You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, isn't it?

the 3 muslims totally fail to understand whats offensive to muslims.

You white people are totally correct. We just must be very thick, eh?

Shall i fetch you your slippers, Master? Yes Master, right away Master.

Leave it out now man.. fucks sake. Bigger fish to fry with Hicks!

And I apologise for banging on about it, but i fucking know a racist joke when I see it, and excuse me for being a bit pissed off when a white lad tries to tell me how its not racist.

I'm sorry- I thought it was me who grew up facing racism daily. but whatever.

Thats my final word on it. Do what the fuck you like and justify it how you like.

TOM HICKS YOU DIRTY YANK! OUT! :whistle:

But we had pictures of fish, surely that was enough to drag you through this thread.

Of course, how could I forget the fish!

A nice distraction to an otherwise dull thread. Seriously, I don't know why people even bother analysing the off-the-field stuff too much because it's too volatile.

Countless threads/posts/sources etc and nothing actually happens. Again!

Argh!

To be fair Hicks's statement is significant, unless you consider it bullshit of course.

And this thread, for about the last 20 pages has been bloated with stupid fish and stuff. *

That's deserving of an 'Argh!'.

*edit: the cartoon style one with Dave and the whale was absolute class

To be fair Hicks's statement is significant, unless you consider it bullshit of course.

And this thread, for about the last 20 pages has been bloated with stupid fish and stuff. *

That's deserving of an 'Argh!'.

*edit: the cartoon style one with Dave and the whale was absolute class

Hicks' statement is indeed significant, but there hasn't been any progress and that's what I was getting at. We hear one thing from one source, then it's countered by another, and then we hear one newspaper story which is then countered by another as well.

And where do we end up? Back at square one. I realise that it's really important for the future of the club but it bores the fuck out of me because i've become so disillusioned by it all. I don't understand why people discuss it so much without knowing what's going on.

Hicks' statement is indeed significant, but there hasn't been any progress and that's what I was getting at. We hear one thing from one source, then it's countered by another, and then we hear one newspaper story which is then countered by another as well.

And where do we end up? Back at square one. I realise that it's really important for the future of the club but it bores the fuck out of me because i've become so disillusioned by it all. I don't understand why people discuss it so much without knowing what's going on.

I think, and speaking personally, it's a case of people trying to make some sense of it all.

It's only like going over and over why we're not challenging for the league this year, where Gerrard should play, if Carra's world class etc. Sometimes you just need to get your thoughts written down.

Yep it would have been much better for this to have been sorted out in private but unfortunately it's being played out in the media, much like all the other goings on at LFC this last 14 months. And that's reflected in these threads.

I think, and speaking personally, it's a case of people trying to make some sense of it all.

It's only like going over and over why we're not challenging for the league this year, where Gerrard should play, if Carra's world class etc. Sometimes you just need to get your thoughts written down.

Yep it would have been much better for this to have been sorted out in private but unfortunately it's being played out in the media, much like all the other goings on at LFC this last 14 months. And that's reflected in these threads.

That's a fair point actually mate. I go on and on about other things continually and it is the same as that. The only thing I would say, is that the reason I love football is for the actual game of football. The off-the-field business side of the game doesn't really interest me because i'm not passionate about it and my knowledge isn't what it should be either. I see terms like 'hedge-funds' and run!

I'd rather talk about football than business and finance at the end of the day, but I suppose it's understandable that people want to discuss all aspects of the club. Can't really complain about people being passionate I suppose.

Just me being a moody bugger in my old age!

That's a fair point actually mate. I go on and on about other things continually and it is the same as that. The only thing I would say, is that the reason I love football is for the actual game of football. The off-the-field business side of the game doesn't really interest me because i'm not passionate about it and my knowledge isn't what it should be either. I see terms like 'hedge-funds' and run!

I'd rather talk about football than business and finance at the end of the day, but I suppose it's understandable that people want to discuss all aspects of the club. Can't really complain about people being passionate I suppose.

Just me being a moody bugger in my old age!

Nah, ignorance is bliss sometimes.

p.s. if you happen to have an e-season ticket get it cancelled!

Can one of you photoshop kings put Twit and Twat (Parry and Moores) into this pic for me? I feed an urge to have a new avatar in honour of the 2 utter pricks who allowed this utter mess to happen.

laurel%20and%20hardy.jpg

I've not time but this is one I made earlier.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/56423-issue-62-captions-unofficial.html#post985681

Would i be right in saying Hicks has said he has stopped talks with DIC but that doesnt mean Gillett has.

I personally think nothing has changed in regards DIC still trying to buy out Gillett and this is purely a delay in the inevitable Mr Anderson in the DIC take over.

Amazing, isn't it?

the 3 muslims totally fail to understand whats offensive to muslims.

You white people are totally correct. We just must be very thick, eh?

Shall i fetch you your slippers, Master? Yes Master, right away Master.

Why don't you just put your ball away dickhead this thread has more important issues right now.