You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Fernando Torres repasó la actulidad del Atlético de Madrid, del Liverpool y de la Selección española en el III Foro MARCA del Deporte, donde el punta contestó a las preguntas realizadas por los lectores de MARCA.com.

El de Fuenlabrada demostró su amor a los colores del Atlético de Madrid señalando que en el hipotético caso de que Rafa Benítez fichara por el Real Madrid, "no seguiría sus pasos" y destacando que espera "acabar mi carrera deportiva en el Atlético", ya que "sería importante terminar donde empecé". De todas formas, esto sería después de 2014, fecha hasta la que estará vinculado con los 'Reds' tras renovar su contrato.

Sobre la temporada que acaba de finalizar para el delantero, el ex rojiblanco se queda con el "hermanamiento de las aficiones del Liverpool y del Atlético de Madrid en el partido de Liga de Campeones", partido en el que se coreó el nombre de 'El Niño' en la grada del Calderón.

En la máxima competición continental vivió otro de los momentos de la temporada, el gol que le marcó al Real Madrid en Anfield Road. Tras el tanto, Torres resalta que "había estado unos días sin entrenar y tuvo la sensación de que mereció la pena arriesgar".

Con la segunda temporada en el Liverpool finalizada, Torres resalta que "he mejorado mucho, he conseguido marcar más goles que ningún otro extranjero en su primer año en la Premier y quedé tercero en el Balón de Oro".

Sobre el vestuario que dirige Rafa Benítez, el autor del tanto que dio a España una Eurocopa resalta "la gran relación con todos sus compañeros, que son los que hacen a uno más grande".

Por encima de todos, quiso destacar al capitán 'Red', Steven Gerard, con el que "espero poder jugar toda la vida, siempre está disponible, y además, cuando todavía no había fichado por el Liverpool me mandó un mensaje para darme la bienvenida".

Para mejorar la delantera del conjunto inglés, Torres no se llevaría a Forlán "porque debilitaría al Atlético de Madrid" pero sí que ficharía a "Villa o a Silva, quienes sería un gran complemento para el Liverpool".

Sobre el debate de qué liga es mejor, la española o la inglesa, el protagonista del III Foro MARCA del Deportes cree que "es difícil decir qué Liga es mejor, aunque la Premier es más competitiva porque los ingleses cada vez están más fuertes y cada vez más jugadores van a Inglaterra".

Preguntado sobre los dos entrenadores que más le han influido a lo largo de su carrera, Torres no duda al señalar a Luis Aragonés y a Rafa Benítez. El 'Sabio de Hortaleza' le enseñó mucho "al inicio de mi carrera, que es lo más importante, el tenía mucho que enseñar y yo mucho que aprender" y el técnico del Liverpool "me ha hecho dar un salto de calidad muy importante".

Comparando el juego de su club con el de la Selección, resalta que "es diferente jugar con Mascherano y Gerrard a jugar con Xavi e Iniesta", ya que con los azulgrana "es un lujo porque les puedes tirar una pedrada y sabes que van a parar el balón".

Por otro lado, espera lograr éxitos con el conjunto inglés y con el combinado nacional el próximo año, cuando quiere "ganar la Liga de Campeones con el Liverpool y el Mundial con España".

Precisamente fue con el combinado nacional donde encontró "la sensación que buscaba durante toda la vida" tras marcar el gol de la final de la Eurocopa. Esto provocó que con esto "cumplí todos los sueños que tenía", aunque lamenta no "haber marcado el gol en el fondo donde estaba la afición española".

Torres: "No seguiría a Benítez si fichara por el Madrid" - MARCA.com

"I do not want Forlan as that would weaken Atletico but I want Silva and Villa at Liverpool"

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with the attitute.

For a team that plays 4-2-3-1, Torres, Tevez, Lavezzi and Zarate + Kuyt and Ngog would be a brilliant set of players.

Lavezzi and tevez will cost the same so both will be in excess of 50m and zarate has recently signed permanently for lazio so he wont be coming. Your not playing football manager here....

No way on earth should we be buying from Italy. Quite frankly most players that have come from Italy to the Premiership have failed miserably.

Zola made a nice impact in PL, but he's the only proven Serie A player that crosses my mind. Other succesful italian imports like Viera, Henry, Bergkamp was highly rated talents that never made it until they left the italian top flight.

Lavezzi and tevez will cost the same so both will be in excess of 50m and zarate has recently signed permanently for lazio so he wont be coming. Your not playing football manager here....

No they won't.

40 million at most.

And Zarate hasn't signed permanently for Lazio

and You're.

If Alonso goes, Which I don't want to happen, we'll have 45 million to play with.

And we could get Zarate on a loan deal.

Rafa confirmed in his season review today that Babel has a future here.

Yeah but did he look as if he meant it. I think we'd all like Babel to come good here but surely he'll be sold his summer to help finance tevez, lavezzi or silva.

Guest RafaIsRafa
Give it half an hour an there's bound to be another NOTW story on him.

Their pearls of wisdom tomorrow are City are getting Barry and Tevez, a truly awful rag.

Permanently? Fuck me. I thought Nandos 5 year deal was a bit long but it pales in comparison to this Zarate contract.

Eastlands bosses believe they have clinched deal

Benitez to make Carlos his top target

By DAVID HARRISON, 30/05/2009

MANCHESTER CITY believe they have won a £42million race for Carlos Tevez and Gareth Barry.

The richest club in the world are ready to rubber-stamp a £32m deal to steal Tevez away from city rivals United. And they will offer £10m-rated Barry £90,000 a week to see off Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs.

The move for Argentinian striker Tevez, 25, also blows Liverpool and Chelsea out of the chase with City happy to meet Kia Joorabchian's £32m asking price.

Liverpool's bid for the former West Ham forward was the lowest offer received. Boss Mark Hughes will also pay Tevez nearly £140,000 a week in a four-year deal.

Joorabchian will have one final meeting with Old Trafford chiefs this week to find out whether Sir Alex Ferguson sees Tevez as anything more than a bit-part player.

Those assurances are unlikely - leaving the way clear for City.

Hughes is in the Middle East to talk about transfer targets with City's Abu Dhabi owners and has made it clear he sees Tevez as vital to the club.

City are much further down the road with Tevez than Barry. But they are confident their financial clout will get them the Aston Villa captain.

Liverpool felt they were in pole position after their abortive attempt to land Barry, 28, last summer.

But the Reds are unable to match the Arabs' vast wealth. Barry could yet decide he values Champions League football over money but Eastlands officials are confident of getting their man.

Eastlands bosses believe they have clinched deal | Sport | News Of The World

I know it isn't Bascombe, but can't see either wanting to join Citeh over us no matter how much they offer.

In my opinion its a nonsense weak story, the key word in the article is BELIEVE, Citeh believed they had Kaka in the bag when they bid for him, i honestly think we have a good chance of getting Tevez,it will be up to the player and we can offer Champions League football,this will be a major influence, all these rumours and inside stories have made me dizzy, i think ill go an have a lay down...ouch

I haven't passed judgement on this Lavezzi fellow yet, 'cause we don't know shit about these agent/club rumours. It seems like their is a strong cause for him coming though. Generally I hate the kind of players that is Lavezzi: flairy individualists that goes lost for whole games but sometimes manages to pull something totaly sick off. There's something special about this guy though. I've seen him 2-3 times only and it has striked me that his also a hard worker, but for his "own cause. He doesn't take the easy way out, dives or hangs his head. He just stick it down and runs runs runs like hell; get pasts people with sick dribbles like a decapitated chicken. Mostly it's to no use, but he continues, works hard, and never ever stops. Ofcourse we wouldn't know how and if Rafa plans tu utilize him but I'd imagine that the likes of Bolton would be up for some serious indefensible stuff if we got our hands on him. Could work a threat on suckers who'd think they could park the bus in front of goal for 90 minutes. 1 successful break-through out of 10 tries is enough. It's true that Lavezzi is "Babel raw" and couldn't pick a pass if there were ten Liverpool players standing around him in a circle, but I like the fact that he doesn't seem to give a fuck - there's no laziness in him whatsoever.

So I'm gonna approve, and hope that we get this boy for a reasonable amount of £.

No they won't.

40 million at most.

And Zarate hasn't signed permanently for Lazio

and You're.

If Alonso goes, Which I don't want to happen, we'll have 45 million to play with.

And we could get Zarate on a loan deal.

Sky Sports | Football | Serie A | Lazio | Zarate contract agreed

Zarate contract agreed

Mauro Zarate has agreed terms with Lazio to make his move to the club permanent.

Zarate is on loan at Lazio from Qatari outfit Al Sadd and they had a deadline of 1st May to seal an agreement with the player.

After extensive talks, the Argentine striker has indeed come to an agreement with the Biancocelesti.

"I am happy. Is this what I wanted? Of course," Zarate told Il Messaggero after the talks.

Lazio had already held lengthy talks with Al Sadd earlier this month and looked to have an agreement.

However, it has now emerged that Lazio are yet to agree terms with Al Sadd - so although a deal has been agreed with the player, the transfer cannot yet be finalised.

A host of Premier League clubs have been tracking Zarate - who has been in outstanding form this season, bagging 14 goals for Lazio.

And they are likely to remain on his trail until a deal between Lazio and Al Saad is struck and the Qatari club are believed to have a deadline of early June for the whole transfer to be finalised.

Wrong again Mr.N'gog we trust