You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just a bit nervous when the words 'hospital', 'infection', and 'a few days' are in the same sentence.

Knowing our luck he'll come out in a fucking box.

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but the whole episode doesn't worry me as much because my missus was taken into ahospital whilst on holiday in Greece (kidney infection).

She was in for two days whilst they administered antibiotics intravenously.

They explained that they were doing this so that the infection would be absolutely zapped, with little if any chance of coming back. So she had tons of the stuff dripped into her constantly, and this is in contrast to the way we normally get antibiotics - by small tablet doses.

So the fact that Gerrard is in hospital says to me:

The club and the player (and the medical staff) want the infection zapped ASAP - so tablets are not an option;

Intravenous infusion of said antibiotic can only be done in hospital under constant medical scrutiny and care; and

They don't want it flaring up again.

So nothing sinister at all in my view.

Guest davelfc

Liverpool ace Steven Gerrard discharged from hospital > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

1312475478-gerrard%20hospital.JPG

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was greeted by wife Alex and kids today as he was discharged from hospital.

Looking a little tired, the Reds ace went home with his family after spending the last few days in Spire Hospital.

The 31-year-old England international was found to have an infection in his groin, an area he had surgery on last season.

He is expected to miss the first month of the Premier League season which kicks off on 14th August.

Gerrard had his operation in april. Three months later he has infection? Gerrard hasn't contracted the infection from the surgery, as this would have been prominent within the first few days after the operation. Just wonder how he has caught it.

Possibly masked by any antibiotics. Its possible.

I'm surprised by how negative some fans have been about Gerrard recently. Over on RAWK people seemed to be issuing the last rites on his career, how he'd never play more than 25 games a season again, the days of him dominating games are over etc. If you look at him he's had one bad season form-wise (09-10) and one bad season fitness-wise (10-11) in the last 10 years. I actually thought he played pretty well last season despite the injuries. He had a groin operation in 2002 and didn't look back. I've high hopes for him this season and if he performs it will make a massive difference to us.

I'm surprised by how negative some fans have been about Gerrard recently. Over on RAWK people seemed to be issuing the last rites on his career, how he'd never play more than 25 games a season again, the days of him dominating games are over etc. If you look at him he's had one bad season form-wise (09-10) and one bad season fitness-wise (10-11) in the last 10 years. I actually thought he played pretty well last season despite the injuries. He had a groin operation in 2002 and didn't look back. I've high hopes for him this season and if he performs it will make a massive difference to us.

One the one hand, that's only two seasons in ten. On the other hand, they're the last two. I think that's why some people are concerned.

Gerrard had his operation in april. Three months later he has infection? Gerrard hasn't contracted the infection from the surgery, as this would have been prominent within the first few days after the operation. Just wonder how he has caught it.

The infection was caused by scar tissue from his original operation,

which as all cleared up and despite the rumours,

he'll be as right as rain come September