You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where do you live? Suggestions required within...

Nick Leeson

Looking to move somewhere and watned to get a 2 bed flat that was not too expensive but also quite a cool place to live. Thought about L1,2,3 but I don't fancy the noise every night.

Also thought about sefton park but there doesn't seem to be much going that isn't a new style build. Would much prefer a big scabby flat above some shops somewhere that I can tidy up a bit myself.

<ignore andUser="Red Thorpey">Oh yeah, preferably Merseyside; I'm not moving to Toronto.</ignore>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My house is in the hills above Trujillo. A very simple place ... pink stones that warm in the sun ... kitchen garden that smells of herbs in the day ... jasmine in the evening. Through the gate is a giant poplar. Figs, apples, pears. The soil, Nick, black ... black like my wife's hair. Grapes on the south slopes, olives on the north. Wild ponies play near my house, they tease my son. He wants to be one of them.

My house is in the hills above Trujillo. A very simple place ... pink stones that warm in the sun ... kitchen garden that smells of herbs in the day ... jasmine in the evening. Through the gate is a giant poplar. Figs, apples, pears. The soil, Nick, black ... black like my wife's hair. Grapes on the south slopes, olives on the north. Wild ponies play near my house, they tease my son. He wants to be one of them.

Sounds ace; need a lodger?

Yes, to make it clear to you; you foo'. It's just a bit of PsuedoCode. y'know? Fictitious, like?

:(

Whooosh!

See, there was me thinking a TNF regular like yourself was trying to do something clever and had fucked it up. I was wrong and I apologise.

Oh, and I didn't really have anything particularly amusing to say anyway...

Move on, nothing to see here.

Oxton, yo: Victorian buildings, leafy quiet roads and a great village centre with everything you need: pubs, restaurants, cash point, deli, green grocer, butcher, newsagent, coffee shop, cafe, offies and even a techie nerd shop.

Oxton, yo: Victorian buildings, leafy quiet roads and a great village centre with everything you need: pubs, restaurants, cash point, deli, green grocer, butcher, newsagent, coffee shop, cafe, offies and even a techie nerd shop.

and Birkenhead hanging off it's arse like a nasty, unshakable winnit.

Do you have the Oxton Conservatives or maybe the Countryside Alliance there too Paul??

and Birkenhead hanging off it's arse like a nasty, unshakable winnit.

But it's an oasis of tranquility amid the mayhem and only ten minutes from the beach, the countryside and the city (and your little 'un - Bromborough or Eastham where Liz lives, isn't it?). It's also very diverse in terms of the type of people you see. A very mixed area - even getting mixed ethnically these days, too, which is weird for The Wirral which once seemed like the whitest place in the world.

Do you have the Oxton Conservatives or maybe the Countryside Alliance there too Paul??

Oh aye - but it's got loads of freaks, hippies and bomb 'eads, too. Just not much aggro or unpleasantness. Which is nice.

Mum and Dad have just moved to Lydiate.

I cant believe theyd do that to me....and theyve only have 2 bedrooms now. They have 2 grand kids from my sister so who do you think gets tasked with sleeping on a matress on the floor of the living room when we all visit.

I knew they hated me.

Guest TK-421
OK, so we have Oxton -- which frankly isn't happening, err, in any sense of the word; no matter what Paul says.

Why not, man? It's got a cash point. A CASH POINT!!!

If you're looking to buy, the arse has fallen out of the 'apartment' market in Warrington. Was chatting to an estate agent a couple of weeks back, and one which was valued at 150k went on the market for 50 and sold for 43.

What has Gaz done to you that is so bad it deserves for you to be trying to get him to live in Warrington?