You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cometh the hour, commeth the Dirk...

1892-LFCWasBorn

Legend ?!

Fuckin Hell, some people are very easily pleased.

As ever, Kuyt put in a tremendous shift, but lets be honest, along with most of the others, he had a very poor game.

Still scored the winner though, credit is due for that.

I know most of you have never seen the movie "Rudy" its about this runt of a guy who trys to play american football for notre dame. no matter how much people tell him hes shit or not talented enough he over came.. as much as kuyt makes my eyes bleed watching him, he always gives everything

I appear to have slipped into some bizarre twilight world where the Confederate States of America is allied with the Isle of Man Empire in a war against an Italian nation that has no culinary skills and only a cursory interest in sex - and where Dirk Kuyt is a sought after Panini sticker.

You lot, fucking get a grip!

Link celebrates the fact Dirk Kuyt has once again rejected the advances of Barcelona.

[YOUTUBE]FgQaK7TGjX4[/YOUTUBE]

I would love to see him stay here in some capacity

Agreed mate, think he would be brilliant for the kids to show them that you play with your heart for LFC, you don't use the club as a jump up to other clubs 'presumed' to be bigger than us, no one is bigger than LFC.

"Now hear this, Dirk Kuyt is an indespensible part of the Liverpool squad."

YouTube - ST:TNG 'Yesterday's Enterprise' - Enterprise C Emerges

I would not say he is indispensable. As said he is such a frustrating player and technically not the best at all but I would not like to see him play for another club other than LFC. He does work incredibly hard and he puts some of the players we have to shame at times the effort he puts in but obviously that is not always what we need.

As I said I love him as a player as he does represent what LFC is all about, has a big heart and never ever gives us. Is he the best player..not at all. Is he a legend? thats subjective. There are only few players I consider legends. Personally speaking, not a legend for me but a player that in years to come will be considered a brilliant guy and a player that gave us his all and I will remember him with great admiration.

Even when we start buying more technically gifted players, he will always be around the first 18 and don't think I would have it any other way. Despite his infuriating flaws, he still deserves to be an LFC player :)

I know most of you have never seen the movie "Rudy" its about this runt of a guy who trys to play american football for notre dame. no matter how much people tell him hes shit or not talented enough he over came.. as much as kuyt makes my eyes bleed watching him, he always gives everything

Pretty much like Jovanovic and the film Forest Gump?

scores a goal in a very poor match after playing 10-20 poor matches before this one. Do we really need to applaud this ?

Q: why was the match poor?

A: most reds couldn't get their shit together.

Q: why did dirk kuyt score the only goal?

A: because quite apart from his movement all over the pitch trying to up the anti and inspire the reds into SOME SORT OF ATTACKING FORCE, he also knows how to do what all good strikers do, and that 's be in the right place at the right time to do the business.

DIRK KUYT - LEGEND

Do you ever operate heavy machinery?

seems to play better when all the other bigger players are playing, probably because there is less responsibility on him

when the others aren't playing he seems to have a few decent moments then generally fucks up the cross/shot but then often like tonight pops up with a goal and you remember why you love him again

for the first time in his time at the club once Carroll and Suarez are fit and firing (you can add Cole into that too) he isn't a member of our strongest XI for me but will remain a valuable squad player