You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for Hleb...

they have an agreement with the player but have to talk to Arsenal is what it says. there is also a report saying they're trying to negotiate for Silva or Malouda so it is a bit confusing as to what they're up to.

for Hleb...

they have an agreement with the player but have to talk to Arsenal is what it says. there is also a report saying they're trying to negotiate for Silva or Malouda so it is a bit confusing as to what they're up to.

So , they have reached an agreement with Hleb behind Arsenal's back?

Transfer windows are always confusing mate. Better to be patient and see where we are in August.

here's a translated report:

---

Silva And Malouda Split The Press

Barcelona's desire to sign a left-sided forward has split the daily sports papers with AS claiming that a bid of €20m for David Silva is being prepared, while Sport believe that a higher offer for Florent Malouda is on the cards.

The Catalan giants made their first move into the transfer market on Monday when they met Seydou Keita's buy-out clause of €14m to sign him from Sevilla and now they want to move forward.

Valencia have acknowledged that one or two big names will need to be sold to balance the books and it is believed that Silva could well be on his way if the asking price is met.

Barça have attempted to talk los Ché down, but €20m is the fee that the club are demanding and if Pep Guardiola is insistent then that could be agreed, AS believe.

In Catalunya, the diminutive Spanish international is seen as second choice with Sport stating that the Blaugrana are set to pursue their interest in Malouda first.

The Chelsea misfit will also demand around €20m only a year after joining the London club from Olympique Lyonnais and that means that Guardiola will have to choose his man carefully.

A third option, put forward by Sport, is Arsenal's Aleksandr Hleb, who could prove to be somewhat cheaper than the other two.

The Belorussian may not be the flair player that Guardiola wants to supply the crosses and create the play down the left flank, however, and yet another option could well be sought.

Goal.com - Spain - Silva And Malouda Split The Press

If Malouda stays at Chelsea he may come good like Ballack has done after a poor 1st season.

The big difference is that Ballack is a winner. He's been a top player for years and will do what it takes to win.

Malouda isn't.... his attitude isn't like that. I think he's already given up on England, Malouda.

He didn't make flattering comments about England or Chelsea if I remember correctly.

The big difference is that Ballack is a winner. He's been a top player for years and will do what it takes to win.

Malouda isn't.... his attitude isn't like that. I think he's already given up on England, Malouda.

He didn't make flattering comments about England or Chelsea if I remember correctly.

You are probably right. I'm just so pleased that we didn't get him last summer.

In all fairness, theres not much good to say about England or Chelsea.

Chelsea would be an awful club to go to I reckon.

In all fairness, theres not much good to say about England or Chelsea.

Chelsea would be an awful club to go to I reckon.

I'm sure the huge salary would soften the blow for most. Also, they haven't done too badly since Roman bankrolled them in the past few years.

I'm sure the huge salary would soften the blow for most. Also, they haven't done too badly since Roman bankrolled them in the past few years.

I meant as a club, I dont think there would be any atmosphere in the dressing room, or banter between the players etc. Everyone would pick up there big pay cheque, get in their ferrari, and fuck off back home miserably.

I think at a club such as ours, and even Arsenal and Man Utd, the players would enjoy training and being at the club in general. Whereas I think Chelsea are just an awful club to go to.

I meant as a club, I dont think there would be any atmosphere in the dressing room, or banter between the players etc. Everyone would pick up there big pay cheque, get in their ferrari, and fuck off back home miserably.

I would certainly agree there aren't too many likeable personalities or characters in their dressing room

• 3 weeks later...

i have to say, i wouldnt be over joyed if we signed David silva, he`s not a bad little player, but way too overrated, and my god is he flimsy, ive been watching him with a little more attention because of the obvious links, but in each game for spain in the euros, he`s been missing for most of the game, the odd flick here and there, but nothing really to make you sit up and take notice, Podolksi or shcweinsteiger would be better in my opinion, better work ethic for starters anyway