You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nations Draft - Final League - Pick the Best 2 Sides

Bjornebye

Please pick the best 2 sides (in your opinion) from below.   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick the best 2 sides (in your opinion) from below. 

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Obviously a very very good player, but I don’t think he was ever quite as good as Torres or David Villa at their very best IMO.

The opposite for me. Torres and Villa were very very good, but neither was ever quite as good as Raul.

Raul was top class. Didn't have the pace of the other two, but he made up for that with his speed of thought and technique.

• Upvote 1

Interesting - I thought Torres certainly at his best, and Villa almost certainly, were both levels above Raul too - although neither had his longevity. Although Raul’s trophy cabinet is beyond compare.

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

The opposite for me. Torres and Villa were very very good, but neither was ever quite as good as Raul.

Raul was top class. Didn't have the pace of the other two, but he made up for that with his speed of thought and technique.

Agreed -- there was a five year period where Raul was a scoring machine. 

Torres, maybe you could argue for 18 months was at that level - not enough.

Villa, never.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If you were to pick out of the 3 at their absolute best then Torres is out in-front. He was unplayable for a good spell here. Just lost it all too quick. Thankfully. 

At their best, which is IMO what matters more in a draft comp like this one, for me the order would be as below:

1. Torres

2. Villa

3. Raúl

In terms of ‘legend status’, arguably you’d flip the table upside down.

48 minutes ago, aRdja said:

At their best, which is IMO what matters more in a draft comp like this one, for me the order would be as below:

1. Torres

2. Villa

3. Raúl

In terms of ‘legend status’, arguably you’d flip the table upside down.

I'd have Raul above Villa in that list.