You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marine A

Bjornebye

Fom the bits i have read they are saying he was,but as i said above even if he was it doesn't matter. He has still broken the Geneva convention so is guilty. From what i have read it seems he went through the battlefield after a firefight and either shot him after fidning him or if he was injured finished him off.

Could you imagine the outrage from that rag if they had found reports of it being the other way round

The Geneva convention is just a convenient excuse to either use or ignore when the mood takes the cunts in government. It doesnt even cross their minds when they start a conflict as its all about resources and nothing more.

I'd have no problem throwing this bloke under a bus if he'd killed an innocent, the bloke was far, far from it!

It's not the fucking point, is it. Murder is murder, irrespective of who the victim is. I may well be doing the world a favour if I offed Boris Johnson, but that wouldn't make it an acceptable act.

Plus, given the amount of innocents in Guantanamo, when added to the anecdotal evidence that locals were settling tribal and land disputes etc by falsely accusing people of being Taleban, there's a chance he might not have been Taleban at all.

Saying that, I haven't really read that much about what the deceased was doing before he was shot. The only thing that matters is that he was restrained and represented no threat to the soldiers. Then he was assassinated.

It's not the fucking point, is it. Murder is murder, irrespective of who the victim is. I may well be doing the world a favour if I offed Boris Johnson, but that wouldn't make it an acceptable act.

If Boris is running round in Afghanistan with an AK-47 killing British Soldiers, planting bombs and making the general populations life a misery I wouldn't call it murder if you wanted to take him out mate no!

None of you know what this bloke has been through out there, (neither do I, a story in the Daily Mail isn't going to give me all the facts) I can speak from experience though, that it's not pleasent having these cunts trying to pop you off every day.

The Taliban are cunts though, live by the sword...

If Boris is running round in Afghanistan with an AK-47 killing British Soldiers, planting bombs and making the general populations life a misery I wouldn't call it murder if you wanted to take him out mate no!

But he wasn't, was he. The guy was badly injured, he was no threat to anyone any more. That's the point.

The Taliban are not a legal or legitimate armed force, so trying to justify illegal behaviour by pointing out that they do it too is not going to cut the mustard.

He has to be imprisoned for it because he broke the Geneva convention, it was filmed and he knowingly admitted to it in the video, but i'm sure that stuff goes on a lot more than people think.

If you've got civilian women running towards you strapped with explosives, you see your fellow soldiers get their legs blown off by IED's and kids are lobbing grenades at you then it's kill or be killed in that climate. Your mindset must switch to another more primitive gear and you just think "fuck it".

This went on in the Eastern Front all the time in the Second World war. As one side's treatment of the others prisoners got worse the other side did the same thing in retaliation, until your basically just shooting people on sight without a single fuck given. 

The Eastern front was on the Nazis viewing the Russians as beneath humans snd the Russians being tbe vengeful bastards they csn be in return.

Im sure what happens does happen often. But he was unlucky/rightfully(as you see it) caught. He has admitted it and has got 8 years for manslaughter. I rrally dont see what the issue is

None of you know what this bloke has been through out there, (neither do I, a story in the Daily Mail isn't going to give me all the facts) I can speak from experience though, that it's not pleasent having these cunts trying to pop you off every day.

If you take that viewpoint then every invading force is justified in killing any locals then if they suspect they are a part of a resistance. After all, every resistance movement are by nature "cunts trying to pop you off every day" to the people they are resisting. 

The situation may be a lot more complicated than that but when you bring it down to basics that's all it is.

If some other country turned up over here removed our government and from your viewpoint would it be justified for people to take arms and fight back? Or would that make us cunts for trying to pop them off?

Invoking Godwins law, the French resistance were cunts from a German viewpoint, I don't think many people think killing them was just. 

The Taliban only exist in the numbers they do due to being supplied to the hilt by the west because they were fighting the Soviet occupying forces. I'm sure their recruitment now consists of replacing the word 'Soviets' with 'The West' or something equally descriptive.

My bad, the Taliban are all sound blokes then!

Behave, no-one's saying that are they? The Nazi's were worse than cunts, didn't mean we rounded up POW's for execution did we?

Adhering to rules of engagement and The Geneva Convention is what is supposed to separate us from them.

Let's look at the facts.

The deceased was injured. He represented no threat to the soldiers. He was picked up by the soldiers and moved/dragged out of the sight of an unmanned UK military reconnaissance camera. Why was this done?

He was then reportedly kicked by some soldiers whilst lying on the floor injured. Then, heroic Marine A came over, shot him dead and instantly chirped up that he knew he'd broken the Geneva Convention.

Entirely indefensible. He might have been a Taleban fighter who was shooting at them moments earlier. It doesn't matter. Our military shouldn't be dragged down into the same gutter as the Taleban. Higher standards, and all that. Plus, the fact that they've dragged him away, out of site, kicked him and then assassinated him really points more towards a premeditated act of revenge and cold blooded killing, rather than towards a sudden and temporary rush of blood to the head (although this doesn't rule out some sort of cumulative PTSD playing a part).

Also, one wonders why they kept a video of it on their laptops? Was it their little souvenir, something they could watch back and have a little chortle about, how they offed one of theirs in cold blood?

He's justifiably in prison. The sentence reflects the mitigating factors and horrible situation he was operating in. But, he shouldn't be absolved of all culpability and responsibility altogether, that'd be ludicrous and unjust.

• Upvote 1