You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Player Of The Year

Dr Nowt

Should be Suarez and Hazard.

What is the age limit on the young player award? I thought Sturridge was about 25.

I thought it was 23 but he's 24.  Maybe it's because he was 23 when the season started.

Alternatively, I could well be talking bollocks.

Is voting already done?

No argument for Player of the year but Young Player of the Year is debatable between Sturridge and Hazard and only the utter brilliance of Suarez has masked the fact that Sturridge has be phenomenal. Sturridge's stats are comparable with Torres in his pomp. 

Should be Suarez and Hazard.

What is the age limit on the young player award? I thought Sturridge was about 25.

Its 24.

I'd pick Suarez and Sturridge but it will be Suarez and Hazard.

Wonder when the last time we had 3 nominations though. Probably going back about 24 years Id say.

I thought it was 23 but he's 24.  Maybe it's because he was 23 when the season started.

Alternatively, I could well be talking bollocks.

Ta.

Its 24.

I'd pick Suarez and Sturridge but it will be Suarez and Hazard.

Wonder when the last time we had 3 nominations though. Probably going back about 24 years Id say.

I'd make the young player award under 21s and pick Suarez and Sterling.

Barkley and Ramsey shouldn't get a single vote.

don't agree with players getting nominations for both awards to be honest

Henderson should be in the young player group

team of the season anyone?

-------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Zabaleta------Jagielka------Terry-----------Shaw

Lallana---------Gerrard----Toure------Hazard

----------------Suarez-----Sturridge---------------

Team of the season anyone?

-------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Zabaleta------Jagielka------Terry-----------Shaw

Would have Skrtel instead of Jagielka.  7 goals, plus many great games.  Some mistakes, but so has Jagielka.

I can't think of a keeper, maybe Lloris is the best of an average bunch in that position this season?!

team of the season anyone?

------------------------De Gea--------------------------

Zabaleta------Cahill------Kompany-----------Baines

That's what I'd go with. Cahill has impressed me more than Terry, none of the keepers really impressed this season so it could me Ming as well and Kompany for being the most important City player and Baines because of the fact that Everton are playing really good this season.

That's what I'd go with. Cahill has impressed me more than Terry, none of the keepers really impressed this season so it could me Ming as well and Kompany for being the most important City player and Baines because of the fact that Everton are playing really good this season.

I think Kompany has made loads of mistakes this season.

Cahill is a good shout.  De Gea might be the best of an average set of keepers as well.

It'll be Suarez and Hazard, but I reckon Gerrard may be in with a shout.

They gave it to Giggs based purely on sentiment, and though Suarez has been the standout player, the story of the season on an emotional level is all about Gerrard.

I reckon Stevie will scoop the writers award if we win this thing mate.

PFA is polled months ago.

Must say, Hendo is extremely unlucky not to be on the young player shortlist.

He's been metronomic this season.

It has to be because we've already got three players nominated for the awards. Anyone that thinks Barkley or Ramsey have had a better season than Henderson is out of their fucking mind.

• Upvote 1