You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wireless Internet Connection help

Firstly, I know very little about connections and computers in general.

Today we have switched our internet and phone to TalkTalk.

I set up the internet connection on the main PC and it was working fine (this is what I am using now). However, the wireless internet connection has not been set up to my laptop in my room.

I used to be able to use a wireless internet connection to get internet on my laptop. Can anyone tell me how I do this?

I just tried ringing TalkTalk but they put me through to some fucking Indian who couldn't speak the language and I had to hang up before I told her what I thought of her. Sorry to any Indians out there, but this woman couldn't even understand the words "Wireless Connection".

Can any of you guys help me out here?

Basically I am asking how I set up a wireless internet connection from my laptop to the main PC.

Well it seems quick on this computer and certainly quicker than our last one which was just under 4 times more expensive.

I found out what the problem was. It was not a wireless router. Will have to get them to send out a wireless router so that I can use my laptop again.

I found out what the problem was. It was not a wireless router. Will have to get them to send out a wireless router so that I can use my laptop again.

You want to think about a career in IT.

Funnily enough I just phoned talktalk. I got through to this lovely Indian woman who was saying "Some of our customers can't even speak fucking English, what is warlez ruder?"

You want to think about a career in IT.

Funnily enough I just phoned talktalk. I got through to this lovely Indian woman who was saying "Some of our customers can't even speak fucking English, what is warlez ruder?"

I had to read that out several times until I got the joke. Racist!

What was the antenna for then?

There was no antenna on it. It was one of my very few stupid moments.

Well I set up this whole new intnernet connection with all the wires and the new router, so the one that arrives on Friday won't be too much of a difference.

RiS, the king of fuck ups, is now taking the piss out of me. Oh, the irony!

Well I set up this whole new intnernet connection with all the wires and the new router, so the one that arrives on Friday won't be too much of a difference.

RiS, the king of fuck ups, is now taking the piss out of me. Oh, the irony!

I have lost that crown due to impressive displays from others. There is fucking up and there is not knowing whether your router is wireless or not.

*makes spaz hands at Cain*