You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The war in Ukraine

Captain

Plato disagrees: "Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool"

He did say this 2500 years ago like, but I reckon I'd still his arl arse opinion over yours.

Oops, grammar.

You are a funny man, by that I mean I'm laughing at you. No, a missing word that means the sentence doesn't make sense grammatically....

I hate to be a pedant, but you can just remove the word grammatically from your sentence. It doesn't make sense, but it's not related to the grammar used. 

By the way, an ellipsis is three dots. 

• Upvote 1

I hate to be a pedant, but you can just remove the word grammatically from your sentence. It doesn't make sense, but it's not related to the grammar used. 

By the way, an ellipsis is three dots.

Ha ha ha, you clown. Honestly, can you come and live with me? I could get you out when I'm feeling down and you'd cheer me right up. Like a clown. My own clown, I'd call you Clown.

• Downvote 1

http://www.globalresearch.ca/natos-eastward-expansion-did-the-west-break-its-promise-to-moscow/5380144

E8WOwHS.jpg

So if the Ukraine isn't good enough, when are Russia actually allowed to make a stand against NATO? When they reach the outskirts of Moscow maybe?

Fuck off NATO.

'Make a stand against NATO'? Ha, ha - fucking hell.

The organisation that's allowed you to live amongst the most pampered and privileged people to have ever walked this earth. For all its iniquities, and I'm not blind to them, I know which society I'm eternally thankful I was born into.

• Upvote 1

How can NATO be the bad guys?

The Soviets used force to keep control in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary etc and crushed any revolts by the people. As soon as the USSR collaspse of course a lot of the population wanted away from Soviet rule and a defense against the chances of a Russian move to regain/retain power like they tried in tge Afghan civil war at tge start of the 90s, the installation of a puppet president in Chechneya, the constant meddling in Georgian affairs in South Ossetia.

What makes me laugh here is that if you argue here that Russia isnt a bad guy you are accused of being led by the West. Just because you dont trust the Russians at all doesn't mean you blindly follow whats fed to you by the press.

• Upvote 1

What makes me laugh here is that if you argue here that Russia isnt a bad guy you are accused of being led by the West. Just because you dont trust the Russians at all doesn't mean you blindly follow whats fed to you by the press.

That's just not true. It's very healthy to have reservations about Russia. It's also very healthy to read the mainstream media sceptically. 

My post was more a reation to Red Pheonix fuck Nato line on here.

I dont know him and he is free to do and believe whatever he wants but imo when people start looking for conspiracy/boogeyman in everything they start finding a conspiracy/boogeyman in everything.

We are all mushrooms and will be kept in the dark as much as possible on everything and fed whatever shit the media wants us to know.

Everything is agenda driven even the likes of wikileaks etc will only release what fits there agenda

To a large extent it can, but you can try and keep an open mind.

I can't argue with that either.

However, it just seems to me that the default position adopted by the more conspiratorially-minded types is that everything 'The West' does is wrong or shady or underhand.

RP's comment re NATO being a particularly inane example.

'Make a stand against NATO'? Ha, ha - fucking hell.

The organisation that's allowed you to live amongst the most pampered and privileged people to have ever walked this earth. For all its iniquities, and I'm not blind to them, I know which society I'm eternally thankful I was born into.

NATO are tool of US control who bomb the shit out of countries that can't defend themselves and go against the US. There's no evidence at all that it's allowed us anything but more stress, the world could be a lot more peaceful now if it didn't exist and wasn't provoking a world superpower like it currently is doing. Of course this could turn into a world war at the worst, but it's clear that the US provoked it and keep pushing it, and we already know one of theirs has said "Fuck the EU", so maybe they're also fine with the whole of the EU being at war too if it goes that far.

The organization partly exists to make sure that the US remains the most dominant superpower, and that's kind of sure to fail in one way or the other, seeing as no empire lasts forever. Can that take place without another huge war though? Can they transition peacefully? And can we stop trying to surround Russia with NATO weapons? Seeing as the US gov is clearly fucking insane it seems that we have a job on our hands.

• Upvote 1

I can't argue with that either.

However, it just seems to me that the default position adopted by the more conspiratorially-minded types is that everything 'The West' does is wrong or shady or underhand.

RP's comment re NATO being a particularly inane example.

Well, if we are going off track records for the last few decades then I can see why people would immediately think that about The West. There's a pretty long list of references which show them acting like war warmongering callous fucks! 

NATO are tool of US control who bomb the shit out of countries that can't defend themselves and go against the US. There's no evidence at all that it's allowed us anything but more stress, the world could be a lot more peaceful now if it didn't exist and wasn't provoking a world superpower like it currently is doing. Of course this could turn into a world war at the worst, but it's clear that the US provoked it and keep pushing it, and we already know one of theirs has said "Fuck the EU", so maybe they're also fine with the whole of the EU being at war too if it goes that far.

The organization partly exists to make sure that the US remains the most dominant superpower, and that's kind of sure to fail in one way or the other, seeing as no empire lasts forever. Can that take place without another huge war though? Can they transition peacefully? And can we stop trying to surround Russia with NATO weapons? Seeing as the US gov is clearly fucking insane it seems that we have a job on our hands.

Really, explain how? 

If by that you mean all of western Europe would be part of the Warsaw Pact then you'd be right. However, you wouldn't have the freedom to have the discussion we're holding right now.