You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I love being rich, love it, thankyou John Henry

Gym Beglin

Am I the only one that feels like we may have perverted the values of our club?

In what way, exactly? Torres and Chelsea left us in an extremely awkward position, and the club could have done nothing, and left us with no replacement for Torres. We are better off with Carroll than without him, so I'm glad that they did what they did. This club exists to win trophies - values that have been forgotten for too long.

Kenny is just doing what he did in '87 with the Rush money and that didn't work out too badly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we just do both these things? They're 22 and 23.

Well thats what I'm trying to say. But alot of people seem genuinely annoyed we've spent big money on young players. Obviously its understandable, its a big risk. We could end up looking like right twats.

But I just don't think we should throw all our eggs in going down philosophical we don't need to spend money route. We don't have to spend like crazy every year. But we do need to spend wisely and buy top quality, be it established young players or players with huge potential.

Well thats what I'm trying to say. But alot of people seem genuinely annoyed we've spent big money on young players. Obviously its understandable, its a big risk. We could end up looking like right twats.

But I just don't think we should throw all our eggs in going down philosophical we don't need to spend money route. We don't have to spend like crazy every year. But we do need to spend wisely and buy top quality, be it established young players or players with huge potential.

I found that highly amusing - relax - it's not YOUR money

100% with you. Arsenal we are not, nor want to be please God.

Here's to a bit of risk and a bit of wisdom. In Kenny we trust.

100% with you. Arsenal we are not, nor want to be please God.

Here's to a bit of risk and a bit of wisdom. In Kenny we trust.

Yeah its going to be an interesting next few years anyway so we may aswell sit back and enjoy it. I just want to enjoy football again. Under Kenny is the first time I've been enjoying watching us since 08/09.

We've basically taken a bit of a mad gamble with Carroll but it could pay off. It's not like we've bought someone who's completely unproven, he's scored 11 goals in 19 league appearances, so it's possible that Kenny and maybe Comolli have thought that if he's got a better team behind him he really could turn out to be a great player and worth the money in the long run. Because he's done it in the PL we already know he's capable, so it could work well.

Again, we just have to make sure he adapts to this properly with his off the field problems. He can go one way or the other now with the massive price we've payed for him, but I'd like to think Kenny will be able to keep him grounded and focused enough to stop his ego from causing problems with all that. If he can't, yeah we're in serious trouble with him, but I think that being around people like Kenny, Stevie, Pepe, etc should change him for the better, in several ways.

With the money we've spent it's a bit frustrating for some that we've broken about even because there's still the memory of the two twats clearly in our minds, but when we've finished the last day of the window with over 50mil spent on two strikers, it at least makes us sorted in that area, and maybe for years to come with their ages.

It's not too hard to imagine that FSG want to be sure of our long term manager before properly investing their own money either. So if we can manage to keep Kenny and have our strikers working well together, the summer window could see us turn into a team that's ready to seriously start challenging on all fronts again, like we should be doing.

Am I the only one that feels like we may have perverted the values of our club?

Clearly the NESV pr machine has been in overdrive. Acc to them, Nando is the Devil, and the Americans are true Reds, who just "accidentally" didnt spend any of the fans money on transfers again this yr.

The truth always comes out eventually.

I guess thats our "marquee signing" done then... :whatever: