You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra retiring end of the season

mht1892

I still remember him and Gerrard centre mid against Wimbledon in 99 - both of them twatting Robbie Earle and some other yard dog, first time in years that they couldn't kick us off the park.

Comes to them all in the end - I saw Kenny hang em up!

I really hope he moves into coaching, if that is what he wants.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a sad day when Carra hangs up his boots for the last time.

I'm 25 and had a season ticket since 95, so I'm lucky enough to have followed his career right the way through. I was at his first game against Villa, and I'd highly doubt that after Stevie follows him whenever that day may come, we as supporters will ever witness another one club scouser who'll contribute as much to the club throughout their career as these two have.

He is up there with the greats, and his Istanbul heroics will forever be in club folklore. From the 2004-2009 period he was truly world class, imperious. An absolute legend, and I just hope we can give him one more fairytail end to a season to give him the send off he deserves. Maybe he'll have a trophy to lift in Amsterdam in May.

This

i'll admit he wouldn't have been in my starting 11 this season or last but carra is one of few players who can be deemed as irreplaceable.

I'd like to see him involved with the academy, his passion and knowledge for the game will be vital in bringing young lads through.

He also might help find some good local talent as well, we cant have a team without any scousers when stevie retires. That's just unthinkable. i dont think flanagan will make it here if i'm honest.

Carra is an absolute club legend, he was the main ingredient in istanbul and for that he should be given something huge as a tribute.

i'll admit he wouldn't have been in my starting 11 this season or last but carra is one of few players who can be deemed as irreplaceable.

I'd like to see him involved with the academy, his passion and knowledge for the game will be vital in bringing young lads through.

He also might help find some good local talent as well, we cant have a team without any scousers when stevie retires. That's just unthinkable. i dont think flanagan will make it here if i'm honest.

Carra is an absolute club legend, he was the main ingredient in istanbul and for that he should be given something huge as a tribute.

Spot on.

Well yeah, I could be reading too much into it.

But surely 'will be retiring at the end of the season' would suffice. 'Leaving the club' insinuates there won't be any role for him, at least not immediately.

Peter McDowall and Chris Bascombe have said he's had offers from the club but wants to take some time out first, aswell as a swarm of media offers. I'm sure when it comes to it and he makes his choice about the path he wants to take next there'll be a door at the club open for him. Supposedly he has no inclination currently to go in to coaching at this point.

Reckon we could retire the number 23 shirt?

That's a must.

Very sad but if it's what Jamie wants then I am happy for him but I'd have liked him to have another year as he is still up to the task. What a great player. Liverpool FC will see the like again but I will be long dead by then. Thanks for everything Jamie and all the best in what you choose to do. Come back soon.

Peter McDowall and Chris Bascombe have said he's had offers from the club but wants to take some time out first, aswell as a swarm of media offers. I'm sure when it comes to it and he makes his choice about the path he wants to take next there'll be a door at the club open for him. Supposedly he has no inclination currently to go in to coaching at this point.

Cheers for that.

I thought that was bang out of line that we didn't retire the number 7 shirt after Nigel Clough left.

Nigel clough you got to be joking.

I am talking about the messiah of mc donalds who still has the record for the greatest number of big macs eaten in one session.

Yes the one and only Harry "Lard Arse" Kewell.

Nigel clough you got to be joking.

I am talking about the messiah of mc donalds who still has the record for the greatest number of big macs eaten in one session.

Yes the one and only Harry "Lard Arse" Kewell.

I'm sorry but you have to have played a game that season for the score to count.

Superb player, outstanding career, from around 2004-2008 he was for me the best defender in the country and truly world class. He should have been a defacto starter for England during this period.

Personally a bit surprised he's going now although completely understand. He's been excellent over the last few weeks and thought he might be able to offer a lot for a season or two.

Expect ashley williams from swansea if we're lucky!

Ashley Williams is exactly the sort of player I'm thinking of. A big hard bastard who can command the defence and has the skillz with his feet. Good player, though most on here dislike him for what he said about Suarez.

The only player to ever take longer than Lucas to win the majority of the crowds love.

Which then never stopped till legend status was reached.

A player who actually deserves to be called a legend.

The first player to make another player cry since mongo at Anfield in the shape of Nani.

The man with the highest number of own goals scored in a Liverpool shirt.

I would love to see him score again before he goes.

I hope they do a Aldo if we get a penality in a game we are winning,especially if it is at home and at the Kop end.

Just imagine the noise if he scored it.

Is his contract up? I thought he had another 12 months.

Not wanting to piss on chips but surely he has had an offer. Must be media.

I cant see us binning him but on a wage less than he will command in the media maybe its tipping point.

Good luck JC. Legend.

He only signed a 12 month contract at the start of the season mate.

From what I can remember.

Ashley Williams is exactly the sort of player I'm thinking of. A big hard bastard who can command the defence and has the skillz with his feet. Good player, though most on here dislike him for what he said about Suarez.

hope and think martin kelly can fill carra's boots...