You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's two.

The golden word. since you probably are iether kirdi or foster gilette then my question to you is how do you know that kirdi is a credible bidder? does he have billions behind him(his backer) or is it just claims? why does he want to bid 600£m when other bidders want to bid less? whats in it for him if he pays H/G off? a question who are you?

Chinese government's Liverpool link cannot be ruled out | Football | The Guardian

When Kenny Huang's consortium "categorically" denied on Saturday that its bid to take over Liverpool is backed by the China Investment Corporation, it came as a massive surprise to Digger.

As regular readers will recall, this column repeatedly stated last week that China's sovereign wealth fund was financing Huang's bid. That conviction was based not only on the information received from Huang's people and from among those who are selling the club – although such assurances were indeed received – but also from Digger's own experiences.

Last Thursday, the day CIC's sale of £351.4m of Morgan Stanley shares – exactly the sale price for Liverpool to the nearest decimal place – was reported here, out of the blue Digger was invited to appear on the Chinese state radio station, CRI.

CRI's reporter introduced the interview, broadcast last Friday morning on the Beijing Hour – its English-language equivalent of Radio Four's Today programme – by saying: "Speculation in the British press is mounting that Huang's bid could be backed by the state-owned China Investment Corporation."

Now the Middle Kingdom may indeed be capitalist, but seldom can its state media be accused of being off‑message, and if the politburo does not like the look of the speculation in the British press, then it is easily overlooked. (Or suppressed, as the arrest of ITN's John Ray at the Beijing Olympics demonstrated.)

So if Huang gets it together in time for this week's deadline and proves he has the money to bid, Digger will continue to suspect the involvement of China's government somewhere along the line.

The golden word. since you probably are iether kirdi or foster gilette then my question to you is how do you know that kirdi is a credible bidder? does he have billions behind him(his backer) or is it just claims? why does he want to bid 600£m when other bidders want to bid less? whats in it for him if he pays H/G off? a question who are you?

LOLL you seriously think i'm Kirdi or Foster? seriously??

anyways. He obviously has billions behind him. Do you really think anyone without billions behind them would even imagine owning this club? Not just claims this I know 100%. The agreement on the price was made way before the chinese even woke up to this deal.

As for who I am? I'm just some kid typing on a laptop?? what do I know really ...right?

Kirdi is saying he is backed by a middle east consortium, he says he has a meeting set up with the board this week and the Premier League, he has a deal in place with Hicks and Gillett and the other members of the board will be shown the real money.

I don't believe any of these two bids, will bring our club back to were we want it.

Are there any 'fit and proper' potential investors out there though Al, that would run the club in the 'Liverpool Way'? Even Randy Lerner at Villa who was portrayed by some in the media as the perfect owner, is starting to show his true colours.

Does Nash have a vote? I thought the make-up of the 5 man board was Gillett, Hicks, Ayre, Purslow and Broughton?

Nash doesn't. Ayre, Purslow and Broughton will vote for Kirdi if there is any doubts about Huang's bid.

Which is why there is so much negative shit flying about Ken. People keep forgetting that he's only the face of the bidders, whoever they are.

anyways. He obviously has billions behind him. Do you really think anyone without billions behind them would even imagine owning this club? Not just claims this I know 100%. The agreement on the price was made way before the chinese even woke up to this deal.

As for who I am? I'm just some kid typing on a laptop?? what do I know really ...right?

Substantiate your claims or kindly fuck off.

Simple process.

so basically you know jike shit? you still havent anwsered my question are they buying the club with debt or with equity? whats in it for them to bid 600£m when others are bidding much less? kirdi is just another suleyman al fahim. just admit it boy. the club is just gonna get in further mess and will go backwards big time. atleast the chinese fella is honest.

Hicks and Gillett?

In our case its the devil we dont know unless you hadnt notices the club is in dire straights and as Hicks and Gillet have found out in no position to start laying out ground rules.

If Hicks handnt been such a twat he could have some for a handsome profit a year ago but he likes to take things to the wire.

Kirdi or Huang should never own our club, But were that fucked up that beggers can't be chooses. The Chinese government are backing Huang, that only got denied because people started going on about human rights issues.

And Kirdi is a puppet for Gillett and Hicks.

But our club is incurring interest payments of £2.5m a week from sunday. It seems we have no fucking plan B.

would rather have china.atleast we would be rich. whats wrong with china anyway? the economy is blooming over there.

The same statement should be made to Huang and Yahya Kirdi by Martin Broughton.

Exactly. If he isnt going to go on record with who the backer is then why would I???

Hicks and Gillett?

I said billions....Hicks isn't worth shit according to me. And its more money then both of them together have seen. (I dont know this for a fact as I do not know both of there net worth's but it has to be)

Exactly. If he isnt going to go on record with who the backer is then why would I???

I said billions....Hicks isn't worth shit according to me. And its more money then both of them together have seen. (I dont know this for a fact as I do not know both of there net worth's but it has to be)

I was being facetious. I notice how you continually mention Hicks but not Gillett.

Kirdi or Huang should never own our club, But were that fucked up that beggers can't be chooses. The Chinese government are backing Huang, that only got denied because people started going on about human rights issues.

And Kirdi is a puppet for Gillett and Hicks.

But our club is incurring interest payments of £2.5m a week from sunday. It seems we have no fucking plan B.

Course they are. I'd imagine they were expecting to stay in the wings until a deal was reach, meaning zero publicity (not just the human rights issue). When it was revealed by the Times who was backing Huang, they distanced themselves from Huang.

It's that simple and people are reading to much into it and looking at Huang's slightly dodgy background in too much detail. If you check anyone's past, you're always bound to find a few skeletons in the closet.

so basically you know jike shit? you still havent anwsered my question are they buying the club with debt or with equity? whats in it for them to bid 600£m when others are bidding much less? kirdi is just another suleyman al fahim. just admit it boy. the club is just gonna get in further mess and will go backwards big time. atleast the chinese fella is honest.

equiittyyyyyy. keep up. Chinese are honest? Which article did you read that from?

Haung has lied, his people have lied, there trying to cover up tracks. Pr disaster for him last week. It will take a long time before a new owner will be trusted.

And this Kirdi is a phoney.

Al, what do we know about the Huang bid? Is the money coming from various different sources? Paul Kelso in the Telegraph has mentioned at least five individuals or companies which sounds like a recipe for disaster. Will there be any purchase debt loaded onto the club and are they committed to building the new stadium asap?