You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tug of war

JohnnyH

Some of you may remember my story from a few years ago where I had to have an operation on my back where they removed a disc from between my L4/L5 vertebrae which was phenomenally painful and left me slightly shorter with a large scar.

Well I'm fairly sure this all started after a tug of war competition I competed in against the twats from the local rugby club. They won with ease, and I couldn't walk.

So 4 years later I've just represented my gym in the same tug of war at our little town festival. We lost the final against the arseholes from the rugby club. And I'm in an astonishingly amount of agony and took 30 mins to walk 200 yards as my back is completely and universally fucked. I'm lying in bed in absolute agony typing this. I genuinely think I may need surgery again.

So my question is - When was the last time you were a total fucking stupid arsehole dumbass fucking daft bellend like I've just been?

Walked up Snowdon last Sunday despite doing no training at all and eating junk food for the previous 2 weeks as I'd been off work.

I pulled my hamstring and my groin ( I know, I know ) fucked my ankle, couldn't walk for 3 days and was in agony from the cock down. I couldn't even walk up the stairs when I get home and slept on the couch.

I looked like I'd just come from the D-day landings when I was descending. A particular high point was a 70 year old woman stopping me to ask if I was ok because I ' looked like hell '

• Upvote 4

Walked up Snowdon last Sunday despite doing no training at all and eating junk food for the previous 2 weeks as I'd been off work.

I pulled my hamstring and my groin ( I know, I know ) fucked my ankle, couldn't walk for 3 days and was in agony from the cock down. I couldn't even walk up the stairs when I get home and slept on the couch.

I looked like I'd just come from the D-day landings when I was descending. A particular high point was a 70 year old woman stopping me to ask if I was ok because I ' looked like hell '

In agony from the cock down? In my world that's called a bunion.

• Upvote 1

Johnny, I've to get 3 Cortisone injections into my back at T8-T9 and L4-L5 this week and I'm fucking bricking it. Hate hospitals and definitely hate needles.

Have you had it done and is it beneficial long term? and most importantly, sore to get them done?

No. When my disc went between the L4L5 it went completely and leaked into my back. It was a pain I've never experienced before and I've broken legs arms and ribs. But the only fix was surgery.

This was what it looked like just after.

Posted Image

No. When my disc went between the L4L5 it went completely and leaked into my back. It was a pain I've never experienced before and I've broken legs arms and ribs. But the only fix was surgery.

This was what it looked like just after.

a2y4udu4.jpg

Looks like the start of a horror flick that.

• Upvote 1

So my question is - When was the last time you were a total fucking stupid arsehole dumbass fucking daft bellend like I've just been?

Last summer. The school fete. To cut a long story short - My wife's friend,  who husband is a fucking knob, and fucked off a few years ago -  Her youngest asked me if I would go in the dad's tug-o-war for her, as obviously 'knob' was nowhere to be seen on the day in question.

I agreed. The dads got to the final where we lost to a team of builders, It went on for ages, (well about two mins, but it felt like ages-  In fact it felt like I had been holding my breath for 5 minutes,  and I was fucked, 

The next day having a piss i noticed a lump in the groin region, which turned out to be an inguinal hernia. Nice.

One operation later, I am now officially retired from Tug O War. 

I feel your pain. Tug o war? Mugs game.