You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't got a clue. Coady isn't even in the reserves squad, he's still training with the U18's. Suso is in the reserves, but I don't think he'll be the next one to be promoted to Anfield.

I know Kenny likes Gerard Bruna, Scottish Alex Cooper and scouser Michael Roberts, but i think Bruna will be the next one.

Anyone know where Darby is now? Melwood or kirkby?

Coady isn't the best mover or particularly mobile...may be a problem in the longer term. ]

Suso has real technical ability, no question, but can overplay. Hopefully will be developed further by all Academy, reserve and First Team coaches. Also hopefully is that he hasn't got the sulkers attitude which have seen him have on occasion.

Just an opinion, like all the others...

Deep lying midfielder who could yet develop into a role further forwards or even deeper. Great short-play, timing in the tackle (but not a bombastic DM bby any means) cool head for a pen and a natural leader, a real effervescent character. Captained England U-17s to their cup win last year, two players were out of the final so he nicked their medals and wore them throughout the celebrations!

Better player than Mceachran imo.

A real technical player as well. My mate knows his Local youth coach (the one that tipped him off to LFC) he was marked out as one of the best 6 year olds he'd ever seen.

Comes from a really stable background with fantatstic parents.

Has all the attributes to make it in to the LFC first team

A real technical player as well. My mate knows his Local youth coach (the one that tipped him off to LFC) he was marked out as one of the best 6 year olds he'd ever seen.

Totally different player to Josh McEachran, difficult to compare the two I guess

Very true, I watched the game with his father, mother and lil brother the other day, very friendly and offered me a lift home.

Gerardo Bruna has been a lot of injured, remember that. He's class IMO.

Totally different player to Josh McEachran, difficult to compare the two I guess

Josh is more similar to Jack Wilshere in style of play. Nothing like Coady.

Coady's biggest strength is that he understands the game on the pitch and has the technical abilty and drive to make an impact.

It's the old English mentality, we're backwards when it comes to developing talent, absolutely awful. Our insistance on everyone being like brick-shithouses or as quick as mopeds is so out-dated now.

Pep Guardiola said it best, he said if he was breaking into football now, then he would probably have played third division football at best. Nevermind he dictated the 1992 European Cup win for Barca with his passing and intelligence, he can't run 100m in under 11 seconds, he's wank.

What's Pep Gurdiola got to do with the argument about "the English mentality"? By including him as an example, you're implying that it isn't really anything to do with an English mentality. Because he's Spanish. And also manages a team that has eschewed the purported insistence on "size" and "pace" over technique, with layers like Xavi and Iniesta, who have neither size, nor pace. Would they also be playing 3rd division football if they broke through now because "they can't run 100m in under 11 seconds"?

So, if anything, by including Guardiola in your post at all, you've totally fucked whatever confused point you were making.

Josh is more similar to Jack Wilshere in style of play. Nothing like Coady.

Coady's biggest strength is that he understands the game on the pitch and has the technical abilty and drive to make an impact.

Interesting how highly McEachran is thought of in the England u19 and Chelsea set-up. John Peacock raves over him.

Coady...for me, will never be mobile enough, but for sure he is a winner, has a good mentality, has good ball retention and can join the back-end of attacks with good timing. Again, just an opinion...

What's the deal with Ince? Is he going to sign a new contract with us? His Dad (total bellend) is saying he won't sign unless he is bumped into the first team squad..Would be a shame if he left (Ince Sr will be in son's ear trying to get him on a free no doubt)

What's the deal with Ince? Is he going to sign a new contract with us? His Dad (total bellend) is saying he won't sign unless he is bumped into the first team squad..Would be a shame if he left (Ince Sr will be in son's ear trying to get him on a free no doubt)

Haha, agree! Don't see why Paul Ince is taking 'control' over this situation! Thomas should be happy to be in Liverpool reserves, it's only 6 months since he left the u18's. I spoke with him on Newz Bar the other day btw. but not about this. Very cool guy!

Notts County boss Paul Ince will seek talks with new Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish about re-signing his son and Stephen Darby on loan.

Thomas Ince spent an impressive two months at the League One club this season and scored twice in eight appearances. Defender Darby was on loan at Meadow Lane for the same period, also turning out eight times.

Liverpool were unwilling to let Ince rejoin the Magpies unless he signs a new contract. He is refusing to agree so the clubs are in stalemate.

"The situation is the same with Thomas. He's not going to sign a contract," Paul Ince told the Nottingham Evening Post. "It might change under Kenny because he might put him into their first-team squad. If he doesn't do that, I will be going in to see him.

"He's only young, he wants to play here because he enjoyed it and he wants to forward his education."

On Darby, Ince senior added: "We're trying to bring him back too because he did well."

League One - Ince eyes Liverpool duo - Yahoo! Eurosport

Ince Snr is being a bit of a twat. He wants to be in the first team but is he good enough to be there? Don't forget he is 18 years old..