You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crap you watch for no good reason...

Josef Svejk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from football, the Simpsons when I'm home in time and the occasional episode of Family Guy or a music documentary on BBC4, I never watch TV.

If it's ever daft o'clock in the morning and I can't sleep, I'll flick through the 24 hour news channels. Occasionally Babestation.

Sleep on it . He should bother you and every other sentient being on the planet. He is the Devils spawn and deserves a long painful end unlike the poor bastard he bungeed to death on the other pile of steaming crap he used to present. I am sure the cunt said he was quitting after that happened but fuck me the vacuous ball-sack reared his coiffured head again trying to pretend picking a fucking box is in some way related to some pseudo psychic ability. Lastly please never call him Noel again ,

you are quite right, the cuntestants just wind me up so much.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

My mum always has that shit with Tim Lovejoy on C4 on a Sunday when I pop round! 3 hours of total crap,with music interludes of shite bands/singers you've never heard of! Spose C4 would consider it 'hangover' tv viewed by our sickly lazy teen/student generation! Fookin rubbish!!!

Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Kings.

Dickinson's Real Deal.

Homes Under the Hammer.

Storage Wars.

Flog it!

Escape to the country.

The above programmes are exactly what I'm talking about. Essentially, we're talking BBC-type "lifestyle" shows and Discovery-type "reality" shows. Also known as cheap television that people still watch.

Homes Under the Hammer is the best example here. It's rivalled only by Cash in the Attic for "no wonder they say unemployment is depressing" television. Faces like these make me want to hurt small, defenceless animals:

300x193_auctiontips.jpg

1501_Lorne_G_260164t.jpg

I should also add programmes about British people buying "properties" (not "houses", certainly not "homes") abroad. Seriously, folks: the Spanish/Italian/French/Croatian neighbours are going to love you, your linguistic skills, and your ugly kids.

And, yes, I've watched these shows... often spitting at the television... but nevertheless watching.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Any of those place in the country type crap are fake......just jobbing actors posing as buyers...

ever seen anyone actually buy a house?

Do they ever go back and see "6 months later"? Nope...coz the originla owner is still living there!

Good call re Sue Perkins...one of the most annoying women on the planet...ultra left wing university lezbian types normally are!

I am a bugger for the house programmes (all the home or away, escape to the country, doing up houses, doing up mansions - there are millions). It started when we were house hunting and now it continues mainly so that I can:

1. laugh at bad interiors

2. say "ooh" at nice houses

3. Mock the people on the programme for being unrealistic and generally twattish (I also react strongly to the use of "properteh"

Other than that i watch very little that isn't carefully chosen.

For some odd reason I like watching the shopping channels. I don't buy any of the stuff (ok, I bought a Nicer Dicer plus for my wife) but I actually find myself staring at the box watching the 90th demonstration on how this particular paint pad isn't like all the other shit ones; this one REALLY WORKS!

There's a great JML one at the moment... the Dual Saw... it's got the 2 shoutiest douchebags on the planet presenting (Billy Mayse is one of them), each desperately trying to out-shout the other.

"Look at this fucking thing... it just chopped a fucking car in half!! Why haven't you got one?!!??!"

TV gold.

[YOUTUBE]65uKsgGS44M[/YOUTUBE]

Nothing worse than Escape to the Country. "John and Andrea only have £600,000 to spend on their holiday home, so it's going to be tough to find them something in rural Cornwall". Cut to me with this face.

6896176229_9f2ce22d7a.jpg

It tends to be like that. Then they bitch about the houses too.

My favourite moments are when the renovation ones don't listen to the sexy presenter and go their own way, only to fuck up and lose money. Entertainment.

"Well we really wanted 4 acres..."

You don't need a TV programme to help you find those types of houses.

Fuckwits like them dont deserve help but then that wouldnt make good telly, would it?