You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Halsey: Referee standards have dropped to alarming levels  

TLW

7 minutes ago, Em City said:

It's worth remembering he went on to ref the World Cup final six months after this and embarrassed himself by giving a yellow card for this.

images (1).jpeg

and i heard one of the ex-refs talking about this recently - maybe gallagher and can you believe he blamed the players! 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

and i heard one of the ex-refs talking about this recently - maybe gallagher and can you believe he blamed the players! 

I know that is a rhetorical question, but yes, I can absolutely believe it. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

we were talking about that at the game on Monday. They're letting players away with dangerous challenges where they're not even playing the ball, no booking, then someone gets pissed off with their shitness and it's an instant yellow. 

This is the kind of shit that happens when you focus on completely the wrong things and your 'leadership' is a farce. The problem here is them wanting a piece of the publicity and not wanting the true stars,the players,to get all that attention. It's what happens when you turn your sport into 'Hollywood in a sports setting' and people forget their roles. Refs are supposed to be heard but rarely seen. This is not how it currently is and it goes right back to training. It's shite.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is the kind of shit that happens when you focus on completely the wrong things and your 'leadership' is a farce. The problem here is them wanting a piece of the publicity and not wanting the true stars,the players,to get all that attention. It's what happens when you turn your sport into 'Hollywood in a sports setting' and people forget their roles. Refs are supposed to be heard but rarely seen. This is not how it currently is and it goes right back to training. It's shite.

I doubt its because they want to be centre of attention. Most likely a weird power thing or they're insecure micro penis men who need to feel respected.

14 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Graham Potter or whomever the ref actually was just epitomised why PL refs don't deserve any respect. He ignores every act of GBH by Arsenal pretty much the whole match - thus causing huge frustration - and ignores blatant key fouls such as on Gomez in our area - ditto - then, when players are tired and driven crazy by his insane behaviour, he started booking pretty much anyone who doesn't try to kiss him for his decisions. It's no good the PGMOL searching for an incident to 'prove' the world will implode unless all refs are given a cake after the games - these people are shockingly awful, and do not deserve great respect. 

This from the Arsenal match thread is absolutely spot on. 

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

This from the Arsenal match thread is absolutely spot on. 

What summed up the refereeing for me was odergard constantly throwing tantrums when decisions didn't go his way. He did it 3 or 4 times in the game, no issue. Then Elliot does it and he's instantly booked. It's all a fucking joke. The ref was very poor yesterday, gave a few bad ones each way I thought. 

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What summed up the refereeing for me was odergard constantly throwing tantrums when decisions didn't go his way. He did it 3 or 4 times in the game, no issue. Then Elliot does it and he's instantly booked. It's all a fucking joke. The ref was very poor yesterday, gave a few bad ones each way I thought. 

Odergaard went mad at the linesman, thats the key to it, that one incident shows its not about respect, its about show. Not hard to imagine the lino in the ear piece asking the ref to book him and that cunt coming back to say the campaign is respect the ref, when you get to be in the middle like me you can book players.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Odergaard went mad at the linesman, thats the key to it, that one incident shows its not about respect, its about show. Not hard to imagine the lino in the ear piece asking the ref to book him and that cunt coming back to say the campaign is respect the ref, when you get to be in the middle like me you can book players.

I thought he did it 3 or 4 times, not just the one incident. Massive tantrums when he didn't get free kicks for just falling to the floor because someone was nearby. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Thought that myself, think it started when he didn't get a corner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought he did it 3 or 4 times, not just the one incident. Massive tantrums when he didn't get free kicks for just falling to the floor because someone was nearby. 

He certainly did, Elliott threw his hand up once, Ødegaard was like a helicopter about to take off several times. 

Someone should make a gif or a video about it to show the difference.

• Upvote 1

Perfect example this, Odegaard jumping around waving and screaming for about 10 seconds, nothing given, and Elliott waves the arm once, for about one second and gets the yellow. Odegaard like said above did this many times during the game, and if the same rules apllied to him as Elliott the former should have had three or four yellows.

Every single match is a showcase of total inconsistency and wrong decisions. Incompetence alone seem like an unlikely explenation. What kind of bias or whatever it is causing this, I dont know but it doesnt smell good and it’s come to a stage where it is ruining the game.

1 hour ago, aws said:

I expect he got a yellow because he waved his arm directly at the ref whereas the Arse players were gesticulating everywhere except directly at him. 

In one of the incidents with Odegaard he first jumps up and down in frustration, then waves and gesticulates towards the linesman, and then finally turns to wave and shout at the ref.

That’s one out of three or four incidents involving Odegaard, he was acting like Bruno Fernandez’ scandi twin brother out there.

15 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

In one of the incidents with Odegaard he first jumps up and down in frustration, then waves and gesticulates towards the linesman, and then finally turns to wave and shout at the ref.

That’s one out of three or four incidents involving Odegaard, he was acting like Bruno Fernandez’ scandi twin brother out there.

Racist!*

*According to Code.

16 hours ago, aws said:

I expect he got a yellow because he waved his arm directly at the ref whereas the Arse players were gesticulating everywhere except directly at him. 

The first clip on the video above, George (sp) tells the ref to fuck off and also throws the ball away. The ref obviously saw it because he then had a nice chat with him . It's absolute bollocks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I brought this over from the Fulham thread originally posted by @Lee909. Fucking astonishing stuff. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Guess what baldy twat is in charge for the Fulham game

Simon Hooper, had his rest after fucking us over at Spurs and back for the big game

What an illustration of awful leadership this is from Howard Webb. Like refereeing a semi isn't hard enough. Like Hoopers next match refereeing Liverpool after that match wasn't going to be tough enough. I know, let's make it in as big a high profile match as we can and stick those two moments together. He could only have made it worse if he was appointed for a final or a game with City. 

So if Hooper fucks up in our favour, he'll be accused of evening things up from the spurs game. If he fucks up in their favour, he'll be accused of cheating. It's easy to forget due to the Diaz goal over shadowing everything just how bad hooper's performances was that day. The VAR aspect was just the icing on the cake, it was the single worst refereeing performance I've ever seen without that incident.

This is just Howard Webb ego showing there's absolutely nothing he won't do. What an absolute cunt. If I was Simon Hooper, I'd tell him to fuck off. 

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I brought this over from the Fulham thread originally posted by @Lee909. Fucking astonishing stuff. 

What an illustration of awful leadership this is from Howard Webb. Like refereeing a semi isn't hard enough. Like Hoopers next match refereeing Liverpool after that match wasn't going to be tough enough. I know, let's make it in as big a high profile match as we can and stick those two moments together. He could only have made it worse if he was appointed for a final or a game with City. 

So if Hooper fucks up in our favour, he'll be accused of evening things up from the spurs game. If he fucks up in their favour, he'll be accused of cheating. It's easy to forget due to the Diaz goal over shadowing everything just how bad hooper's performances was that day. The VAR aspect was just the icing on the cake, it was the single worst refereeing performance I've ever seen without that incident.

This is just Howard Webb ego showing there's absolutely nothing he won't do. What an absolute cunt. If I was Simon Hooper, I'd tell him to fuck off. 

If I was Simon Hooper I’d backheel myself in the bollocks until I passed out.

• Haha 2

I thought Webb said Hooper wouldn't be involved in any of our games for the rest of this season or was that the VAR bod who fucked up?  Either way, what a shit show it all is. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Spot on Barry. Exactly the same as the little jolly boys outings to the UAE. Even if it isn't directly or indirectly influencing their decisions - the idea that these little 5-star corporate trips might come to an end if you go against the interests of those paying for them - then it certainly encourages those kinds of arguments to come about and puts PGMOL in a position where they can't really counter it apart from a throwaway "hahaha, of course we're not corrupt, what a tinfoil hat suggestion."

But the cunt is arrogant enough for that to be enough. If him and his mates want to go on their little midweek breaks then they will, and nothing about what it looks like nor what anyone will say will stop that.

• Upvote 1