You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The season so far..............

Conor

Lets go back to the summer of 2003. On the back of a dreadful campaign where we failed to get champions league we all expected to see sweeping changes. The dead wood flogged and new faces brought in. We expected to see a better brand of football - more exciting and attacking.

We eventually saw the arrival of the so called gems and the arrival of an attacking full back in Stevie Finnan. The icing on the cake was Kewell to provide the much needed and long overdue width to the team!

However the dead wood remained.

We start off quite poor but begin to pick up some points and we started to play a more offensive game. I was full of optimisim. However a combination of injuries, poor finishing and bad team selctions meant another shocker was on the cards.

Diouf, Diao, Cheryou, Biscan, H****y, etc...... they all get games. They are all shite. They are all expensive flops. Yet they still get picked.

Fast forward to the present day. We have just had a scoreless draw away to Leicester and GH claims it was a good point! This is what we have become. Our rivals are no longer The mancs, arsenal and chelski - its chalton, villa, fulham and birmingham.

Yet I gaurantee you this - Houllier will still be manager next season even if we finish 4th or 5th - he will remain.

I paid my first visit of the season to Anfield last weekend for the wolves game and could not believe how bad we were. We got out of jail. Houllier got out of jail.

I never thought i would say this but I am embarassed watching them play. Even the so called missing link (Kewell) has been crap - the gems have done nothing, the dead wood remains and yet they still play, Mikey looks half arsed and the only players who seem to care are Stevie G and Carra.

I only hope and pray that GH goes this summer but it wont happen. I like the man but hate the coach and the more and more he goes on the more and more I want him out.

We are so far behind the top its not even funny - it will take years to even catch up and the sooner he goes - the better!

Guest Dancing Dave
Unless it was played at Anfield I'd suggest not.

Yeh but........John Bullshit once slept rough at Cardiff, right?? You know nothing about my match-going mate, but I'd seriously suggest you back off, because you'd embarrass yourself. Now, no, I wasn't at Leicester today, I hope that makes you happy........how's the comic sales going??

Yeh but........John Bullshit once slept rough at Cardiff, right?? You know nothing about my match-going mate, but I'd seriously suggest you back off, because you'd embarrass yourself. Now, no, I wasn't at Leicester today, I hope that makes you happy........how's the comic sales going??

We know more about your match going, or lack of, than you might think.

Guest Dancing Dave
We know more about your match going, or lack of, than you might think.

Really?? You been going through our bins again?? Aw........have I got my own column in the comic yet?? lol!!

LLLLet's get ready to rrrumble.

Delusional Dick vs John Bullshit.

Ding Ding...Second's out..round one...

My money's on John Bullshit. I'd back him to work his way out of a tight situation far more more than that Delusional Dick bloke.

Have to make sure the bout is set for Anfield, otherwise John Bullshit will win it on a 'no show'

Guest Dancing Dave
Have to make sure the bout is set for Anfield, otherwise John Bullshit will win it on a 'no show'

Come off it Dave, he goes to less games than you!! Mind...you at least have a comic to produce.......

Come off it Dave, he goes to less games than you!! Mind...you at least have a comic to produce.......

Let's not get into who goes to more games, as anyone who wants to know which games I've been too in the last four years or so can easily do so by simply checking through the match reports for 1st team, ressies and academy.

But what games I have or haven't been to is irrelevant, as it isn't me who comes on here making condescending remarks, especially to out of town fans about whether they go the game or not.

You hide behind what you think is anonymity and make cracks such as 'try going to the game' to people who you have no idea whether they go or not.

You give this impression of being Mr Superfan, but we both know that's not the case don't we? We both know that despite living in Ireland, and then France, that John has been to far more aways than you have.

For someone who's main argument is 'try going to the games' I think people on here would be very interested to know about your match going routine, don't you?

Conor- must pick you up on one point- Kewell has not been crap. He's scored 11 goals from midfield in a seriously underachieving team. Yes, he's out of form and yes he's gone missing in recent games, but the fact that he has to play with the likes of Cheyrou, Heskey, Diouf and Traore on a regular basis doesn't help him.

Big Noel - Point taken on the Kewell being crap bit. But I still think he has been a disappointment to what we all know he can be.

Now lets get back to the "who goes to the more matches" debate - its very interesting ;-)