You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the relevance is supposed to be that he's just followed them and is linked with us. MEans fuck all, just saying.

Ryan Smith ‏@ryanbistosmith 35m

@TonyBarretTimes have we any chance with Willian?

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 34m

@ryanbistosmith A chance? Yes.

John O' Sullivan ‏@Corballyred 8m

@LiamJackAndrews @TonyBarretTimes @ryanbistosmith More than a chance at this stage

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 7m

@Corballyred @LiamJackAndrews @ryanbistosmith I think so.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tony Barrett making sounds, sort of.

Asked of there was a chance of Willian signing, he said 'a chance, yes'. Then somebody said, 'more than a chance at this stage', to which he replied 'I think so'.

EDIT: Fuckers.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dominic King also saying we are close to doing a deal for both Willian and Cissokho. Sounds promising.

It'll set the cat amongst the pigeons.

From the Mail:

Liverpool look set to beat off Tottenham and Manchester United in the £30million race to sign Willian.

Both Liverpool and Tottenham have entered into talks with Anzhi Mackhachkala for the Brazil international but it appears Willian is leaning more towards a move to Anfield.

If Liverpool can complete a deal for the 25-year-old, Willian would become the second most expensive acquisition in the club's history and he would become the marquee signing that manager Brendan Rodgers has been desperate to make all summer.

It would also represent something of a coup for Liverpool, given that Manchester United registered their interest and Tottenham are in a position to offer him European football.

Willian had told ESPN Brazil, after being informed of Liverpool's interest earlier this week that he was 'very calm and just waiting for the best' and also described Liverpool as 'a great club'.

He has had his heart set on a move to England since it became apparent Anzhi Makhachkala would have to sell, having been beset by financial problems.

Rodgers has been anxious to give his squad more quality and depth and the arrival of Willian, who won the UEFA Cup during his time with Shakhtar Donetsk, would provide that. Liverpool are also on the verge of wrapping up a season-long loan move for Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho subject to a medical.

Think he said if we don't sign him' date=' it won't be for the want of trying. Can't recall the chap myself, seems a few think he's quite good.[/quote']

I haven't seen much of him at all but i'm still excited. It would send out the right kind of message and how good would it be to see us spending £30M on a player and actively trying to force our way into the CL?

It's what we all want.

I haven't seen much of him at all but i'm still excited. It would send out the right kind of message and how good would it be to see us spending £30M on a player and actively trying to force our way into the CL?

It's what we all want.

While excited at the prospect of landing a big name, Nuri Sahin is still lurking at the back of my mind. Was dead excited when we beat Arsenal to him. And then...

Felt the same with Torres mind. Anyway, just saying.

So, is he better than Downing?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
While excited at the prospect of landing a big name, Nuri Sahin is still lurking at the back of my mind. Was dead excited when we beat Arsenal to him. And then...

Felt the same with Torres mind. Anyway, just saying.

So, is he better than Downing?

Assuming Rodgers isn't going to play him as a central defender, I'm confident he'll fair better than poor ol' Nuri. Played him right out of position and he still got 3 goals and 3 assists. Player.