You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

F.A.O all the W****** who are Brainwashing everyone with Rafa should go etc

satmann

I'd have thought his record speaks for itself,what do you need detailing?

What do you think of his attacking buys, do you think he could have done better, if so how and if not why?

Do you think he gets the balance right between defense and attack in how he always want us to not take any chances going foward which can make us being caught unbalanced, if so how if not why?

Do you think he lets how he values hard work cloud his judgement when it comes to buying attacking players, if so how and if not why?

Do you think he lost his ways during the summer when his original valuation of certain players did not hold water and he still wanted to push the deals through, did he work in the interest for the club then or himself, if so how and if not why?

This is Rafa`s 5th season here, have we progressed the way we could expect in the league and do you think a manager who has not won the league during his first 4 seasons here will ever do it from a historical perspective and are the odds good enough to give him a new contract before the season has finished, or should we wait to see where we finsih this season as it maybe will be our 3rd consecutive season without a trophy?

Just for starters.

What do you think of his attacking buys, do you think he could have done better, if so how and if not why?

Do you think he gets the balance right between defense and attack in how he always want us to not take any chances going foward which can make us being caught unbalanced, if so how if not why?

Do you think he lets how he values hard work cloud his judgement when it comes to buying attacking players, if so how and if not why?

Do you think he lost his ways during the summer when his original valuation of certain players did not hold water and he still wanted to push the deals through, did he work in the interest for the club then or himself, if so how and if not why?

This is Rafa`s 5th season here, have we progressed the way we could expect in the league and do you think a manager who has not won the league during his first 4 seasons here will ever do it from a historical perspective and are the odds good enough to give him a new contract before the season has finished, or should we wait to see where we finsih this season as it maybe will be our 3rd consecutive season without a trophy?

Just for starters.

Sure Benitez has made some bad buys,Babel/Keane?,but he's made a great signing in Torres.

Yes i do think we've progressed in the League,under previous managers we wheren't even getting Champions League qualification regularly,that's taken for granted now,will we win the League this season,i don't know,do I think we will eventually win it under Benitez? yes I do.

I honestly don't think where not a million miles away from winning the Prem,are weaknesses are on the flanks.

I think our Spine is a good as anyone's.

People are right to say the Rafa shouldn't get involved in what goes on behind the scene's,stating it's not the Liverpool Way true,but then again what Hicks/Gillett/Parry and Moores are doing isn't the Liverpool Way either.

Am a Prick because i fight my corner............but your Custy/Kosher because you fight yours!

No, you're a prick because of your attitude to Dave and other posters on here. Dave's not stupid enough to let it all out on here, and he doesn't go round trying to persuade people to join forces in some holy war against Benitez. People have a mind of their own. Dave's views on Benitez and the club are I dare say a bit more complex than 'Benitez is shit' or 'Benitez is great'. I haven't called for Benitez to go, though I'd trust him about as far as I could throw him. Nobody (and this may upset you Dave, so please look away now) on here as far as I know bases their opinion solely on what Usher tells them.

No, you're a prick because of your attitude to Dave and other posters on here. Dave's not stupid enough to let it all out on here, and he doesn't go round trying to persuade people to join forces in some holy war against Benitez. People have a mind of their own. Dave's views on Benitez and the club are I dare say a bit more complex than 'Benitez is shit' or 'Benitez is great'. I haven't called for Benitez to go, though I'd trust him about as far as I could throw him. Nobody (and this may upset you Dave, so please look away now) on here as far as I know bases their opinion solely on what Usher tells them.

I forget it's Dave web site isn't it,so we can't go upsetting him can we,or he might take his ball home.

And that's TWICE you've called me a PRICK,less of it!!!

I forget it's Dave web site isn't it,so we can't go upsetting him can we,or he might take his ball home.

And that's TWICE you've called me a PRICK,less of it!!!

Did you bother to read my post? If you post with a little more respect to people's views, then you might get some respect back. Carry on calling people names because they don't agree with you, and you'll get called names back. It's an easy concept to grasp.

Did you bother to read my post? If you post with a little more respect to people's views, then you might get some respect back. Carry on calling people names because they don't agree with you, and you'll get called names back. It's an easy concept to grasp.

What names did I call Usher?

Jesus wept. Read your post again. It wasn't Usher you slagged off, it was all these people that hang off every word Dave says. I'm bored with this conversation now Durango. Go and find someone else to play with.

Your bored because you've got no answer,i never called any indivdual,and your boring me, so stop replying to my post.

Your bored because you've got no answer,i never called any indivdual,and your boring me, so stop replying to my post.

Why haven't you answered my questions on SoS - it took me ages to type that? Is it because you are a self made spokesman for SoS and nobody on the committee have a clue as to who you are and what you look like?

You are totally out of order on this thread too.

Sure Benitez has made some bad buys,Babel/Keane?,but he's made a great signing in Torres.

Yes i do think we've progressed in the League,under previous managers we wheren't even getting Champions League qualification regularly,that's taken for granted now,will we win the League this season,i don't know,do I think we will eventually win it under Benitez? yes I do.

I honestly don't think where not a million miles away from winning the Prem,are weaknesses are on the flanks.

I think our Spine is a good as anyone's.

People are right to say the Rafa shouldn't get involved in what goes on behind the scene's,stating it's not the Liverpool Way true,but then again what Hicks/Gillett/Parry and Moores are doing isn't the Liverpool Way either.

Just to play Devil's Advocatt but if the Champions League qualifying places went down to 4th when Evans and Houllier were in charge then we would have qualified more times than they did. We never finished below 4th under Evans and yet we never qualified for the Champions League.

Just to play Devil's Advocatt but if the Champions League qualifying places went down to 4th when Evans and Houllier were in charge then we would have qualified more times than they did. We never finished below 4th under Evans and yet we never qualified for the Champions League.

Didn't think of it that way

Touche

That ignores the "pressure" element.

If a game(s) is for 4th or 5th with nothing riding on it or 3rd or 4th with nothing riding on it next season it is very different to if it is for a CL place or not.

Evans's teams had a terrible record in "pressure games" (ie/ the BS, the Mancs, in Europe, going for the CL at end of '97).

GH's teams had a much better record but lost to the pre-Roman Chavs & Bradford (!) when a CL place was up for grabs.

Rafa beat Milan when CL qualification was on the line, although that was far less than the pressure of actually winning the thing.

It also ignore the Roman factor. An extra place was added but you had a team with essentially unlimited budget coming into the reckoning to take 1 of those places after '03.

What makes you right and 'the rest' wrong? Nothing, it's just your opinion. You're no more right than the people calling for him to go. You may believe you are right, but that doesn't make it so. People can make their own minds up what to think, they don't need you 'showing them the way'.

As for the original post, I know a fair few people who want him out, and they aren't wankers, they are good reds. It's funny, but generally the people who want him out aren't the ones starting threads 'to all the wankers who think he should stay'.

This is the kind of shit that starts bickering on here. How about a little tolerance of other people's opinions, instead of this arrogant 'we're right you're wrong' kind of crap?

I have a problem with this - This forum is called The Liverpool Way - And surely the Liverpool way is about support, and specifically support for the manager. it's not about being right or wrong but about unity and solidarity. Rafa has his faults and he frustrates the fuck out of me at times, but no-one can question his talent, he is at the cutting edge of football management - to deny this is ignorant and biased imo. I cant be arsed going into his CV and record etc, as it's been done to death but it imo it would be crazy to sack Rafa, lunacy in fact.

In terms of tolerance of other people opinions. Well yes I agree to this to a point, but if this tolerance is about allowing dissent to grow amongst our support, then it is a bad thing, and should be kept in check. As we know criticism is contagious, and before you know it a mob will have formed baying for blood, regardless of whether it's right or wrong. Mass hysteria is a dangerous thing. So if these 'good reds' have a problem with Rafa, then they should keep there own council, and keep it private, as 'good reds' can be very influential and sway opinion.

IMO - we stick with Rafa, allow him to do his job, unrestricted, unhindered, but not without criticism if he make mistakes. But at this most critical juncture in our modern history, when we the famous Liverpool SUPPORT, are needed most , we should give him our SUPPORT as this is THE LIVERPOOL WAY

Have you ever struggled to eat an ice cream?

What an ace insult. I plan to use that in real life very soon.

I have a problem with this - This forum is called The Liverpool Way - And surely the Liverpool way is about support, and specifically support for the manager. it's not about being right or wrong but about unity and solidarity. Rafa has his faults and he frustrates the fuck out of me at times, but no-one can question his talent, he is at the cutting edge of football management - to deny this is ignorant and biased imo. I cant be arsed going into his CV and record etc, as it's been done to death but it imo it would be crazy to sack Rafa, lunacy in fact.

In terms of tolerance of other people opinions. Well yes I agree to this to a point, but if this tolerance is about allowing dissent to grow amongst our support, then it is a bad thing, and should be kept in check. As we know criticism is contagious, and before you know it a mob will have formed baying for blood, regardless of whether it's right or wrong. Mass hysteria is a dangerous thing. So if these 'good reds' have a problem with Rafa, then they should keep there own council, and keep it private, as 'good reds' can be very influential and sway opinion.

IMO - we stick with Rafa, allow him to do his job, unrestricted, unhindered, but not without criticism if he make mistakes. But at this most critical juncture in our modern history, when we the famous Liverpool SUPPORT, are needed most , we should give him our SUPPORT as this is THE LIVERPOOL WAY

What a load of old wank that is.

Don't say nasty things in case the little kids repeat them.

ooooo there are some nasty little Rafa-Haters on here isnt there.

My response to your post has nothing to do with my opinion on Rafa. As it happens I am fairly positive towards Rafa.

That doesn't mean I think anyone who isn't should shut up (barring one or two lunatic exceptions), lest they offend me or turn me evil.

I have had to add 5 little red bars for your shitty reponse.

That ignores the "pressure" element.

If a game(s) is for 4th or 5th with nothing riding on it or 3rd or 4th with nothing riding on it next season it is very different to if it is for a CL place or not.

Evans's teams had a terrible record in "pressure games" (ie/ the BS, the Mancs, in Europe, going for the CL at end of '97).

GH's teams had a much better record but lost to the pre-Roman Chavs & Bradford (!) when a CL place was up for grabs.

Rafa beat Milan when CL qualification was on the line, although that was far less than the pressure of actually winning the thing.

It also ignore the Roman factor. An extra place was added but you had a team with essentially unlimited budget coming into the reckoning to take 1 of those places after '03.

If there were more Champions League places then there may well have been less pressure on us in certain games? When we were beaten by Bradford we were on a terrible run of form, not scoring in our last 5 league games and losing 3 of those.

If the Champions League games that season had gone down to 4th place then we would have had qualification sown up much earlier so the players could have relaxed and I'm sure we would have got better results against the likes of Leicester, Southampton and Bradford. We could have been challenging for 2nd instead of ending up 4th, as we were only 6 points behind Arsenal in the end after our bad run.

Chelsea effectively replaced Leeds, who at the time were going out spending big money on top players such as Ferdinand, Fowler and Keane. They thought they had an unlimited budget but we all know what happened there, but they were the Chelsea of the day.