You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strange Dreams

Section_31

• 2 years later...

Had a dream the other day me and the Mrs were stuck in traffic at Speke boulevard and some woman came up standing on massive, 50ft wooden stilts and started shouting at me in Spanish, so I pushed her and she fell back and cracked her head. I said to the Mrs I was getting off, got out the car which was still stuck at the lights, and got an uber to the airport just in time to see the police turn up.

No idea, although I have been rewatching Narcos.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Had a dream the other day me and the Mrs were stuck in traffic at Speke boulevard and some woman came up standing on massive, 50ft wooden stilts and started shouting at me in Spanish, so I pushed her and she fell back and cracked her head. I said to the Mrs I was getting off, got out the car which was still stuck at the lights, and got an uber to the airport just in time to see the police turn up.

No idea, although I have been rewatching Narcos.

I had a dream last night where I was on a large boat,I think it was supposed to be a ferry but seemed like a ship. I was with mates,who I had little idea who they were. I thought I was in the Ascension or Reunion Islands too. I've never been further than Spain! I jumped off the boat as it was leaving then back on it before ending up walking round the harbour on a footpath watching fast military vessels scooting through the water followed by the boat/ship I was supposed to be on not knowing how I got there. The weather was grey but warm too. I remembered it quite clearly too.

I was also in a busy city which I thought was the Islands capital with one of my mates buying an IPTV sub and me not so sure about it from some fellas in a horse and cart. Absolutely bizarre stuff.

• Upvote 1

Had a weird one the other night about being on the LA Metro with my daughter.

We were going to see Micheal Myers's house which is next to an overground station. The station before is Eagle Rock and we heard gunfire. Mr White and Mr Orange from Reservoir Dogs got on and sat down opposite us. Mr Orange was still bleeding but just sitting there casually. Mr White just walked up and down the carriage smoking and telling everyone to mind their own business. Both of them just get off at he same stop as us then walk into Starbucks. 

The road next to the Eagle Rock metro stop is where Mr Orange gets shot in the stomach in the film. They obviously didn't shoot a woman and rob her car. 

I have two recurring dreams, had them for years.

The first is where I can sit on the carpet of the house I grew up in, on my arse, legs stretched out, my arms pointing straight down with the palms of my hands barely touching the warm fuzzy wool of the carpet.

If I concentrate really hard I can levitate to around a foot from the floor and then slowly move around like a hovercraft, both inside and then outside. It's a beautiful sunny day and I'm happy.

The second recurring dream is altogether more frustrating and unsettling.

It concerns me standing on the bend of Sydenham Road, just down from The Greensides pub, staring over the road to what I feel is my "dream house".(In reality it's a house which isn't there and just doesn't exist but this is a dream, so the rules go out the window)

Anyway, I cross the road to walk into the small curved driveway, the porch and doorway are made from a reddish wood, and I enter the home to be greeted by a butler (who looks a lot like the barman from The Shining), he greets me and takes my coat, welcoming me as the new owner of the property. The butler promptly vanishes.

The lobby is concealed and not well lit so I continue into the property, walking straight ahead and come to a swanky modern kitchen with a small swish bathroom and dressing room off to the left.

Continuing on through the next door and the house opens up into the main living area; a jaw dropping open plan room with another large modern kitchen space to the left, a sunken fire pit in the middle, and a huge expensive curved sofa to the right. On the sofa are a load of my friends (none of whom I recognise), they're all watching sport on a massive wall hung, wide screen telly, drinking beer and eating crisps, having fun.

The opposite wall though is a mammoth floor to ceiling sliding glass door(s), leading directly out onto a warm sandy windswept beach. I feel like this beach is east coast USA, the ocean is 70 meters further back but the sound is soothing and the whole scene refreshing and wholesome. I open the doors and walk down onto the beach, the sand is warm, there are some children playing and some families there, I walk mostly unnoticed before heading back inside.

I slide the huge glass door closed behind me and drown out the sound of the ocean and the laughs of the children, my friends greet me but one of them spills a beer on the sofa. This mildly irritates me but I say nothing and venture further into the home, walking in a clockwise direction.

I start to feel that time is against me and I come across 4 bedrooms, in varying stages of disrepair and neglect. One is a smallish grey room, dimly lit with a cheap wooden chair, there's cobwebs and dust.

Moving onward, I walk through a door and I'm back at the entrance hall. My coat is there, and a hat, I pick them up and leave, staring over my shoulder at the (now) familiar leafy shrubbery, small curved gravelly drive and red wood front facade. I feel frustrated, possibly unhappy, it's my home but I feel out of place somehow, and yet there's always this yearning to return there.

Most perplexing.

I too have a number of recurring dreams.

One is where I'm standing behind the counter of a bar I once worked in as a teen. As I watch out the windows of the bar a massive wave comes crashing in from a distance, shattering the windows and wiping us all out. Then I wake. That's the most frequent one.

Another is freaky when it happens. I'm outside of my childhood house and I'm on a phone call to my Mother and 2 Aunts. They tell me to quickly close the front door. As I go to close it I get pulled inside by this invisible force and swung violently through the house and out the back door. Then I wake up with a roar. My wife loves that one.

Lastly I've this recurring dream that I'm falling from a high building, not always the same building, but then just as I'm about to plunge into the ground, a blanket of air envelopes me and I land with a soft touch.

The brain really is a mad object.

• Upvote 1

I had a dream recently that started with me resurrecting a demon, who was going to destroy the world, who was ultimately beheaded by Conan the Barbarian, and ended with Sylvester Stallone and Hulk Hogan on the set of Rocky 4 (I know they are from Rocky 3) eating ice cream and Hulk Hogan getting blow jobs off one of the girls on set.

I had about 4/5 mental dreams that were all intertwined last night. The dog kept waking me up so I'd fall back into the same dream but the scenario had moved. It was all me trying to get to Portsmouth from London with no money, being on Regents Park then getting kicked off the train in Croydon and eventually ending up trying to get into Reading festival via a crocodile infested lake. Comedown from the weekend, drank more than I've drank in a good few years there. I expect tonight might be a tough one too. My body and mind can't take it anymore. 

In my DJ'ing days after I'd set up on my own ,  for a while leading up to New Year's eve I had this recurring dream that in the lead up to Midnight it was always about 3 or 4 minutes too that I couldn't find the CD for Auld Lang syne .

I must have had it at least a dozen times and I'm not the one to have recurring dreams , The first thing I did on the Actual Night was to put the CD safe so I could get hold of it at a moments notice .

• Upvote 1

I had a dream where me and my mate were fighting in the British Army in south Africa. We were wearing those red uniforms. Honestly it was an epic. It went on for three hours. We ended up being part of a firing squad and were asked to kill this local chief, who had actually helped us.

Honestly it was so good that credits scrolled up at the end! I shit you not. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

As Freud would say looking at these dreams it is all a manifestation of you wanting to kill your father to shag your mum.

I had a dream where I killed my mum and bummed my dad, while flicking the Vs at Sigmund Freud.

• Haha 1

I remember once having a dream where I was sat in a pub on my own, flicking through a newspaper and feeling bored because there was nothing worth reading.

I woke up really angry at my brain: my sleeping mind could have gone anywhere and done anything... and it chose that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1