You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Truss, Hancock, Johnson, Patel, Raab and the rest are a great example of how imbeciles often overachieve through sheer lack of self awareness.

People who're genuinely smart, creative or otherwise intelligent are often crippled with self doubt, fear of failure and lack of self esteem. Not these though. Where there's no sense there's no feeling.

The patients are most definitely running the asylum. And it’s the patients armed with shiva and tattoos that are closest to the entrance.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

People who're genuinely smart, creative or otherwise intelligent are often crippled with self doubt, fear of failure and lack of self esteem. Not these though. Where there's no sense there's no feeling.

Say what you like but this what a private education does for many people, gives them a work ethic and masses of self confidence. I've seen it many times, fuckwits but with the ability to front it out.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

This by the Guardians George Monibot is imo probably the greatest 9 minutes of political analysis you are ever likely to see/hear. 

It's absolutely superb.

If the best the powerful, super rich, Neo Liberal Conspiracy can come up with is Liz  Truss then as a movement they are as fucked as the rest of us. Her actions and the markets total rejection of her policies illustrate than even the wealthy can reject the very very extreme. In a bizarre twist the very instrument of open capitalism may have saved us. What may ultimately save us and destroy them is by taking away our ability to be active in a consumer driven economy we deprive them of the very source of their wealth.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

This by the Guardians George Monibot is imo probably the greatest 9 minutes of political analysis you are ever likely to see/hear. 

It's absolutely superb.

In a similar vein. Another excellent piece on the publics perception of government debt pushed by Laura and her mates in the media.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/05/debt-bad-work-good-pub-bore-beliefs-that-seal-a-miserable-fate-for-the-poorest

12 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

If the best the powerful, super rich, Neo Liberal Conspiracy can come up with is Liz  Truss then as a movement they are as fucked as the rest of us. Her actions and the markets total rejection of her policies illustrate than even the wealthy can reject the very very extreme. In a bizarre twist the very instrument of open capitalism may have saved us. What may ultimately save us and destroy them is by taking away our ability to be active in a consumer driven economy we deprive them of the very source of their wealth.

The problem is in time they'll find another mouthpiece who's far more competent than Liz the lettuce.

I agree on the last part of your post. You make a good point.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Say what you like but this what a private education does for many people, gives them a work ethic and masses of self confidence. I've seen it many times, fuckwits but with the ability to front it out.

According to Dominic Cummings. Boris Johnson, David Cameron and rest of the private schoolboy Bullington crew were the laziest bunch of fuckers he's ever encountered, and he's cut from the same cloth.

Although I'm sure their expensive education qualifies them to hand out a few life lessons on improving the 'work ethic' of some comprehensive kid who leaves school to work ten hours a day on a building site.

Edit; Truss and co rose to the top and were continually promoted partly because they were deemed to stupid to be a threat to those who promoted them. It was a strategy of self preservation by those pulling the strings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Another handicap a lot of  comprehensive school kids have is more social issues, issues which are out of their control. Bad housing being a major one, it causes major problems within the family. It then makes the kids lose focus and dents motivation, holds them back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

boris johnson?work ethic?

personally I think they are taught how to rule despite how fucking totally inept they are.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

personally I think they are taught how to rule despite how fucking totally inept they are.

These people are taught how to control objects  and situations but not how to lead people. As Muhammad Ali said, any use of power that isn’t about caring is an abuse of power. 

8 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Political progress has always been about who you know and secret handshakes.

Yeah a good example being Matt Hancock. George Osbornes tea boy. Apparently did badly against the other candidates when surprisingly winning the nomination for his constituency. Then promoted well beyond his abilities because Cummings and Johnson knew they could push him around, get rid of him at will and he'd pose no threat. Apparently every member of Johnsons first cabinet had to look into his eyes and repeat his line 'I trust you Boris' in front of a room full of advisers. Like some public schoolboy ritual showing obedience. I recall one lady (can't remember her name or job) protested and Cummings ordered armed police to show her out the doors of number 10.

38 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

In fairness the Johnson, Cameron and that Bullington club mob didn't really need to try very hard, their path was mapped. Below them are a lot of middle class parents with pointy elbows who put their children into private schools and push hard them hard to achieve the results which will push them up the fuckwit greasy poll of social standing.

47 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Political progress has always been about who you know and secret handshakes.

Just to pick on this and I'm not denying your point which is correct. The handshake thing is often misunderstood. If several candidates for a post are interviewed and one is a member of your golf club, football team, yoga group you are more likely to give it to them. The is exacerbated in the Masons because membership implies honesty, integrity  and a shared belief system. It is not some secret cabal designed to take over the world. This may be different in the elite echelons but there are just as many plebs here as everywhere who attend because the drink is cheap and there are no women.