You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Aaan-tee-se-mite-aaar-mee.  You know the tune.

My favourite political chant story is about the genius who solved the problem of chanting at the rallies for the Macedonian nationalist party called Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization – Democratic Party for Macedonian National Unity or VMRO DPMNE as it is it's Macedonian acronym.

They had big rallies after the fall of communism but could never get any chanting going as the name of the party is ridiculously long and cumbersome and there is always one letter or syllable too many. Until one day someone though of the Yellow Submarine chorus, which worked perfectly in Macedonian.

Needless to say, they won the elections. Alas, only by coming first and not winning the outright majority, so they had to form a coalition with the ethnic Albanian party, which they, being nationalistic scum, refused and thus missed out on forming the government.  

So, the moral of the story would be, even if a good chant can win you elections, it can only go so far if you are a total cunt.

• Upvote 4

The ridiculous anti-semitism smears in the media used to really wind me up but the refreshing thing is that the great majority of people seem to have seen through them completely & realise that they are in the main lies or gross exaggerations and that the new systems to root out real abuse are better under Corbyn than they have ever been in the party.

It was interesting to note that the only really independent investigation on the cases constantly highlighted was through Cressida Dick's much vaunted police probe , which actually only found three pieces of disgusting abuse that were strong enough to be followed up with arrests and all of the offenders had been thrown out or forced out of the party before the charges were laid , which suggests the new systems are working.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The ridiculous anti-semitism smears in the media used to really wind me up but the refreshing thing is that the great majority of people seem to have seen through them completely & realise that they are in the main lies or gross exaggerations and that the new systems to root out real abuse are better under Corbyn than they have ever been in the party.

It was interesting to note that the only really independent investigation on the cases constantly highlighted was through Cressida Dick's much vaunted police probe , which actually only found three pieces of disgusting abuse that were strong enough to be followed up with arrests and all of the offenders had been thrown out or forced out of the party before the charges were laid , which suggests the new systems are working.

Have you read the telegraph today?

I'm not a Telegraph member so can only read the first bits of the story I assume you are alluding to, but it seems to suggest that Corbyn was worried that some cases were being lost or missed and trying to make the system even more robust by adding one of the foremost lawyers in the country ( a real pinko too , Tony Blair's flatmate and cabinet member ) to boost the disciplinary committee. Good old honourable Margaret's first thoughts on this offer were to offer smear stories on Lord Falconer to the right-wing press and pass a secretly-recorded tape of the meeting to these august bodies.

57 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And the Marr show leads on the corbyn hates jews narritive. They are making themselves look silly now. It also distracts from real predudice faced by people in this country. 

Rather than the ‘unreal’ prejudice faced by the Jews. Yes, nothing to see here.  

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Rather than the ‘unreal’ prejudice faced by the Jews. Yes, nothing to see here.  

And what "unreal" predudice  have they faced recently?  If its on any kind of the level of hmm the predudice faced by west indians of the windrush generations i must have missed it. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And what "unreal" predudice  have they faced recently?  If its on any kind of the level of hmm the predudice faced by west indians of the windrush generations i must have missed it. 

There’s a tape of Corbyn saying the disciplinary process is broken and that prejudice hasn’t been treated seriously and even obstructed but you don’t think it exists?  Mental.  

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a tape of Corbyn saying the disciplinary process is broken and that prejudice hasn’t been treated seriously and even obstructed but you don’t think it exists?  Mental.  

Ok I'll ask again whats the "unreal" predudice jewish people in this country have suffered recently?

Oh and if they have (like the windrush generation for example) i hope the people respinsiblle are caught and boughr to book.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ok I'll ask again whats the "unreal" predudice jewish people in this country have suffered recently?

Oh and if they have (like the windrush generation for example) i hope the people respinsiblle are caught and boughr to book.

Are you drunk?  Or perhaps having a post no-Brexit breakdown? 

Interesting that we can rank prejudice though, which one is the most important?  

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you drunk?  Or perhaps having a post no-Brexit breakdown? 

Interesting that we can rank prejudice though, which one is the most important?  

So thats a no? As for actual predudice i think being  deported  after living in this country for decades like some of the windrush generation were would be high on the list but  im asking for evidence of this "unreal predudice" you spout and cant find any, but then  it seems neither can you.

Just now, Gnasher said:

So thats a no? As for actual predudice i think being  deported  after living in this country for decades like some of the windrush generation were would be high on the list but  im asking for evidence of this "unreal predudice" you spout and cant find any, but then  it seems neither can you.

Yes Gnasher, you big fucking racist, there’s no anti-semitism in the UK. Even if there was it wouldn’t be as bad as other racism so let’s just carry on. 

As long as we understand there’s a league table and AS is at the bottom we’d be ok.  I mean no one remembers any AS in living memory do they?  It’s just made up to scare the kids.  You can punch Nazis, but at the same time perhaps their biggest victims aren’t worthy of comment.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes Gnasher, you big fucking racist, there’s no anti-semitism in the UK. Even if there was it wouldn’t be as bad as other racism so let’s just carry on. 

As long as we understand there’s a league table and AS is at the bottom we’d be ok.  I mean no one remembers any AS in living memory do they?  It’s just made up to scare the kids.  You can punch Nazis, but at the same time perhaps their biggest victims aren’t worthy of comment.  

So the answer is still a dont know. You call me mental. You're a fucking lunatic.

Hold on a second. Gnasher is happy to laud the 52% on the other thread, where many of them voted for getting rid of Muslims. So it's a fucking cheek that he's sticking up for the Windrush generation on here. He's coming across as one of those Tory types.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Have a look back and see where you started to spectacularly miss the point.  It’s quiet obvious. 

So you have no evidence at all to back up your claim of "unreal.predudice"  you just followed the herd and made it up.

Anyway im off to watch the football