You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa V Liverpool

Arl arse

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Reading back this thread after what is a very good performance is fairly surreal. The moaning is real.

Sakho good, Can good, Coutinho good, Sturridge is a big boost. Really have with that.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Should be 3 or 4 up. Hope we're not made to pay for the missed opportunities like we were in the last game.

You remind me of that dog staring at the cupcakes.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Even if we win 10-0, we can't take anything from beating the worst side in the league.

Absolute bollocks that, in my view. It seems like a strange attempt to pull any credit away from a confidence boosting performance. There's loads we can take from it.

Sturridge really should be one of the established top 5 strikers in the world. It's such a shame his head and body aren't up for the fight. He's one of the most natural talents you'll see.

45 goals in 74 appearances or something like that. He's a quality talent, if he managed to get on the pitch more we'd be in the top four I reckon.

Absolute bollocks that, in my view. It seems like a strange attempt to pull any credit away from a confidence boosting performance. There's loads we can take from it.

This is the kind of false optimism that habitually ruins us. Instead of remembering that this team, apart from Sturridge, most recently lost to West Ham for the 3rd fucking time this season, and could not hold a 2-0 lead at home against Sunderland, not counting the other epic failures that have amounted to 9 draws and 8 losses in just the league, we're going to build confidence from this,

Half the team needs to be binned based on what they have not achieved when given the chance. It's like horse that makes up 20 lengths to finish running at the end and loses by 10. Go ahead and bet him his next time out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is the kind of false optimism that habitually ruins us.

Hahahah. Fucking hell. In what way does admitting that winning 10-0, just as we did when we were winning anything, ruin the club? I mean, is this a wind up? The negativity around this place is absolutely rife. I don't think positive is our downfall.

• Upvote 6