You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Monty is a bad pisshead isn't he? He was fined last year for pissing off a balcony on to some bouncers who had thrown him out a club. His missus then left him. He was also fined by Essex recently for missing training or coming in late after he attended the Froch v Groves fight.

Peter Moores knows Kerrigan very well from his spell at Lancs, maybe having the coaches faith will give some confidence. It was crazy of England to give a yound lad like that his debut in the highest profile series of all anyway, I'd say India are a fair bit less intimidating to bowl against, especially with all those legendary batsmen now retired. He bowled very well for Lancs last year, though that was in a second division that they dominated, and he hasn't been quite as successful this year in the first division.

Yep, his stardom has gone to his willy. 

Guest Pistonbroke

To be fair, I think his misses left him first and things have spiralled from there.

Maybe he liked pissing on her and she'd had enough. 

Peter Moores knows Kerrigan very well from his spell at Lancs, maybe having the coaches faith will give some confidence. It was crazy of England to give a yound lad like that his debut in the highest profile series of all anyway, I'd say India are a fair bit less intimidating to bowl against, especially with all those legendary batsmen now retired. He bowled very well for Lancs last year, though that was in a second division that they dominated, and he hasn't been quite as successful this year in the first division.

The problem with Kerrigan is Cook didn't have the confidence to use him after he got the yips.

Moores might have confidence in him, but unless Cook does Kerrigan won't be any use.

He had a tough start and it was a stupid idea to just lob him in and hope for the best, but if Kerrigan is the best there is then he needs to play and be persevered with and the management need to show him a bit of faith. You can't just chuck a spinner in a match and when he doesn't take 5-45 go "fuck this, he's shite" and bin him. If after a dozen caps he's still getting hit out the park then it'll need a rethink, but we can't keep the current tactic of quicks, quicks and more quicks and bowl each one of them into the ground.

He had a tough start and it was a stupid idea to just lob him in and hope for the best, but if Kerrigan is the best there is then he needs to play and be persevered with and the management need to show him a bit of faith. You can't just chuck a spinner in a match and when he doesn't take 5-45 go "fuck this, he's shite" and bin him. If after a dozen caps he's still getting hit out the park then it'll need a rethink, but we can't keep the current tactic of quicks, quicks and more quicks and bowl each one of them into the ground.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that mate, with the exception of the England management team.

What people are concerned about is not him failing to take a fifer bit of any possible international career being destroyed.

He's very young in spin bowling terms and he needs to be learning his art, practicing it constantly and bowling in as many competitive games as he can get.

Not carrying bloody drinks or being given the ball for 5 overs, being taken apart, Cook refuse to bowl him and his head go completely.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that mate, with the exception of the England management team.

What people are concerned about is not him failing to take a fifer bit of any possible international career being destroyed.

He's very young in spin bowling terms and he needs to be learning his art, practicing it constantly and bowling in as many competitive games as he can get.

Not carrying bloody drinks and being given the ball for 5 overs, being taken apart, Cook refuse to bowl him and his head go.

Yeah - my biggest worry with Kerrigan is him having another bad Test or two, and then he's chucked on the international scrapheap where he lives out his career as a half decent county spinner at best, of no use to the England setup whatsoever. I don't think he's ready yet and given his age and his craft there's no shame in that (I'd probably get an older spinner - Tredwell or someone - to come in and hold an end up to give the quicks a rest while Kerrigan develops in county cricket) but if he's genuinely seen as the best there is, I only hope that they don't throw him under a bus when he has an inevitable stinker of an innings.

The whole setup is a bit off for me. It's laudable that there's a clear setup for young players through the youth teams into the Lions but there's been a few players recently who've been fast-tracked from Lions cricket to the Test side, who've then not been ready for the top level (understandably) but fucked around on the fringes stagnating. I just don't get he point - look at Bairstow: he went from prospect to in-and-out of the team to drinks carrier and now he's probably lost a year of solid county runmaking. Carries a quality bottle of water though; can't knock that.

Not carrying bloody drinks or being given the ball for 5 overs, being taken apart, Cook refuse to bowl him and his head go completely.

Swann said touring and not playing early in his career was a great help to his development.

Is this going to be the future then? Rather than India referring issues to the independent match referee they cry to the somewhat less than independent (i.e. run by corrupt Indians) ICC?

Whatever it is, it is potentially serious - Level 3 offence means potential suspension for 2-4 tests. I wonder if there will be an alleged racial element, and if so how the UK press will react.

Monty is a bad pisshead isn't he? He was fined last year for pissing off a balcony on to some bouncers who had thrown him out a club. His missus then left him. He was also fined by Essex recently for missing training or coming in late after he attended the Froch v Groves fight.

Monty is ace. He was in the seat behind me at the Froch-Bute fight in Nottingham a couple of years ago. There was a test on at Trent Bridge that weekend too. Not sure if Monty was in the squad but he'd definitely had a drink or five that night.

England bowler James Anderson has been charged with misconduct by the International Cricket Council following claims he abused and pushed India all-rounder Ravindran Jadeja during the first Test.

The incident is alleged to have happened immediately after the teams left the field for lunch on day two of the Trent Bridge match.

An England and Wales Cricket Board statement said Anderson "categorically denies the accusations" and has lodged its own complaint against Jadeja.

If found guilty, the 31-year-old Anderson could be banned for up to four Tests.

It is alleged that the offence followed a verbal altercation between Anderson and Jadeja as they were walking from the field.

The ECB described the incident as "minor".

BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy said: "Both the ECB and the Indian Board have tried to resolve the situation amicably but I understand Indian captain MS Dhoni is determined to push the matter forward.

"Anderson says Jadeja moved towards him in a threatening manner as the players went up the pavilion steps for lunch. Anderson put his hands up in defence and it was all over in a couple of seconds."

Anderson's case could be heard on Wednesday, with the second Test at Lord's due to start on Thursday.

Under ICC rules, any ban handed down would not be suspended pending the outcome of an appeal.

Guest Pistonbroke

England bowler James Anderson has been charged with misconduct by the International Cricket Council following claims he abused and pushed India all-rounder Ravindran Jadeja during the first Test.

The incident is alleged to have happened immediately after the teams left the field for lunch on day two of the Trent Bridge match.

An England and Wales Cricket Board statement said Anderson "categorically denies the accusations" and has lodged its own complaint against Jadeja.

If found guilty, the 31-year-old Anderson could be banned for up to four Tests.

It is alleged that the offence followed a verbal altercation between Anderson and Jadeja as they were walking from the field.

The ECB described the incident as "minor".

BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy said: "Both the ECB and the Indian Board have tried to resolve the situation amicably but I understand Indian captain MS Dhoni is determined to push the matter forward.

"Anderson says Jadeja moved towards him in a threatening manner as the players went up the pavilion steps for lunch. Anderson put his hands up in defence and it was all over in a couple of seconds."

Anderson's case could be heard on Wednesday, with the second Test at Lord's due to start on Thursday.

Under ICC rules, any ban handed down would not be suspended pending the outcome of an appeal.

Hopefully this will spur on our players to better performances. India are turning into a very dislikeable team. 

Hopefully this will spur on our players to better performances. India are turning into a very dislikeable team. 

They've been a horrible side for years.  Not the player, by and large Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman were laid back and did things properly. Ganguly was a nutter, but I liked that about him.

It's the board and the fans that are intolerable. Any criticism of an Indian player or of the board's actions on Twitter or Cricinfo is  labelled racist. Mike Selvey has just left Twitter because of abuse; Bumble takes loads of flak every time he speaks his mind. They are probably the mist one-eyed sports fans in the world. Reasoned debate is absolutely impossible - obviously not all their fans are like that but given the number of fans they have, there is a large number of aggressive, nationalistic, jingoistic mongs supporting them, egged on by a corrupt board that England and Australia now kow-tow to pathetically.