You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Does government need to do that? Looks more to me that you think they should.

Politicians interfere enough in the justice system already. The only thing they need to be doing is providing enough funds to clear the backlog of cases that their incompetence has created.

Usually when politicians interfere in the justice system, it's basically to chase approval from the tabloid headline writers. I prefer to leave sentencing to cooler heads, like, y'know, the judiciary.

Our wee girl hasn’t been weighed or even looked at beyond asking us a few questions and off they fuck the last two home visits.  Unless their was bruises on her face, they’d have spotted fuck all.  (Granted she’s a smiley happy child until it comes to trying to get her to sleep) It’s left me hugely shocked at just how slack that really is,  Those home visits in the first year could well be the only outsider some people let near their child.

They’ve no doubt not got the time to do every visit properly so they’re half arsing everyone.  It really doesn’t surprise me kids can fall through the cracks.

48 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Personally I'd say the bulk of the blame lies with the evil cunts who carry out this and not a service which has been cut to the bone.

You can't blame cuts to social services when there were 5 referrals to them over this child and they did fuck all. 

Just now, Leyton388 said:

You can't blame cuts to social services when there were 5 referrals to them over this child and they did fuck all. 

Personally I'd say when the intervention service has been cut by 50%t that may have an impact on them but I dont work for social services so what do i I know. 

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Were there? Or is that just what it said in the papers? 

This is what the child's grandfather said outside of court today. 

He said of the response of social services: "It's what they didn't do. It's disgusting because there were five referrals. Not one of them did anything."

Asked whether social services had missed the "blindingly obvious", Mr Fawcett said: "Yes."

15 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

He said of the response of social services: "It's what they didn't do. It's disgusting because there were five referrals. Not one of them did anything."

Asked whether social services had missed the "blindingly obvious", Mr Fawcett said: "Yes."

Do you honestly think social services see a situation where a child is in danger of her life, and deliberately do nothing?

Once again I dont know the ins and out of this case,but we seem to be getting 1 side of the story.

There was a piece by paul routledge in the mirror the other day about the services that have been cut over the last 10 years.

You only need to look at the police as a similar example. If you cut by 50% there simply has to have an impact.

The problem is social services cant come out and say this as it looks like using it as an excuse. 

14 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

If a Grandparent could see the problem then what the fuck did they do about it? If my grandchild was in danger they would come and live with me and no fucker in the world would stop me looking after them.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If a Grandparent could see the problem then what the fuck did they do about it? If my grandchild was in danger they would come and live with me and no fucker in the world would stop me looking after them.

I've gotta be honest and say I was thinking that myself.

Why didnt he stop it if he saw what was happening?

28 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I've gotta be honest and say I was thinking that myself.

Why didnt he stop it if he saw what was happening?

Legally it’s very hard to take away somebody’s kid if the parents don’t agree and the state are not involved. I’m guessing it would constitute kidnap if he had acted unilaterally. That said, I doubt the parents would have stopped him. Poor guy will live with the guilt until his dying day. 

Over here on the isle of man , some 85 yr old pedophile has been  back in court and convicted of 5 counts of child abuse while the kids were in a care home. 

He was in court 1992 and given 3 years for 12 sexual assaults . 3 fucking years for ruining 12 lives , and this  I think is the tip of the iceberg. It took years for the victims just to get this latest case  to court . 

Poor kids taken away from their parents and subjected to this pure fucking evil , absolutely sickening.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Poor kids taken away from their parents and subjected to this pure fucking evil , absolutely sickening.

Something those pushing for more children to be taken off their parents need to bear in mind, often it's out of the frying pan and into the fire.

59 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Legally it’s very hard to take away somebody’s kid if the parents don’t agree and the state are not involved. I’m guessing it would constitute kidnap if he had acted unilaterally. That said, I doubt the parents would have stopped him. Poor guy will live with the guilt until his dying day. 

I think it was stronts who said earlier on in the thread,in cases like this ,people just look for someone to blame.

Maybe because it's almost beyond comprehension how anyone could do that a defenceless child?For some reason when you see their picture on the news, it almost makes it worse.

Fuck knows how the people who have to deal with this type of stuff on a day to day basis cope.

They were making videos of Star falling out of her chair or down the stairs and laughing, and sending them to their friends. WTF??

I know authorities have a lot to answer for (looks like it has been a partnership between the council, clinical commission and the police for a few years) but what the fuck were the friends doing letting this happen?

Shocking.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

They were making videos of Star falling out of her chair or down the stairs and laughing, and sending to their friends. WTF??

I know authorities have a lot to answer for (looks like it has been a partnership between the council, clinical commission and the police for a few years) but what the fuck were the friends doing letting this happen?

Shocking.

25 years minimum. I think they will try to increase that on appeal as the last one got 29 and they are appealing that. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I think it was stronts who said earlier on in the thread,in cases like this ,people just look for someone to blame.

Maybe because it's almost beyond comprehension how anyone could do that a defenceless child?For some reason when you see their picture on the news, it almost makes it worse.

Fuck knows how the people who have to deal with this type of stuff on a day to day basis cope.

It’s the same mentality as some Holocaust deniers. Some people cannot comprehend that pure evil exists so either seek to deny it or blame the faceless people at social services, government etc. You could double or even treble social services spending and people would still kill little kids. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

On a lighter note, how has Katie price avoided prison today ? Rolled her car whilst drunk, coked up, 5 previous bans, no insurance, no tax and a history of similar driving offences. For anybody else that’s custodial. The courts are doing her no favours by letting her go, she’ll be dead within a year. 

Disgrace that. Anyone else and they're doing time. She'll probably get in her car, do a line, down a few miniature pink gins then drive home blasting Skrillex. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Disgrace that. Anyone else and they're doing time. She'll probably get in her car, do a line, down a few miniature pink gins then drive home blasting Skrillex. 

She’s travelled through an inverted arc in my head from definitely would through maybe to now most definitely wouldn’t. She’s a literal and metaphorical car crash. 

Just now, Captain Willard said:

She’s travelled through an inverted arc in my head from definitely would through maybe to now most definitely wouldn’t. She’s a literal and metaphorical car crash. 

I'd still be game for a night of filth with her I just wouldn't get in a car with her. Or stay over and risk getting filled in at breakfast time. Or give her my real name. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd still be game for a night of filth with her I just wouldn't get in a car with her. Or stay over and risk getting filled in at breakfast time. Or give her my real name. 

Nah, I’m done with mad women. You think you can handle the craziness in exchange for the above average sex but they’ve had a lifetime of it, you’re just a tourist visiting their asylum. No more “high spirited” women for me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Willard said:

Nah, I’m done with mad women. You think you can handle the craziness in exchange for the above average sex but they’ve had a lifetime of it, you’re just a tourist visiting their asylum. No more “high spirited” women for me. 

Nah you just leave them as spirits instead. 

• Upvote 1