You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa(H) Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Seems they were worried about his knee but to be fair in that region it can be a host of issues. Just going to have to wait and see. That said we've needed a competition/cover for him for ages now so if this forces the issue then a positive can be taken from it.

We've always needed better than Lucas to be genuine top 4 in my opinion.

Nothing to dislike about the bloke, but the bar is high.

Yes hes made a difference today, but we were so spectacularly out of kilter in the first half that wouldnt have been hard to improve on. We are playing  Villa i would add. I struggle to think of a more underwhelming side in the Prem.

Maybe this injury and Gerrard absolutely bombing in there today will hasten the change we need.

We've always needed better than Lucas to be genuine top 4 in my opinion.

Nothing to dislike about the bloke, but the bar is high.

Yes hes made a difference today, but we were so spectacularly out of kilter in the first half that wouldnt have been hard to improve on. We are playing  Villa i would add. I struggle to think of a more underwhelming side in the Prem.

Maybe this injury and Gerrard absolutely bombing in there today will hasten the change we need.

That's a fair assessment. I'm of the opinion that Lucas is capable of being good enough (or was before injury anyway) so even if we bought a replacement it wouldn't surprise me if he rediscovered his better form but if he ends up a squad player then that's fine with me too. One of my favorite players and as you've said seems a sound person but at the end of the day it's Liverpool FC that I support not Lucas FC.

Must win this game.

Lots of lessons for Rodgers here today.

Hopefully Henry too.

The main one being, do not use the team to prove a fucking point to the owners.

Win everything you can regardless and stop fucking about with the line up when it clearly doesnt work.