You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa's Surrender

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those games is the mancs. So you seem to have no problem surrendering the points at reading so we can get a 'wi'n against the filth? Presumably, you are saying the win against filth is more important than the 3 points?

Personally, I could do without Europe this year IF it meant we'd stand a chance of the title. My opinion is any Liverpool manager worth his salt should play his stronget 11 week in, week out (see previous post!)

Unfortunately some people still wont take their head out of the sand over rotation. Its costing us dear not helping us!

what's our strongest 11 though?

does it include alonso - some people don't think so (I do)

does it include kewell - some people don't think so

does it include babel - some people don't think so

in short we dont HAVE a strongest 11, I'm not that bothered by a set of players playing week in week out I'm more concerned with picking a group of people most likely to get us a result and away from home pick players with pace (for the counter attack) and players that are good in possession (so we don't gift the opposition with the ball keep the ball quiet the fans).

hindsight is 20/20 but imho we were always going to struggle with two slow strikers asked to provide width and two central midfielders who aren't exactly none for their creativity

get to fuck, theres so many pricks on here who wouldn't say boo to a goose. i'm tired of it, rashid is a fucking gobshite and i'm banned but so fucking what. what is done is done, the lad should never be a Liverpool fan, yeah i know you'll say the same about me but so fucking what. It's my city and fuck you all

No I'd rather we'd just beat Reading comfortably as I think we were on the way to until their second goal.

I was referring to being 3-1 down with twenty to go and a massive week ahead.

And Rafa rotated quite a lot in the 5 games before the Reading one where the goal score was 21-1, didn't he?

It's like zonal marking - it only gets mentioned when it goes tits up.

No, its the rotation is king people who drone on and on about it 'working' when we get a result. It does make a difference and I've consistently said it should be ditched. Rotation IS the cause of the inconsistent results ie win a couple, lose a couple. There's no consistency.

So, you telling me Benitez persists with zonal marking even though he knows (by now) that that causes as many problems? That's just as bad.

in short we dont HAVE a strongest 11, I'm not that bothered by a set of players playing week in week out I'm more concerned with picking a group of people most likely to get us a result and away from home pick players with pace (for the counter attack) and players that are good in possession (so we don't gift the opposition with the ball keep the ball quiet the fans).

hindsight is 20/20 but imho we were always going to struggle with two slow strikers asked to provide width and two central midfielders who aren't exactly none for their creativity

We don't have to have a strongest 11. But we should be choosing from a pool of 16 players only. Alonso, Kewell & Babel are all class players. Crouch, Sissoko, Riise & Voroin are not.

get to fuck, theres so many pricks on here who wouldn't say boo to a goose. i'm tired of it, rashid is a fucking gobshite and i'm banned but so fucking what. what is done is done, the lad should never be a Liverpool fan, yeah i know you'll say the same about me but so fucking what. It's my city and fuck you all

Charming.

We don't have to have a strongest 11. But we should be choosing from a pool of 16 players only. Alonso, Kewell & Babel are all class players. Crouch, Sissoko, Riise & Voroin are not.

crouch can be class if given the ball in dengerous areas, don't ask him to provide it simply isn't in his make up. undecided about voronin I'm pretty sure momo and riise will be sold soon.

Arent all these questions the manager should be able to answer? We dont have a strngest 11? I think that's a disgrace IF the manager doesnt know his strongest 11 by now. Do you really think ferguson, wenger, maureen et al dont know their strongest 11? Please dont give it the Rafa has no strongest. I prefer to look at the track record of the managers who've won the title.

Benitez's 2 titles inspain are starting to look a long way off. Perhaps some people are starting to live off that now?

I think your comment that we were always going to struggle with 2 slow strikers is very telling! Who bought them, who picked them, who decided to play them that way?

Whichever way you look at it, Benitez got it wrong again. That wouldnt bother me if he was showing any signs of learning from the mistakes.

Tell you what, the owners wont stand for it.

crouch can be class if given the ball in dengerous areas, don't ask him to provide it simply isn't in his make up. undecided about voronin I'm pretty sure momo and riise will be sold soon.

The sad reality is that in the last third of the game, I thought to myself who would I rather have - the Reading duo of Doyle and Kitson or Crouch and Voronin and was genuinely not sure.

It's ok saying Sissoko and Riise will be moved on, but they still played yesterday in a game where we needed the 3 points.