You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bright Eyes: Cassadaga

Karl_b

But what do you do with the sticker then? Cool, but frustrating.

Haven't listened to it enough, as I got Soviet Kitsch by Regina Spektor at the same time, which has blown me away. Ace album.

Anyway, Cassadaga, yeah, somewhere inbetween Lifted and Wide Awake. Which is nice. His vocals are a lot more mature on it I reckon.

But what do you do with the sticker then? Cool, but frustrating.

Haven't listened to it enough, as I got Soviet Kitsch by Regina Spektor at the same time, which has blown me away. Ace album.

Anyway, Cassadaga, yeah, somewhere inbetween Lifted and Wide Awake. Which is nice. His vocals are a lot more mature on it I reckon.

Has it got Fidelity on it?

Might check out the Spektor album. Have you heard the Kubichek! album? Supposed to be very good.

Nope. What do they do?

Has it got Fidelity on it?

No, that's on the newer one I think, which is a deffo purchase very soon.

'I liked them before anyone had heard of them'.

Is that supposed to be a good thing? I mean, seriously, how can anyone like a band called Bright Eyes? It's about as fey as it's possible to get. And by fey I obviously mean gay. I haven't hated a band without listening to their music this much since I first heard the "word" Razorlight mentioned.

Paul, Bright Eyes are incredible, they really are.

The 'I liked them before anyone had heard of them' was refering to myself and Owen having seen the Pigeon Detectives a while back and the hype now surrounding them. We were merely getting out kudos statements out to impress people with.

Is that supposed to be a good thing? I mean, seriously, how can anyone like a band called Bright Eyes? It's about as fey as it's possible to get. And by fey I obviously mean gay. I haven't hated a band without listening to their music this much since I first heard the "word" Razorlight mentioned.

You didn't read the thread, Paulie.

Bright Eyes are a bit fey. It's low-fi, rambly county stuff. Sometimes very personal, sometimes very political. The appeal is in the creativity, the emotion in the music and singing, and the clever lyrics.

Check out a couple of songs on youtube or something.

Oh, and he named himself Bright Eyes when he first got signed at 13 or 14 years old, so can be forgive I reckon.

Paul, Bright Eyes are incredible, they really are.

The 'I liked them before anyone had heard of them' was refering to myself and Owen having seen the Pigeon Detectives a while back and the hype now surrounding them. We were merely getting out kudos statements out to impress people with.

Ah, but you forget, as had I, that I saw them two years ago at Escobar in Wakey with iForward Russia!. So nyah.

You didn't read the thread, Paulie.

Bright Eyes are a bit fey. It's low-fi, rambly county stuff. Sometimes very personal, sometimes very political. The appeal is in the creativity, the emotion in the music and singing, and the clever lyrics.

Check out a couple of songs on youtube or something.

Oh, and he named himself Bright Eyes when he first got signed at 13 or 14 years old, so can be forgive I reckon.

Ah, but you forget, as had I, that I saw them two years ago at Escobar in Wakey with iForward Russia!. So nyah.

I don't want to listen to the music; I just want to hate them because of the shit name.

I don't want to listen to the music; I just want to hate them because of the shit name.

Fair enough then. Can't argue with that!

Does it make it worse if I tell you "Bright Eyes" is really just one bloke. The rest of the people who play on the records are very transient.

Fair enough then. Can't argue with that!

Does it make it worse if I tell you "Bright Eyes" is really just one bloke. The rest of the people who play on the records are very transient.

Already known; already factored into the hatred. I've also seen his ridiculous ponce hair, too.