You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's good enough for next season?

Paul

Who's good enough for the first eleven?  

1,215 members have voted

1. 1. Who's good enough for the first eleven?

Come on Monty, lad - twenty quid on 75% of games. I'm pretty sure he's already done it this season (when fit to play). His "mistake a game" days are long gone; that fuck up against Burnley has clouded a few people's judgement (and anyway, it was born out over-confidence than anything else, and I reckon he's learnt his lesson).

Rafa will have him in because he keeps improving, he's fast, he can run for 90 minutes and he follows team instructions. He's also a great tackler and his passing is much improved. In fact, fuck it; I'm starting a new clique right now: The "Djimi Will Be Respected" Clique. Who's with me?

Unlikely it will happen but i'm not confident enough to bet on it.

And i see you're not confident enough to put Paul Jn on the line for it...small doubts there i think.

I respect DJimi. I doubt his ability but I still repect him.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwegian fella Salte didn't vote for Carra, but he's sound because he taught me to how to post an image. And he's a seal clubber at heart.

Oops. He should've been there off course.

Blame it on Paul though, why did he stick Carra way down the list between the injured and the the youngsters? I'd gotten to eleven players i wanted to keep long before i got to him, and was so eager to see the results i didnt bother checking the ones making up the numbers.

I think Paul didnt want people to vote for Carra, seeing through his original post again i could read it between the lines.

20 english pounds of Drew's money backs Paul's prediction.

So that's you, me and Skeet in the DWBR Clique. Nice one. Come on everyone else - don't fight it; feel it: you know Djimi T is a defensive rock and Rafa's going to have him in there next season. Get on board the Djimi wagon.*

*NB, the DWBR Clique is fully compatable with EVC membership.

Hermes, a couple of interesting selections from you there: Josemi but not Finnan, and Vladi but not Garcia. It's also good to see Carra in your selection; you've obviously stopped trying to be controversial. And Cisse too - or am I mistaken in thinking you'd previously said you didn't think he'd cut it here (I can't remember whether it was you or not)? Also, no Morientes - interesting.

My bet is with Paul, I didn't challenge anyone, I was challenged to put £20 on it so I took the challenge... now you want to bet me too? This is silly....

Ooh, Rash's confidence begins to crumble.

Ooh, Rash's confidence begins to crumble.

Not at all I am not an online betting fucking shop. Everyone including you has one bet and I get to have 100's? Sounds good.

I have betted with you about Traore and him playing 75% of the games next season, if you like we can up it to £50.

interesting bet this, its a double edged sword for Rash, if Stevie stays (unlikely i know) then Troare will defo be a major part of the team next season but if he goes that will give Rafa the money to buy someone like Viciente which would mean JAR going back to LB and hence Rasher would win his bet.

As its for a great charity who really cares

interesting bet this, its a double edged sword for Rash, if Stevie stays (unlikely i know) then Troare will defo be a major part of the team next season but if he goes that will give Rafa the money to buy someone like Viciente which would mean JAR going back to LB and hence Rasher would win his bet.

As its for a great charity who really cares

Kewell is a Rafa favourite as is Garcia, both are class and both will ensure that Riise plays LB next season as we will buy a new right back.

We will also buy a new centre back who will play as will Carra. Finnan will be on the right.......

Which will mean Traore will play about 10-20% of games maximum.

Not at all I am not an online betting fucking shop. Everyone including you has one bet and I get to have 100's? Sounds good.

I have betted with you about Traore and him playing 75% of the games next season, if you like we can up it to £50.

Easy tiger; only joshing.

Traore is a better LB than Riise.His positioning is better,his tackling is far better and his covering across is quicker.His barmy moments are becoming less frequent and until his injury he was looking good enough to hold down the position long term.

I think Riise will be a regular at LM unless Kewell can get his act together very quickly next season or unless we sell Gerrard and buy a new top class LM.

Traore is a better LB than Riise.His positioning is better,his tackling is far better and his covering across is quicker.His barmy moments are becoming less frequent and until his injury he was looking good enough to hold down the position long term.

I think Riise will be a regular at LM unless Kewell can get his act together very quickly next season or unless we sell Gerrard and buy a new top class LM.

Riise may not be permanent left back or left midfielder - he isn't good enough in either. Garcia or Kewell will fight it out there as we will get a new right midfielder. (I hope). Riise will be an excellent cover for both positions though and I can see Rafa trying to imrpove him defensively as he likes him.

Riise may not be permanent left back or left midfielder - he isn't good enough in either. Garcia or Kewell will fight it out there as we will get a new right midfielder. (I hope). Riise will be an excellent cover for both positions though and I can see Rafa trying to imrpove him defensively as he likes him.

In the space of 45 mins you went from saying that Finnan will play on the right wing next season, to saying we will hopefully buy one. Where's the logic in that one?

I can't see Finnan playing on the right at all - he only played there earlier this season as a stop-gap solution. He's made the right back slot his own and should be a fixture there as far as i'm concerned.

And as i've said quite a few times I think Riise will end up at left back too - he may not be ready for it yet but will turn into an excellent one I think.

In the space of 45 mins you went from saying that Finnan will play on the right wing next season, to saying we will hopefully buy one. Where's the logic in that one?

I can't see Finnan playing on the right at all - he only played there earlier this season as a stop-gap solution. He's made the right back slot his own and should be a fixture there as far as i'm concerned.

And as i've said quite a few times I think Riise will end up at left back too - he may not be ready for it yet but will turn into an excellent one I think.

If I said Right wing, I meant to say Right back.

Guest Moschops
Kewell is a Rafa favourite as is Garcia, both are class and both will ensure that Riise plays LB next season as we will buy a new right back.

We will also buy a new centre back who will play as will Carra. Finnan will be on the right.......

Which will mean Traore will play about 10-20% of games maximum.

"Kewell is a Rafa favourite."

"Riise plays LB next season."

"We will buy a new right back."

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Honestly, if I cared about your health, I'd worry about you being able to cross the road.

Hermes, a couple of interesting selections from you there: Josemi but not Finnan, and Vladi but not Garcia. It's also good to see Carra in your selection; you've obviously stopped trying to be controversial. And Cisse too - or am I mistaken in thinking you'd previously said you didn't think he'd cut it here (I can't remember whether it was you or not)? Also, no Morientes - interesting.

Are you commenting or expecting a reply?

I'd be interested to hear more about it. Not a fan of Garcia, Morientes and Finnan then?

Garcia and Finnan epitomise why we are so far behind the best teams. Physically weak and no heart. Please don't tell me Garcia played through pain on Sunday, he was in so much pain he's expecting to play for Spain this weekend.

Morientes would not be in my first 11. Baros is more dangerous and Cisse (if he fully recovers) will score more goals. Morientes has not impressed me. Apart from his two goals he hasn't been a threat in any game I've seen.

Garcia and Finnan epitomise why we are so far behind the best teams. Physically weak and no heart. Please don't tell me Garcia played through pain on Sunday, he was in so much pain he's expecting to play for Spain this weekend.

Morientes would not be in my first 11. Baros is more dangerous and Cisse (if he fully recovers) will score more goals. Morientes has not impressed me. Apart from his two goals he hasn't been a threat in any game I've seen.

Garcia scored on Saturday and Morro got an assist last Saturday, an assist in the Carling Final, scored 2 goals in 6 games. New country etc what more do you want?

Garcia has scored more goals and has more assists than any of our midfielders did last season....

Finnan has been an excellent left back, name me a game where he has been skinned? Not even Robben or Duff could do it...