You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loan Watch: Aquilani on form for Juve

rebel23

'ironically, Aquilani, who has been compared to Paulo Sousa after establishing himself in the Juventus side, is now being played as a more central midfielder, the position he was played in under Rafa Benitez last season but struggled to adapt to. “I am more of a central midfielder. Before, I was further forward in the offensive phase. Now I have to have more balance and be careful also in defence”, he explained.

Aquilani has been a key part of the Juve side who are now second in Serie A, scooping the club’s player of the month award for November.'

Loan Watch: Aquilani on form for Juve – This Is Anfield (Liverpool FC)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I watch him doing his thing for Juve, the more I think he couldn't replicate that form here. The only down side to this deal is that the €16m fee is already agreed, and they pay it over three years.

The more I watch him doing his thing for Juve, the more I think he couldn't replicate that form here. The only down side to this deal is that the €16m fee is already agreed, and they pay it over three years.

Theres some talk of a dispute over the fee though is there.

I may be wrong but I thought I'd read somewhere that Juve don't want to pay that much. Might be wrong but nearly sure someone posted it on here a few days back.

I agree don't think he'd replicate it here. But I've got to the stage now where I think Lionel Messi would probably be shite playing for us. So maybe we should take him back just for shits and giggles.

Poulsen for 4 million Euros & Aquilani on a season long loan is comfortably the worst bit of business I've ever seen the club conduct.

In before someone chimes up with 'buying Aquilani in the first place'.

But signing him in the first place was the worst piece of business we've ever conducted!

I don't give a shit how "well" he's doing in Italy. Over here he was an abysmal fucking turd. The end.

I saw 2min of that youtube movie and it reminded me of how BOOOOORING Serie A really is!

I was not impressed with his passes either, they are not precise enough.

It works when you walk around in serie a but in PL the tempo is way much higher and that's why he falls through.

Also i think he suits best as a left/right midfielder in a 4-3-3 formation.

But signing him in the first place was the worst piece of business we've ever conducted!

I don't give a shit how "well" he's doing in Italy. Over here he was an abysmal fucking turd. The end.

Utter Bollocks! When he played; he played well.

But I suppose you're enjoying what Cole, Poulsen & Konchesky and your boy Hodgson has bought to the team.

Aquilani started to come good at the end of his time here, i reckon he would have been fine. We are so fucking impatient, look at the likes of nani, malouda and countless others - why do we never give anyone a chance?

Babel has got plenty of chances he's still shite, Lucas has proved opposite. Aqualani is a talented footballer but will never make it in English league, Merellis is more suited.

Theres some talk of a dispute over the fee though is there.

I may be wrong but I thought I'd read somewhere that Juve don't want to pay that much. Might be wrong but nearly sure someone posted it on here a few days back.

I agree don't think he'd replicate it here. But I've got to the stage now where I think Lionel Messi would probably be shite playing for us. So maybe we should take him back just for shits and giggles.

Sort of. There was talk of them offering around €12m in January (all upfront), in an attempt to get him cheaper than the fee agreed. Certainly don't think Juve will want to risk not signing him permanently the way he's been playing for them, though.

Aquilani started to come good at the end of his time here, i reckon he would have been fine. We are so fucking impatient, look at the likes of nani, malouda and countless others - why do we never give anyone a chance?

Good point, but can we afford the time to be patient? The players you've mentioned have been gradually bedded in, while the team maintained a level of success, thus giving them more leeway. We don't have that luxury.

Good point, but can we afford the time to be patient? The players you've mentioned have been gradually bedded in, while the team maintained a level of success, thus giving them more leeway. We don't have that luxury.

We don't have that luxury due to expectation. We would have been better off keeping a squad together and adding to the first team but we were not able to due to circumstances.

It takes years for a squad to gel and for them to know their place and contribute something.

Look at brown, park, o'shea, fletcher etc etc

You have to look at the long game but in today's world it's impossible.

Fergie would have been sacked after his first bottom half finish, if only!

Babel has got plenty of chances he's still shite, Lucas has proved opposite. Aqualani is a talented footballer but will never make it in English league, Merellis is more suited.

I think he would have made it but buying him in the first place was a risk due to his history and we simply had to get transfer right but rarely did towards the end.

Other clubs can spank money and it doesn't hurt but we just didn't have that luxury.

Aquilani played a total of 816 minutes during last season which is roughly 9 whole games. Some very strong opinions on here for 9 games, unless of course you're all just gobshites.

And in those 9 games didn't he get a goal and 5 assists? Transfer those figures to a 38 game season and he would be hailed alongside Fabregas as a creative master. All if's and but's and maybe's tho obviously.