You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool bands

alexjames

OK:

The Christians

Space

Cast

The La's

Frankie Goes Hollywood

The Beatles

Gerry & the Pacemakers

The Lightning Seeds

Echo & The Bunnymen

The Farm

The Boo Radley's

The Icicle Works

Julian Cope

The Mighty Wah!

Half Man Half Biscuit

Teardrop Explodes

The Coral

The Basement

The Zutons

The Open

It’s Immaterial

The Bandits

Michael Head

Shack

The Pale Fountains

The Yachts

Ian McNabb

China Crisis

The Real People

Rain

Apollo 440

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

Thousand yard stare

Smaller

Gomez

The Dead 60's'

Dead or Alive

Clinic

I'm also glad to see that liverpool fans (and I'm one of them) are not only football fanatics, but are also interested in good music. Cheers to you all!

Didn't know OMD were Liverpudlians. They came to Ottawa, Canada when I lived there and I rode in the elevator with them. They were doing a radio interview and I was picking up a record I won.

"It worries me this kind of thing. How you hope to live alone and occupy your waking hours...."

Confessions of an OMD groupie-

I once gave Malc Holmes' girlfriend Julia a sanitary towel when she was caught short in the Royal Court.

Ace gig. The immortal Howard Jones as support and China Crisis pissed in the bar.

In summary - Teardrop were better than Echo and if anyone's old enough to not do as much dope anymore and therefore has Sat/Sun morning's free check out Jules' guide to stone circles for ideas for summat to do.

Guest Gazmo25
Cannot believe I forgot them.....OOBERMAN!

Class band, exactly what pop music should be.

Any curious downloaders should look at these for a start:

Roll me in cotton

Shorley Wall

Million suns

Couldn't agree more about Ooberman, Shorley Wall still sends a shiver down my spine whenever I hear it, reminds me of a ex love. Amsterdam are worth a shout, if only for Does This Train Stop On Merseyside, fantastic song.

And we all forgot the great Mr Elvis Costello - a true Red.

Cracking article in The Times about last Wednesday :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1633256,00.html

cheeky fuckers asking for their money back !!

Indeed, a cracking article. Now, where does our good friend Elvis hide his sausage......YES! In the loins of Canadian artist Diana Krall.

Cannot believe I forgot them.....OOBERMAN!

Class band, exactly what pop music should be.

Any curious downloaders should look at these for a start:

Roll me in cotton

Shorley Wall

Million suns

Another Oob fan! Great band, shame they went their separate ways. Great songs but my fave is probably Golden Fall (B side to Shorley Wall)

Guest Kaelin

The Pies. cant say how good they are tho, last song i heard was in 96 and i was wasted lmao but there from somewhere in liverpool

Guest MMMMMM

Pele - renamed Amsterdam these days?

Not heard any recent stuff but this thread got me digging out 'Fireworks' - still a good listen.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
It's been a while, so are there any new bands worth checking out?

How do you like the Wombats, by the way?

I quite like 'The Maybes?'

Recently been signed by a major and are currently doing their debut alb. We used to play ocassional show with them in Liverpool/Manchester about 5 years ago, so it's nice to see they're doing well for themselves.

Recently been signed by a major and are currently doing their debut alb. We used to play ocassional show with them in Liverpool/Manchester about 5 years ago, so it's nice to see they're doing well for themselves.

You bastard!!! I was just about 2 say The Maybes, they've got a couple of good tunes.

I just checked them out on myspace. Great tunes! Thanx!