You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England vs Pakistan starts tomorrow morning.

Wonder if England will go with two spinners? Hope they do as the pitches sound lifeless.

Guess they also need to decide between Finn or Tremlett - I'd go for Tremlett personally.

I'd like to see us go with 2 spinners as well but I don't think we will. I reckon we'll go with Anderson, Broad, Finn and Swann. Personally, I'd pick 5 bowlers and woud probably go with Tremlett too, although his bowling style might not suit the pitches out there.

Choosing which batsman to leave out would be difficult; on form it should probably be Pietersen but I guess Morgan is bottom of the pecking order, yet he's a great player of spin.

Monty hasnt played for England since the Ashes in 09 in Cardiff. I'd be very surprised if he was picked even though he took wickets in the warm up game.

He was in the Ashes squad last winter though, he's still very much part of things. We haven't played in conditions that warrant 2 spinners for a few years, I think he's very much in contention for a place at some point in the series.

It's a real shame Bresnan is injured as he has proved to be the one bowler to find any life in flat pitches and bowled brilliantly in Bangladesh.

I reckon it will be a tight series with England to just edge it.

Bresnan is an odd bowler.

No life in the pitch and he's the best we've got. Any assistance to the bowlers and he's the least efective.

To remain Number 1 I still think we need better than him.

Reverse swing might be important, but I think only Anderson is capable of getting it. Tremlett, Finn and Broad aren't exactly kn own for reserve swinging the ball - another reason why Bresnan is good on lifeless pitches.

Two spinners has to be considered.

Reverse swing might be important, but I think only Anderson is capable of getting it. Tremlett, Finn and Broad aren't exactly kn own for reserve swinging the ball - another reason why Bresnan is good on lifeless pitches.

Two spinners has to be considered.

Tremlett has extra bounce, even on a dead pitch, Broad was outstanding the last series he played and Finn would be the unlucky one for me.

He's expensive but takes wickets.

Well I didn't see that coming. I know they're a bit out of practice after having 3 months of but they seem to have completely under-estimated a Pakistan side who are the most improved test team over the last 12 months. I really hope that number one position hasn't gone to their heads.

The good thing about this England team in the last few years is that they fight back hard if they have a bad day, lets hope we see that in this match.