You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Tourist.

Meh. Season 1 was half decent. Season 2 just got worse and worse. Stereotyped "oirish" characters, the main character has guns pointed at him every 10 minutes but you know he's never getting shot. A couple of immensely irritating characters. That aussie ex boyfriend bloke is both irrelevant and annoying. If they make S3 I ain't bothering. 

10 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

The Tourist.

Meh. Season 1 was half decent. Season 2 just got worse and worse. Stereotyped "oirish" characters, the main character has guns pointed at him every 10 minutes but you know he's never getting shot. A couple of immensely irritating characters. That aussie ex boyfriend bloke is both irrelevant and annoying. If they make S3 I ain't bothering. 

I was going to watch season 2, but haven't done for 2 reasons. Lots of people seem to view it like you. And season 1, while I think I liked it, I can barely remembered what happened and can't be arsed to look back. I seem to remember it was something about someone who lost their memory and aside from that, I don't recall a thing! 

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And season 1, while I think I liked it, I can barely remembered what happened and can't be arsed to look back. I seem to remember it was something about someone who lost their memory and aside from that, I don't recall a thing! 

Are you sure it wasn't about you, Barry ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was going to watch season 2, but haven't done for 2 reasons. Lots of people seem to view it like you. And season 1, while I think I liked it, I can barely remembered what happened and can't be arsed to look back. I seem to remember it was something about someone who lost their memory and aside from that, I don't recall a thing! 

Swerve it mate, I only stayed with it because I'd watched the first 2 episodes. It's pyaar shite. 

• Upvote 1

Just watched episode 2 of To Catch a Copper.

Very good once again.

I've no idea how the woman on the bus ended up with a financial settlement and an apology letter, she was a complete gobshite that started the whole thing.

The lad with the blood clot on his brain should have been the one with compensation, it was fucking obvious something was seriously wrong with him with the way he was acting. Disgraceful treatment.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was just reading Evil is back in May for season 4, but it's going to be the last season. Paramount added another 4 episodes to the run to allow a proper ending. I really like that show, as while I really like it, you can imagine if the story goes much further, it will be too mental. 

Couldn't get into that. 

Resident Alien has just returned for season 3. I love that show. And some good lines as always "you are a Grey, I will call you dickhead". There's only 8 episodes in season 3. But apparently it's now also on netflix in the US and not only on SyFy and viewing figures have been good. So hopefully it'll give it the push for a couple more seasons. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I didn't love the 1st season. But it was ok. Season 2 and 3 were great though, a very big leap forward. 

I only watched a few but thought it was very mediocre and lacking any real quality to engage me.

I've just finished City on a Hill. I wasn't overly fussed on the 1st 2 seasons. It was ok, but I just couldn't get into it and it took my a while to watch both. I wasn't going to watch season 3, but I'd seen it was the final season, so thought I'd close it out. I actually thought it was the best of all 3 seasons and I'd probably give it a 7.5. I can't quite tell if they knew it was finished when they made it, but the ending was satisfactory enough for me.

I can't imagine though it kept a lot of people watching - with Kevin Bacon in the lead role and Affleck involved with the writing and him and Matt Damon on as EPs, there was probably a lot of expectation it can't have lived up to as it was too dour for a big audience in my opinion. But by the end I felt it was a good show, it just took too long to get there and I wouldn't have entertained season 3 if I hadn't have known it was the last. 

1 minute ago, halewood pete said:

Loudermilk

Series on Netflix,seen thr first episode quite,enjoyed it.is it worth persevering with ?

Coincidentally, I've just started this (4 episodes in) and I'm enjoying it so far.

Gentle with some laugh out loud moments.

• Thanks 1

Billy Connolly's World tour of Scotland/Australia/England, Ireland and Wales. 

All bloody marvellous.  On to the World tour of New Zealand now. 

• Upvote 1

On 16/02/2024 at 22:15, Barrington Womble said:

I was just reading Evil is back in May for season 4, but it's going to be the last season. Paramount added another 4 episodes to the run to allow a proper ending. I really like that show, as while I really like it, you can imagine if the story goes much further, it will be too mental. 

I knew they'd filmed it, but hadn't realised they'd set a release date. Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1