You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Konchesky's not very good, but let's not kid ourselves that Insua was anything other than fucking shit.

I don't agree, and he was as good Konchesky, 8 years younger and still learning.... (positioning and defending would be better as a got more experience - last season would have doen him a world of good in that respect, although he played to much when he was struggeling because he was the only fit leftback we had)

Besides he could actually whip a cross in and control the ball...

The point I was making Mick is Insua like Aqualani seem to have become world beaters according to some since they left, Aqualani has scored 1 goal and Juventus are soing average while Galatasary and Insua are doing shit.

Stupid logic. If you're going by that then Gerrard, Reina and Torres are absolutely useless. They play for a team in the relegation zone afterall.

Either the pressure of playing for a big club is getting to him, or he's a lot worse than I though. So far he's been dire, even worse than Insua last season.

Hopefully he'll get better in a settled back four when the rest of the team start performing.

Stupid logic. If you're going by that then Gerrard, Reina and Torres are absolutely useless. They play for a team in the relegation zone afterall.

My point is and what you've missed, is insua was shite and is shite, but since he's left us people are going on as if he was a young Ashley Cole.

Aqualani the same, talented player but never suited to this league who's had an average start at Juve but again people go on as if it's Alonso or Snijder

My point is and what you've missed, is insua was shite and is shite, but since he's left us people are going on as if he was a young Ashley Cole.

Aqualani the same, talented player but never suited to this league who's had an average start at Juve but again people go on as if it's Alonso or Snijder

No, you're jumping to massive conclusions. Some here rated Insua and Aquilani before they left the club. And i've not read a single post making out as though Insua is Ashley Cole or that Aquilani is Alonso. So, stop chatting shite.

I didnt miss it at all, im aware myself that neither are incredible players. Just using "Galatasaray are shite and Insua plays for them so he must be shite" is completely retarded.

Nobody has claimed he is Ashley Cole, nobody claimed Aquillani was another Alonso. But they are decent players who could have been more than useful to the squad this year, but we loaned them out. Basically we gave Insua away for free after accepting 2 bids of £5m+. they were 2 awful moves by us.

Apart from having a head made out of a bean bag, he's fucking cack.

Insua is also fucking cack. The amount of times last season were we conceded due to him not being able to drag his fat arse back to defend, I've lost count.

Johnson and Carra are on their way to beat that amount based on our First 10 games.....

Insua was a youngster thrown into the deep end as we had no other alternatives when he tired or struggled, but he also had a positiv impact bombing forward, and last years experiences would have helped his performances this year....

It did not help that he had Babel and other liabilities in front of him either...

Insua was poor last season, but no worse than Konchesky. But we gave Insua away for free basically. And we paid a couple of million for Konchesky and gave away a couple of promising youngsters too. Horrific piece of transfer business.

Had it only been a couple of millions. The Konchesky fee was £5m, which is absolutely staggering. £3,5m plus Dalla Valle and Kacaniclic who both were valued at £750 000. And it was only a year ago Fulham bid £3m (i think) for Dalla Valle.

I have no problem with Roy trying to improve the left back position, but Konchesky is not any better than Insua, and while Insua may improve, Konchesky certainly will not. So it was a waste of a deal, at a time we had almost no money.

The irony in all this is that Fulham got themselves a far superior defender than the one turning up at Anfield. My first choice for the left side was Salcido who had an exellent world cup, agressive with a fine first touch. Also, when Aurelio entered the pitch against Napoli the improvement were shocking. I guess all this puts the light at the situation we are in. A team with a terrible balance and a management without a clue. Hopefully our new owners will make things better......

The irony in all this is that Fulham got themselves a far superior defender than the one turning up at Anfield. My first choice for the left side was Salcido who had an exellent world cup, agressive with a fine first touch. Also, when Aurelio entered the pitch against Napoli the improvement were shocking. I guess all this puts the light at the situation we are in. A team with a terrible balance and a management without a clue. Hopefully our new owners will make things better......

This. A major facepalm! Carlos Salcido even has a decent YT montage, which as we all know is the mark of a true legend. Try making one for the Konch. Shocking piece of transferring. I actually think he's the worst in the Prem.

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

Edited by aiyic
fuckin won't embed