You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pourie sold to Schalke

coop

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we think he was that good, then at least he should start everey u-18 team match, and regularly play for the reserves.

Off course we put a price on him, and I think that price will have been reduced after negotiations. Hopefully there are clauses inserted in case he succeed. But €2m for a player not even good enough for our reserves is crazy money.

But if we managed to get €2m for him, then someone have done a terriffic job.

There's other variables to consider though. Someone said that he wasn't getting on with his team-mates. Adjeavic(sp?) was another talented lad that was told to look elsewhere because of his attitude. There's plenty better than Broweur such as Dalla Valle, Eccleston who are still to play for the reserves. Dalla Valle, wewre he to be sold, would fetch a pretty heft wedge.

What i'm saying basically, is at that age its more to do with pure and natural talent than how many games they've played.

There's other variables to consider though. Someone said that he wasn't getting on with his team-mates. Adjeavic(sp?) was another talented las that was told to look elsewhere because of his attitude. There's plenty better than Broweur such as Dalla Valle, Eccelston who are still to play for the reserves. Dalla Valle, wewre he to be sold, would fetch a pretty heft wedge.

What i'm saying basically, is at that age its more to do with pure and natural talent than how many games they've played.

As far as I know Ajdarevic has never had any attitude problems. Off course there are many variables. I am only stating my opinion. And for me €2m for a player not even considered good enough for the reserves at 18 is crazy money.

I would be very surprised if we got anything close to that amount. Maybe as success related clauses etc, but not upfront.

There have been rumoured that there will be a lot of players ( reserves- youths ) leaving this transfer window, and that is a good thing as we have an incredibly amount of players.

Hopefully Brouwer or Bruna goes next.

Well if we think he was that good, then at least he should start everey u-18 team match, and regularly play for the reserves.

Off course we put a price on him, and I think that price will have been reduced after negotiations. Hopefully there are clauses inserted in case he succeed. But €2m for a player not even good enough for our reserves is crazy money.

But if we managed to get €2m for him, then someone have done a terriffic job.

610x.jpg

Does anyone know roughly how much we bought him for?

If we've made a reasonable profit (and hopefully we'll have a sell-on clause included in the deal), then it can be considered good business. Of course, we can't really be seen to sign and then bin off youth players too often.

That said, I thought there would be a huge cull in the summer at both youth and reserve level, but oddly it didn't happen - we just signed more and more players. Some tough decisions need to be made (although selling the likes of Brouwer won't rank amongst them) and a rethink of our strategy is needed.

Is he really that good?

He's my personal favourite, and going by pure talent he's got everything. There are a few flaws in his game (for example he needs to be more of a team player), but that's the case with all youngsters.

I don't rate Weijl, Brouwer, Crowther, Putterill, Lindfield et al, but I really think Pourie has a chance of making it big time.

Hopefully I'm wrong though

Does anyone know roughly how much we bought him for?

If we've made a reasonable profit (and hopefully we'll have a sell-on clause included in the deal), then it can be considered good business. Of course, we can't really be seen to sign and then bin off youth players too often.

That said, I thought there would be a huge cull in the summer at both youth and reserve level, but oddly it didn't happen - we just signed more and more players. Some tough decisions need to be made (although selling the likes of Brouwer won't rank amongst them) and a rethink of our strategy is needed.

On a free.

He's my personal favourite, and going by pure talent he's got everything. There are a few flaws in his game (for example he needs to be more of a team player), but that's the case with all youngsters.

I don't rate Weijl, Brouwer, Crowther, Putterill, Lindfield et al, but I really think Pourie has a chance of making it big time.

Hopefully I'm wrong though

Players like Crowther, Putterill, Lindfield and the like are on the fringes (and most likely the way out) anyways.

Would it not be more appropriate to compare him to the likes of Dalle Valle, Saric and Pacecho?

We need the cash and whilst he looked a decent player there are other prospects at the club and in all fairness many of us have been saying they needs to be a cull of players at reserve level to allow some of the talent through plus try and recoup some of the cash Rafa has spent in signing them in the first place.

If he's such a superstar who'll be a 10 million pound player within 12 months it brings up three questions

1) Why would we let him go

2) Why haven't we got a string of clubs beating the door down to sign him and massive hype surrounding him.

3) Why wasn't he fast tracked as any player with that amount of ability would be

I always got the impression that the likes of Dalle Valle and Eccelston were more highly rated and without the attitude as well. Sounds like a great deal to me.

Eccelston on his way to Melwood this week,he's only a year left on his contract and there trying to tie him down,on Pourie he has gone to Schalke,the fee £150k,we paid £50k for him, Schalke are thinking about putting him on loan to 1860 Munich,that's what i've been told.

Durango mate you heard anything about Pacheco going Sheffield Wednesday on loan for the rest of the season.

Don't think so,a lot of Politics,I think Pacheco, with him being a Foreigner, he as to stay at Liverpool for 3 years to qualify as a "Home player" for future Champions League Criteria.

That's why Insua gone off for this Championship (U20's) all to do with work permit criteria,

Don't think so,a lot of Politics,I think Pacheco, with him being a Foreigner, he as to stay at Liverpool for 3 years to qualify as a "Home player" for future Champions League Criteria.

That's why Insua gone off for this Championship (U20's) all to do with work permit criteria,

Makes sense but what about players like Antwi etc how come they have gone on loan.

Is it because they are older.