You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hollywood sex pest (Harvey Weinstein)

Boss

21 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That’s definitely the big takeaway from this case.

I think it's a disgrace that actresses that were not prepared to do what he wanted them to do didn't get the roles. The legal system has taken care of the big takeaway, that he abused his position of power and abused women. 

If this whole disgusting issue brings justice and stops the casting couch then surely that is a much better world for actresses to ply their trade. I'd hate to think that my daughters would have to perform sexual acts in order to get acting jobs or promotions etc, it is my hope that this high profile case will help to put a stop to it. 

10 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

I think it's a disgrace that actresses that were not prepared to do what he wanted them to do didn't get the roles. The legal system has taken care of the big takeaway, that he abused his position of power and abused women. 

If this whole disgusting issue brings justice and stops the casting couch then surely that is a much better world for actresses to ply their trade. I'd hate to think that my daughters would have to perform sexual acts in order to get acting jobs, it is my hope that this high profile case will put a stop to it. 

No, Vlad’s entirely predictable takeaway is that many/most actresses aren’t talented in the first place, and therefore needed to rely on having sex to obtain roles due to their lack of ability. Its a typical cunty angle in which women are to some degree partially or entirely culpable for their abuse.

It took many, many years and about 80 women with varying degrees of fame to come forward, to even get this horrific cunt in to court. That should be an extremely sobering statistic for everybody, not least men, with regards to the difficulty of prosecuting sexual assault claims, rather than an opportunity to make the usual tedious snides about people’s talent or lack thereof.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

No, Vlad’s entirely predictable takeaway is that many/most actresses aren’t talented in the first place, and therefore needed to rely on having sex to obtain roles due to their lack of ability. Its a typical cunty angle in which women are to some degree partially or entirely culpable for their abuse.

It took many, many years and about 80 women with varying degrees of fame to come forward, to even get this horrific cunt in to court. That should be an extremely sobering statistic for everybody, not least men, with regards to the difficulty of prosecuting sexual assault claims, rather than an opportunity to make the usual tedious snides about people’s talent or lack thereof.

Ah right ok. 

I don't think we will be seeing less actresses, female roles are not going to suddenly decrease. So his comment didn't really bother me. However if this high profile case means actresses are given the role on acting ability then that's win win surely. 

It's crazy that it took so long for this cunt to be brought to justice. That many just accepted the whole casting couch thing for so long is a disgrace and the big takeaway for me is that this should help to reduce the instances of this happening. 

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

No,my answer was more that lots of talented actresses who maybe don't have the looks have been missing out because of looks being pretty much everything in Hollywood. This case is a good thing so as to propose that acting ability is high on that list and looks less so. There are plenty of not so great looking men who have had great careers so hopefully this can now apply to women too.

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No,my answer was more that lots of talented actresses who maybe don't have the looks have been missing out because of looks being pretty much everything in Hollywood. This case is a good thing so as to propose that acting ability is high on that list and looks less so. There are plenty of not so great looking men who have had great careers so hopefully this can now apply to women too.

Why would there be much fewer actresses in jobs, if the pretty talentless ones just get replaced by the lots of less pretty talented ones?

5 hours ago, Philtrum said:

Didn't expect him to be found guilty so a pleasant surprise. 

I said at the beginning of all of this, maybe this will now mean that more actresses will get jobs based on their ability to act. 

Really? I thought it was nailed on, with the number of accusers. Would have been quite a shock if he wasn't found guilty on any of the five counts.

16 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Really? I thought it was nailed on, with the number of accusers. Would have been quite a shock if he wasn't found guilty on any of the five counts.

Money and stuff, I always expect the rich to dodge justice. Plus I've not really been following this that closely since it first came out. 

20 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Only found guilty on two lesser charges mind. Not proven guilty on the more serious ones where he was facing life imprisonment. 

He has another trial, also, rape cases are notoriously difficult to prove. The point is, with so many accusers over so many years (which is why people think he is guilty), it would have been highly unlikely any jury would fail to believe all of the accusations.

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Why would there be much fewer actresses in jobs, if the pretty talentless ones just get replaced by the lots of less pretty talented ones?

The use of the word 'fewer' was probably wrong and tainted with sarcasm and aimed at the high volume of junk churned out by Hollywood that relies on the looks of the actors/actresses rather than their acting ability. Give me more of the likes of say Kathy Bates and a strong script rather than a pretty but much less talented actress where she is doing numerous sex scenes because of shite scripts and acting.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The use of the word 'fewer' was probably wrong and tainted with sarcasm and aimed at the high volume of junk churned out by Hollywood that relies on the looks of the actors/actresses rather than their acting ability. Give me more of the likes of say Kathy Bates and a strong script rather than a pretty but much less talented actress where she is doing numerous sex scenes because of shite scripts and acting.

Irony is that it was the sex pest Harvey who probably had the best ratio of "good scripts good acting" films in his output, among the top produceres.