help when the telly have shown it nearly every FA Cup since. When we played Newcastle a few years later, I was haunted that the experience would be repeated. Don't think I really relaxed till the third went in.

the one thing that immediately jumps to mind is the Cup Winners Cup semi final first leg against PSG back in 96.

Obviously we lost 3-0, but McManaman had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside, and it really would have been the difference.

I seem to recall they did too though, so it might not have been that important. Though losing 4-1 would have been better than 3-0.

Don't remember that Finnan incident. In the game where Reina was penalised we lost 2-0 and their second goal came from open play. We've not lost their for ages other than that game.

Won in 08/09, 07/08, lost in 06/07, drew in 05/06, lost in 04/05 (When Davies GBH'd Hyypia), drew in 03/04 and won in 02/03. You sure it was Bolton?

Must have been a different game, maybe one we won. I'm sure it was against Bolton though.