You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next 5 games total points prediction!

WhiskeyJar

Next 5 games total points prediction?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How many points do you think we will get after the next 5 games?

What I don't see here, or elsewhere, is any notion that Rodgers might come up with a tactical plan/set-up that can help compensate for what we lack in comparison. We're going to need adjustments against better teams, rather than stand around waiting for Luis to do something special.

Rodgers has to prove himself a bit in these 5 games.

Does anyone expect a win from a difficult game anymore?  Kind of sad how we've now accepted a point at best against decent teams.

Swings and roundabouts. I was definitely more confident of getting points going to - say - Chelsea under Benitez. But, then, I was less confident about getting three points home to Stoke under him as well.

It's the points tally at the end of the season that matters. And it's very early days for Rodgers.

Swings and roundabouts. I was definitely more confident of getting points going to - say - Chelsea under Benitez. But, then, I was less confident about getting three points home to Stoke under him as well.

It's the points tally at the end of the season that matters. And it's very early days for Rodgers.

There's zero doubt about that at all.  We've  become ten times better at dispatching the shite n the league.  Sadly we now  expect and usually get very little from any decent teams, or even average yet well drilled outfits.

There's zero doubt about that at all.  We've  become ten times better at dispatching the shite n the league.  Sadly we now  expect and usually get very little from any decent teams, or even average yet well drilled outfits.

I actually see your concerns, Batigol. Looking at the top ten in the league - as of today - and we have only won one of six against them. I do think the sample size is a little small yet, though. I hope we pick up a few points away to Spurs, City and Chelsea, mind. That should allay some fears.

I will add that I am still firmly entrenched in the Rodgers camp!

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Chelsea? the same force that lost to Stoke...shipped goals at the stadium of light....should have lost to WBA....

1 goal at Spurs will be enough for a win

so wins...and a point at citeh

7 or 8 would be very good with we have now.

Other than the 6 points from the 2 home wins, maybe a goalless/low score draw with spurs consider they are misfiring and hopfully another (high score) draw with chelsea with their leaky defence

Rodgers managed to get wins against Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc. when he was managing a far inferior Swansea team.

He had players who never stopped running and who fought to get the ball back whenever they lost it. We've had Henderson, Gerrard and Lucas in midfield. Speaking of managers upping their games against a rival:

Hyypia and his back-room staff outsmarted Jürgen Klopp by pinning back the Borussia wide players with incredibly high full-backs, who sometimes went even further up to press the makeshift defence.

Obivously, we can't imagine our fullbacks playing like that - Johnson would have to be given CPR on the fucking pitch - but I'd surely hope to see some tactical acumen from Rodgers against spuds.

I'm sensing a theme here, Dr J. Not a Rodgers fan? Second place after nearly half a season not good enough for you?

Rather be hanging below the Europa places as we have been for the past 5 seasons?

I'll wait until the end of season before passing judgement. I'd be happy to hear about how his second half alterations affected any game we've played this season, or be given examples of his tactical nous during games.

We're 5 points better than we were last year in similar or equal fixtures, btw.

• Upvote 2

I'll wait until the end of season before passing judgement. I'd be happy to hear about how his second half alterations affected any game we've played this season, or be given examples of his tactical nous during games.

Fuck, repped you by accident, sodding Nexus 7.

The league has been very strange this season & we are a bit schizophrenic at the best of times so there is no way that everything will play out as simply as suggested on this thread. We will drop points in one of the home games & no doubt win an away game unexpectedly. 8 points for me , win & a draw in the homeys, win, draw & loss away. Would settle for that at a push.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rodgers managed to get wins against Liverpool, City, Arsenal etc. when he was managing a far inferior Swansea team.

Yeah, but they had midfielders like Joe Allen. We're having to play with shite like Joe Allen.

• Upvote 1

At this point last year we had 19 points.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2012-12-03