You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EGM Outcome & Meeting with Christian Purslow

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'd have just waited another hour before making the thread...

For those that need it posting :

The Spirit of Shankly Supporters' Union met at The Olympia on Saturday to allow the Management Committee to launch its proposed direct action campaign to see the American "owners" removed from the Club.

The campaign is to send a clear and unequivocal signal to the owners that they are no longer welcome at our airport, hotels, restaurants, ground, club or city. The campaign will focus upon media profile, leafleting, billboards and banners.

We plan protests, banners and chanting at the Debrecen game this Wednesday, at West Ham next Saturday (if you are going please get in touch with Jay McKenna at directaction@spiritofshankly.com) and the away game at Leeds United (which will have a special resonance bearing in mind we are moving towards being "the next Leeds").

In addition we are asking for anyone who can help with intelligence on their proposed arrival within the city for matches to let us know as far in advance as possible. This will lead to direct, non-violent action, to prevent them from getting from their planes to their hotels, from their hotels to restaurants or pubs, from getting close to our ground, from getting into the ground and if in the ground, to consider disruption within there too.

Interestingly, following our meeting on Saturday we have been contacted by the Club and representatives from the Committee have been invited to meet Christian Purslow on Wednesday before the Debrecen game.

The Committee will be putting the leaflet questions (and others) to the Club at that meeting. Members are asked to email secretary@spiritofshankly.com if they have any further questions about the ownership or financing (the meeting will be limited to these issues only) - if we can we will include these and we will, of course, report back afterwards to all members.

The leaflet handed out at Saturday's match can be downloaded here

They should reject his request.

I thought the same. Maybe in the future it could be sorted out that any meeting requests from the club are voted on by members first? (that could be a big move forward.) If the request had been rejected they'd probably be a lot more concerned about SOS than they will be right now.

Not trying to be negative for the sake of it but after all the decent stuff there that did stick out, it's like they have another chance at undermining us by feeding us with bullshit. I hope he fails with whatever he's been told to spout anyway, would love him to slip up or be made to slip up. Just don't see how he can bullshit his way through the questions he's surely going to get asked, but he'll more than likely find a way.

They should reject his request.

I understand what your getting at, basically fuck them, but it's an opportunity to put questions to a proper representitive of the club, even if the answers will be vague or just plain lies.

I'd hope SOS have a few stipulations though? For instance he will have to answer any question the members put to him, no pre-determined bollocks in which he has time to prepare a bullshit answer.

I understand what your getting at, basically fuck them, but it's an opportunity to put questions to a proper representitive of the club, even if the answers will be vague or just plain lies.

I'd hope SOS have a few stipulations though? For instance he will have to answer any question the members put to him, no pre-determined bollocks in which he has time to prepare a bullshit answer.

The slimy cunt will probably only agree to pre-prepared questions with pre-prepared answers.

Ask how when Glen Johnson signed Rafa said we'd enough money to sign another player, we then took in £36m in fees for players, bought a midfielder for £18m and struggled to get £1.5m for that Greek lad, at least £20m unaccounted for, which brings me to the next question, why was the manager allowed to set up a deal for Silva and Aqualani providing Xabi went and then told the £20m for Silva deal is off?

which brings me to the next question, why was the manager allowed to set up a deal for Silva and Aqualani providing Xabi went and then told the £20m for Silva deal is off?

How do you know that Silva stuff is true? If it is, how people can wonder what's up with Torres if they know that I have no clue.

Didn't Purslow say last week that Rafa has spent £20m plus net or something like that, I'd ask him to show me where and how.

Agreed, the full 20mil and what it went on, there's got to be all types of bullshit figures if they try and answer that.

I personally believe that all communication with the club should cease, unless it's to talk about the exit of the owners from the club.

Absolutely nothing else should matter.

There should be a seperate arm of SoS that looks after useful things like travel etc, and a more militant (for want of a better word) branch that looks after direct action and whose ONLY aim is to get rid of the owners. Nothing else.

Having SoS liaise with the club about travel arrangements on one hand, whilst taking direct action against them on the other hand is conflicting and confusing IMO.

I apreciate that SoS has some real benefits to fans, such as travel etc, and things like this require regular contact with the club.

But many fans just might not want to be associated with direct action. Likewise there are many fans who would like to be a part of direct action against the owners, but just aren't arsed about anything that involves cosy meetings with the club.

I personally fall very much in to the latter, and I'm certainly not alone. I'd happily get involved in anything that involves outing the pricks, but I'm just not arsed about the 101 other things that SoS now seems to stand for.

I find the whole thing bizarre to be honest. You can't actively campaign to out an entire board whilst simultaneously meeting with them and their representatives, discussing matters that effect the fans. It's shitting where you eat.

Edited by Tom R

I think it is important to keep lines of communication open, how else are we meant to let the club know how we feel on certain issues.

See my post.

By having two seperate "branches". one for liasing abot ticket prices, travel and all that gubbins that I personally don't give a shit about. And one for direct action.

Who are you going to fear most - the guys you regularly sit down with and discuss banal things like ticket prices with, or the group of shadowy direct action takers who you never see and rarely hear from, unless it's to say one thing - get the fuck out of our club?

I know which one I'd be worried about.

It's impossible for the two elements to be mutually exlcusive and successful as you can't be taken seriously.

It's half arsed.

I think it is important to keep lines of communication open, how else are we meant to let the club know how we feel on certain issues.

This appears to be the only official channel at the moment. Purslow requested this meeting and so this is a major step forward for SOS. It's a recognition of the group and indicates that the current/proposed action is at least having an effect. I agree that the guy will probably just produce a stream of lies, but what else can he do in his position? We'd all like to see him admit that they've just snaffled £30m from the transfer kitty to reduce the loan amount, but that's very unlikely. I suspect he will use the meeting to make veiled threats about what they will do in response to the continuing action. If so, then at least we know what we're likely to be facing. It's a good opportunity for the Committee members to state the position over the owners visiting the club. If he advises them to stay away then this would mean no expenses for this year and so cover the transfer fee for Kyrgiakos. However, if they ignore the request, then we can say they've been warned through officials channels and deserve everything they get.

Spot on from Mr Ross there.

See my post.

By having two seperate "branches". one for liasing abot ticket prices, travel and all that gubbins that I personally don't give a shit about. And one for direct action.

Who are you going to fear most - the guys you regularly sit down with and discuss banal things like ticket prices with, or the group of shadowy direct action takers who you never see and rarely hear from, unless it's to say one thing - get the fuck out of our club?

I know which one I'd be worried about.

It's impossible for the two elements to be mutually exlcusive and successful as you can't be taken seriously.

It's half arsed.