You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather pull him up on his constant and incessant shite to be honest

If i'm in the minority then so be it, not arsed, they can ban me instead, if that what it takes

You are the ring leader that certainly is true Andy, but it doesn't faze or bother me in the least. I merely said that Gerrard's comments cannot be taken as gospel given his previous comments about Houllier.

You have taken that and tried to blow it up and an attempt to use me as a forum destabilizer (again) in an attempt to have me banned in the long run. It sucks really but that's what you do. Carry on.

You are the ring leader that certainly is true Andy, but it doesn't faze or bother me in the least. I merely said that Gerrard's comments cannot be taken as gospel given his previous comments about Houllier.

You have taken that and tried to blow it up and an attempt to use me as a forum destabilizer (again) in an attempt to have me banned in the long run. It sucks really but that's what you do. Carry on.

Man...just saying to try and help, because you're cool when you want to be : if there's people giving you shit why don't you just say that you'll have to agree to disagree with them? But also, you must be winding them up in the firstplace so why not just try and think of what pisses other people off more and try to avoid it? It just bugs me because I've not known you for long but I like some of your posts, just don't see why you have to get caught up in stupid fucking arguments so often.

Other people think you're ok too, it just seems daft that we might not read what you think much longer because you're heading for yet another ban. You confuse me more than I confuse myself.

basically Toxteth I think you're good to have around because you don't mince your words when you have something to say about the club you love. (why the fuck should any of us do that, you know?) Don't be a dick and get banned again!

By the way : Gerrards public comments can never, ever be taken as gospel. He said he hoped the Mancs would win the CL, remember?

Yes! You!

I've been up all night and drinking, yeah. (check the thread I made in *F about energy drinks, and it's maybe because I have more loathing for mondays than Garfield.) But Toxteth just reminds me so much of myself a few years back that it bugs me more than it bugs most others. It feels almost personal.

I used to be a total knob on a forum years back but I later regretted it because I'd lost touch with a lot of people that I respected. Maybe that's why it bugs me.

Anyway I'm done with it, if Rash doesn't give a fuck at least I tried. A few posts trying was worth it just to see if he'd stick around, because he does make a lot of sense when he's not arguing and on a windup.

So, going by your argument, Alonso would be happy to stay if he was on Gerrard wages?

Or am I missing something?

And with that the whole issue is summed up.

Unfortunately we don't have unlimietd resources & have prioritised them elsewhere.

Certainly correctly when it means keeping Gerrard & Torres; maybe not when it means buying Johnson instead of making do at RB (although Carra would also have to be upped then so it is a bit more complicated)

And with that the whole issue is summed up.

Unfortunately we don't have unlimietd resources & have prioritised them elsewhere.

Certainly correctly when it means keeping Gerrard & Torres; maybe not when it means buying Johnson instead of making do at RB (although Carra would also have to be upped then so it is a bit more complicated)

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and better to offer Arbeloa and Alonso the "Johnson" money?

Wouldn't it have been cheaper and better to offer Arbeloa and Alonso the "Johnson" money?

Yes i probably think it would & was a mistake not to.

However there may have been a lot of extra costs in doing that as other players demended more cash.

People judge themselves relatively: it is 1 thing to tell Carra for instance you cant have more cash but we had to give it to the 2 superstars; it is another if Xabi or Arbeloa got it.

So £80k to those 2 would have cost £160k as we had to give other raises as well.

Overall though (probably as i dont rate Johnson as English players always get overhyped) i would have done exactly that.

Yes i probably think it would & was a mistake not to.

However there may have been a lot of extra costs in doing that as other players demended more cash.

People judge themselves relatively: it is 1 thing to tell Carra for instance you cant have more cash but we had to give it to the 2 superstars; it is another if Xabi or Arbeloa got it.

So £80k to those 2 would have cost £160k as we had to give other raises as well.

Overall though (probably as i dont rate Johnson as English players always get overhyped) i would have done exactly that.

You might be right, but I really think Xabi just wants to go home. Fuck! I hope we find out why he really went in the months to come. (yeah, if he does, etc.) 10k fucking posts.

I'm not arsed, once he's gone he's dead to me.

Harsh. Where is your soul? Xabi has had 5 years with us and was part of one of the greatest nights in our history. he deserves better than that. I am disappointed that he wants to leave, and hope that events in the future mean that he regrets it, but it doesn't have to go all nasty.

Harsh. Where is your soul? Xabi has had 5 years with us and was part of one of the greatest nights in our history. he deserves better than that. I am disappointed that he wants to leave, and hope that events in the future mean that he regrets it, but it doesn't have to go all nasty.

I was joking RiS.

I just cant be arsed with the autopsy, who's to blame - who isnt to blame.

This has dragged on far too long and got far too boring far too quickly.

If we don't get busy in the next few weeks I am going to be concerned about our top 4 hopes as well because it's going to be close this year.

Interesting; it is going to be very tough next season, City concern me despite everybody dismissing them, they have no European football to distract them and if they are going well they will be able to bring on board any player they fancy in the window, their manager is their achilles heal in my view, when they address that the sky's the limit for them. I don't think Arsenal are going to be the duffers everyone imagines either, they've a lot of players coming back from injury and in that young lad Wilshere they just might have a sensation on their hands, Utd and Chelsea will be Utd and Chelsea; top four should not be sniffed at i'm afraid and to actually win it would be a magnificent achievement, here's hoping.