You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

doubt Jay will make it with a hamstring injury which is a blow but even if he is potentially available probably wouldn't risk him with some big games coming up, plus Stokes centre mid isn't particularly creative so we should be able to handle it, Bellamy probably won't start either, not enjoyed Dirk's performances this season but could be his sort of game and always best to play Stoke with two up top

------------Pepe-------------

Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique

Maxi----Henderson--Stevie--Downing

----------Kuyt----Carroll------------

subs

Doni

Carra

Coates

Kelly

Adam

Shelvey

Bellamy

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina

Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique

Johnson Carrager

Adam Gerrard Bellamy

Carroll

In homage to the back-six formation. No but seriously, I hope we attack Stoke using Carroll as the battering ram to make space for Bellamy and Maxi to run circles around those giant lumbering defenders. Gerrard to ping deft balls in and Downing to fire balls into the box. I think he'll be on target more often than not from now on. Just a feeling.

I do feel an element of sympathy for Carroll these days, he still is playing way below what you'd hope but at least seems to be putting in the effort. Downing has hid throughout his time here and doesn't seem one bit bothered that he's contributing fuck all game after game. Wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad.

I'd go

Reina

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Henderson

Gerrard

Adam

Maxi

Kuyt

Bellamy

officials need to start getting to grips with the Pulis masterplan which is cause as much havoc in the box at every opposition set piece then Huth and Shawcross wrestle and flatten a forward or two to the ground.

They get away with murder every week and it seems to be accepted

With a 'Super Sunday' next week where we could potentially close the gap on a couple of teams above us, although not quite a must win game but it's certainly very important.

I'd go with:

Reina

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Maxi

Gerrard

Adam

Bellamy

Henderson

Kuyt / Carroll

Not fussed who starts up front, they've both been pretty much as ineffective as each other this season.