You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

With Aquilani fit I expect him and Lucas to be competing for the same spot on the team and I do expect Aquilani to get the nod.

and maybe play together if we want to be more adventurious, as we were in the second half against Bolton, when they went down to ten men.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you pretty much describe how I feel about his ability, but he has played reasonably well this season, he has (in my opinion), he has offered more, as he had to, he gets forward a lot more, and getting involved a lot more, he still is not good enough for a first team choice.

Which is why he will remain third choice, sorry but how can someone who is third choice attract so much vective is beyond me, I can understand if Rafa was playing him ahead of Alonso or Aquiliani but he isn't, by buying Aquiliani Rafa is stating quite categorically that he doesn't think Lucas is good enough for the first team.

Why compare him to Fletcher? why not Anderson, who Lucas is better than, and Mikel who again, Lucas is better than or Diaby who Lucas is better than.

I didn't compare him to Fletcher, someone else asked who they thought was better, I just answered the question.

I don't know why people hate Lucas. Maybe it's because the manager still persists with him. I don't know. But I doubt anyone will say that Lucas never tries his best, or hides away from games.

Lucas may well be a more gifted player than Diaby, but I think Diaby is better suited to the Premiership, if that makes sense.

Anyway, this argument has literally been done to death, so I'll leave it now. Just wanted to get across my point that I'm not just writing Lucas off for the sake of it.

True, its another way of have more an attacking intent team on the field.

Surely adding someone like Yossi to the middle would mean more attacking intent. Now i am not one to have a go at our players, but when you are saying stuff like that it just sounds daft. Adding lucas for attacking intent is like hiring an account to perform at your christmas party.

I think you pretty much describe how I feel about his ability, but he has played reasonably well this season, he has (in my opinion), he has offered more, as he had to, he gets forward a lot more, and getting involved a lot more, he still is not good enough for a first team choice.

Which is why he will remain third choice, sorry but how can someone who is third choice attract so much vective is beyond me, I can understand if Rafa was playing him ahead of Alonso or Aquiliani but he isn't, by buying Aquiliani Rafa is stating quite categorically that he doesn't think Lucas is good enough for the first team.

Why compare him to Fletcher? why not Anderson, who Lucas is better than, and Mikel who again, Lucas is better than or Diaby who Lucas is better than.

Lucas is no way better than Mikel and Diaby though erratic has shown more quality than Lucas. I also think Anderson is better but he has admittedly gone off the boil. Lucas does a job but he has just too many flaws in his game; concedes too many fouls in dangerous areas and just cannot shift the ball at any real pace, he just plays square. Fourth choice player for me.

Diaby is a fucking really good player. And as much I like to say Mikel is shit, in reality he's better than Lucas. I wish he wasn't, but he is.

So is Anderson, although both he and Lucas both look like lesbians and would make a lovely, if ugly looking, couple.

I agree.

But surely you agree Lucas gets unjust criticism at times? Plus unecessaary abuse... such as 'he's shit'.

I agree.

But surely you agree Lucas gets unjust criticism at times? Plus unecessaary abuse... such as 'he's shit'.

I've said it many times, he isn't as bad as he's made out to be and he has had some over the top criticism at times.

But that doesn't mean he's anywhere near good enough.

Lucas is no way better than Mikel and Diaby though erratic has shown more quality than Lucas. I also think Anderson is better but he has admittedly gone off the boil. Lucas does a job but he has just too many flaws in his game; concedes too many fouls in dangerous areas and just cannot shift the ball at any real pace, he just plays square. Fourth choice player for me.

Diaby is a fucking really good player. And as much I like to say Mikel is shit, in reality he's better than Lucas. I wish he wasn't, but he is.

So is Anderson, although both he and Lucas both look like lesbians and would make a lovely, if ugly looking, couple.

Lucas is better.

Mikel looks like Tracy Chapman, Anderson looks like Snoop, Diaby looks like a big gangly cunt who can't stand up and he looks as though he is being tickled constantly.

Lucas looks like Ellen Degeneres.

To be a regular... I think we all agree.

But I think he is fine back up (which is what he is really) and hopefully he can improve further.

Lucas is better.

Mikel looks like Tracy Chapman, Anderson looks like Snoop, Diaby looks like a big gangly cunt who can't stand up and he looks as though he is being tickled constantly.

Lucas looks like Ellen Degeneres.

Hehe I can't argue with any of that.

Except the first sentence!

I've said it many times, he isn't as bad as he's made out to be and he has had some over the top criticism at times.

That really is the bottom line.

If he goes to Italy I'm sure he will be more useful there than he is at Liverpool.

For us, he is not good. He is not good enough to start, he is not good enough to be even a 3rd choice midfielder.

Whether people read that as "not good" or "shit" depends on their opinions. No point in anyone getting their knickers twisted about it.

You like to hedge your bets, don't you.

I hate taking sides.

Also : WhiskeyJar is Lucas's TLW account.

But I think he is fine back up (which is what he is really) and hopefully he can improve further.

Instead of my long winded ranting about this, that's pretty much where I am too.

Edited by Red Phoenix

To be a regular... I think we all agree.

Well if he is only good enough for back up, why not bring the likes of Spearing through instead and let Lucas progress further in his career in another league, rather than keep him stagnant in a league where he is never going to be what is required.

I don't think Lucas is shit by the way, there is a good player trying to get out, just don't think Rafa or his staff are the ones who can bring it out.

There is some real crazyness in this thread. Not the standard TLW crazyness, either, an utterly undefendable type that the sane amongst us find both concerning and wrong.

Also, what kind of defence is " he wasn't the worst today/ hasn't been the worst this season"? The abscence of a negative is not a positive. He's meant to play well, it's what he's paid to do. Could you imagine a defence of Steven Gerrard beginning with something so inherently flawed?