You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Battrick X11 style Cricket game..anyone interested?

My One Dayer today:

Langer lbw b. Brinkhuys 102 81 11 1

Simmonds (+) c. Dhanji b. Cliffe 178 157 17 2

Byerley c. Arthur b. Cliffe 70 53 9 0

Barrett b. Cliffe 7 6 1 0

Toney not out 11 6 0 1

Kekeletso (*)

Whing

Bhate

Barstow

Philani

Aaron

Extras (8b, 4lb, 1w, 3nb) 16

Total (50.0 overs, 4 wickets) 384

They scored 48 in 13.3 overs.

Now that's what I call a comprehensive win!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My One Dayer today:

Langer lbw b. Brinkhuys 102 81 11 1

Simmonds (+) c. Dhanji b. Cliffe 178 157 17 2

Byerley c. Arthur b. Cliffe 70 53 9 0

Barrett b. Cliffe 7 6 1 0

Toney not out 11 6 0 1

Kekeletso (*)

Whing

Bhate

Barstow

Philani

Aaron

Extras (8b, 4lb, 1w, 3nb) 16

Total (50.0 overs, 4 wickets) 384

They scored 48 in 13.3 overs.

Now that's what I call a comprehensive win!!

Hahaha I've just noticed, the reporter gives my top order as mediocre!!! Who's doing the reporting Stan 'the woman bashing man' collymore?

• 2 months later...

I just won the one day league today, one game left 8 points ahead of the second placed team! Woo hoo Merry Christmas.

In the First Class League I have one game left, this is the table:

League: X.104 - First Class League

Team P W L D T Bat Bowl Points

1. SunderlandAlbion 9 6 0 3 0 41 27 164

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. BedrockXI 9 7 2 0 0 35 27 160

3. CC Kraken 9 4 1 4 0 33 27 132

4. Walkeringham CC 9 2 5 2 0 19 24 79

5. Masham CC 9 2 7 0 0 11 26 65

6. Iranis Legends 9 0 6 3 0 2 26 40

My last game is against SunderlandAlbion, who earlier today were called KNK!

Can't wait to play the last game, and hope we stuff them.

1st in First Class

2nd in One Day League

8th in 20/20

Ground capacity now at 12600

Club Members: 733

Projected balance at next Update: £1,105,925

Youth Academy Condition: superb

Star Player: Bernie Hinshelwood - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,452

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: strong

Batting: competent Concentration: proficient

Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent

Fielding: feeble

Decent season for me.

Won my FC league by miles. Won every match and got maximum batting and bowling points. (4 bot teams though so no great achievement)

Survived automatic relegation in my OD league and now have to play a play-off. Decent acheievment given the teams that finished above me are miles better than me.

Finished 5th in my T20. Again, decent outcome as the top 3 or so were much better than me.

Have about £1M in the bank.

Looking forward to next season!

When does the new season start for this?

Old Swann CC (11388) shortcut

General Manager: Yozzer

Region:Lancashire

First Class League: #5 in X.275

One Day League:#7 in VI.33

BT20:#3 in VI.805

Team Ranking:#5420 in England

#18131 in the World

Ground:Old Swann CG

Edited by Yozzer

Fucking hell, in my first game I won the toss and chose to bat on a good pitch. I'm now currently 18 for 7 with some Indian fast bowler getting 3 wickets in the first over. Back to the drawing board I think.

Edit: All out for 23 off 10.1 overs. Brilliant.

Edited by Yozzer

Fucking hell, in my first game I won the toss and chose to bat on a good pitch. I'm now currently 18 for 7 with some Indian fast bowler getting 3 wickets in the first over. Back to the drawing board I think.

Edit: All out for 23 off 10.1 overs. Brilliant.

In the cup? The team you were playing is probably much better than you, given that you've only started... Wouldn't worry about it... It's the sort of game where the length of time you've been playing is a massive factor due to the time spent training players...

Edit: I just had a look there at that fixture - that was a fairly decent team you were playing, several 5-figure BT ratings - a heavy defeat was inevtiable. You have a lot of bot teams in your leagues, so that'll give you a chance to win some matches, build morale, gain members and money and stick a decent training plan in place.

Edited by DimReaper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2.5 W Phiwokwakhe to Malik

Short and hammered straight to Piper at short midwicket, who has taken a screamer. Malik can't believe his eyes and can barely drag himself from his crease. What a catch!

2.4 W Phiwokwakhe to Snowdon Amazing! That ball seamed in a mile and has struck Snowdon on his pads. Phiwokwakhe appeals for the LBW and the umpire has no hesitation in raising the finger.

2.3 W Phiwokwakhe to Sam Yes, got him! A thick outside edge from Sam and that's about as easy as they get for a keeper. Sam is fuming, but he's got no one to blame but himself for that one.

Hattrick!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty nailed on for promotion in my OD and T20 league, both from grade VI to grade V. However, I'm concerned that my team wont be able to cope with the step up because I haven't upgraded any of my players from the start of the game. Do you think I'll be able to stay up?

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a message from Battrick that somebody had put a bid in for a player who I'd put in an offer for. I though I recognised the team name - it was you Dim Reaper! Just bought another player though so he's all yours, although I probably couldn't compete with your financial prowess.

Got promoted in my ODI and BT20 although they were full of bots and finished second in my First Class League, moving on for an inevitable bumming next season.

On a side note, the new things they've now implemented into the game look exciting and I've enjoyed this game.

Just got a message from Battrick that somebody had put a bid in for a player who I'd put in an offer for. I though I recognised the team name - it was you Dim Reaper! Just bought another player though so he's all yours, although I probably couldn't compete with your financial prowess.

Got promoted in my ODI and BT20 although they were full of bots and finished second in my First Class League, moving on for an inevitable bumming next season.

On a side note, the new things they've now implemented into the game look exciting and I've enjoyed this game.

Didn't spot that... I haven't bought a player I've really wanted ever yet... So hard to get players at the right price... I have about £3m in the bank now... I'm looking to get is players with at least superb primaries now but my best player is still only a strong primary...

I finahsed 2rd in my BT20, 3rd in my FC and got relegated from a very tough OD league...

Re: TLW Alliance: I tried to join that a while back but got not response to my "application" - i'm somewhere in the 5000s ranking too.