You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans petition to the FA

politico

Signed it - but am well aware that it stands absolutely no chance whatsoever of being acted upon. To new owners and directors yes - football is a business first and foremost - all that local stuff and supporters is nice window dressing...trouble is, it's seen exactly the same way by the FA, UEFA, FIFA and the Premiership - a cash cow - whatever occasional noises they make from their uphostered seats and executive boxes, swiss chalets etc. To think it is viewed in any other way at its base is to be delluded.

Agree that it has little chance of changing the world tomorrow.

But if people can get on board and spread the word then things can happen.

I aim to put this petition on every footie forum in England and if we can start to get signers by the 1000's then maybe I can get the media interested-and if they get on board, then maybe just maybe the FA and all the rest might just sit up and take notice.

Positivity-can't save the world but it can help.

So get on board -spread it by forum-twitter-word of mouth whatever-if we just stay shtum -then they win!!!

'Once an owner and his director’s are in place the governing body should operate a transparent policy of monitoring the day to day activities of the club, and where needed investigating any allegations of malpractice on an ongoing basis. In other words the FA should properly fulfil its remit of actively governing the sport from top to bottom.'

this is absolute nonsense, like those cunts at the FA could monitor/regulate a football club. that's like the FSA monitoring/regulating the banks, it's worthless and makes things worse. they already show themselves as biased corrupt cunts I dont want them anywhere near LFC.

Delighted that in the first 48 hours we are up to 130 signatures-it is clear that football fans from near and far, feel things need to change.

So please join this fledgling campaign and spread the word across football.

Football fans message to the FA Petition

Below are a selection of comments posted so far.

------------------------------------------------

About time we, as fans are united agianst the corruption and enemy of our beloved game.

------------------------------------------------

Something has got to be done. We need safe standing, if germany can do it why can't we.

-------------------------------------------------

been waiting for sometin like this, lfc fan but feel so sorry for fans of southampton and others in administration why should they have to suffer cos of inept owners

---------------------------------------------------

As custodians of the future of our game, the FA certainly needs to work with the PL and Football League to prevent the unchecked and disproportional costs of watching football at all levels in England, and of the levying of non-football related debt onto football clubs large and small.

The current iniquities are destroying grass roots league football clubs, such as Luton, Southampton.

Southampton's very successful academy has trained many top class footballers, but the benefits go to the rich clubs, not the clubs who invest and train the young talent, as used to happen.

--------------------------------------------------

Love football, I want my kids to love it too!

--------------------------------------------------

Its time the FA came to give something back to the fans who travel and go to football games around the country. You took Wembley from the fans because the fan now cannot get a ticket. The Champions League Final is another one. The fan cannot get a ticket. Although the clubs have been given 19,500 tickets each which is a disgrace. Half of those will not be on offer to even the season ticket holder. The fan is being priced out and football is not the game same it was only 15 years ago.

Every effort by the English F.A. should to ensure the ordinary working people can afford to support their local team.

Money should not be the only criteria used when a takeover of a club is being discussed.

-----------------------------------------------

Good luck with this, I believe many right-minded football supporters feel exactly the same and would totally back such changes. Without supporters, there would be no football, perhaps the authorities should remember that.

Largely i agree with your sentiments.

We are luckier than 88 clubs in the football leagues with our finances & enjoy European trips etc, but realistically i know with my head & my wallet that we have no realistic chance of winning the PL even from that elevated position.

However unfortunately petitions are meaningless- It is a business & the way to make any business change is to reduce your consumption of the product.

Until we do that, it will remain as predictable as ever.

too right -but slowly fans are starting to wake up to the idea that if we can act together-rather than being totally tribal -then we can wake up the media and fa about the fact that many are being driven away from the game.

Look out for the publicity around a new film by Ken Loach called looking for Eric-it deals with exactly this subject.