You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where to put this, don't want to create a new thread but what are people's thoughts on Steve Clarke as a coach?

He's available after leaving West Ham and we're a bit short on that front after Pellegrino and that work experiance lad fucked off with Roffa.

There's only really Sammy and the rumoured Mike Kelly who will follow Roy from Fulham to be goalkeeping coach I think?

I don't know too much about assistant managers. Clarke seemed to do well at Chelsea with Mourinho but he was also part of the West Ham management thet done poorly last year.

Weird that people on here can judge our former coaches when they've never been to training sessions to see what they do.

Think we were linked with him a few years ago as well when he was playing for HamKam, he has got something about him, reminds me a bit about Rooney, but I really dont think he would be good enough just yet because his allround play is far from the finished article.

Make that 4 or 5 years ago. He was only 15 when he was linked and I think he was on a trial. I don't really see where people get the Rooney comparison from, except for his physique. Pretty good finisher, but not nearly as skillful as Rooney.

Edit: It was in 2006. 10. klassingen som skal til Liverpool - Tippeligaen - Dagbladet.no

Oh and I see he is a red.

UEFAEuropaLeague.jpg

n246607463376_3781.jpg

I have changed my mind from yesterday, I think we are waiting to see what Torres is doing before we make the big changes.

Mascherano will be off, but why spend 10 million on Remi, as cover for Torres if Torres fucks off?

I reckon 30 million could buy Parker, Shawcross, Figuroa and Remi! Leaving the rest i.e. Babel, Riera, Insua money to buy a winger.

But as it stands we need Mascherano to go.

All this talk of Villa's Luke Young was getting me pretty excited, until I realised that I'd been getting him mixed up with Ashley Young.

I understand why.

I know the difference, but the way people were getting excited over LUKE made me wonder if they were getting them mixed up. He's rubbish!

I have changed my mind from yesterday, I think we are waiting to see what Torres is doing before we make the big changes.

Mascherano will be off, but why spend 10 million on Remi, as cover for Torres if Torres fucks off?

I reckon 30 million could buy Parker, Shawcross, Figuroa and Remi! Leaving the rest i.e. Babel, Riera, Insua money to buy a winger.

But as it stands we need Mascherano to go.

We need decent cover for Torres regardless imo. He seems to be injured a fair portion of the time and N'Gog simply isn't good enough. I would look at bringing in Remy, Eto'o or Hunterlaar etc anyway.

We need decent cover for Torres regardless imo. He seems to be injured a fair portion of the time and N'Gog simply isn't good enough. I would look at bringing in Remy, Eto'o or Hunterlaar etc anyway.

Exactly, which is why we need to wait until Torres is staying before making the decision!

Not worth spending 10 million pounds on cover for a player that is at Chelsea is it?

If Torres goes then we would be looking at a Benzema, Eto'o or Aguiro or someone like that.

Exactly, which is why we need to wait until Torres is staying before making the decision!

Not worth spending 10 million pounds on cover for a player that is at Chelsea is it?

If Torres goes then we would be looking at a Benzema, Eto'o or Aguiro or someone like that.

if torres goes, he will be replaced - that person will still need to be covered.

if torres goes, he will be replaced - that person will still need to be covered.

Yes, but the point I am trying to make, is 60 million pounds in our back pocket will probably have a big say on our transfer targets!

It could be Benzema and Eto'o, it could be Huntelar and VDF, or it could be Ozil and Benzema, but until we know what we have we can't really be expected to make decisions.

If Roy Hodgson continues with the 4-2-3-1 formation, then we will need to bring in a striker who can operate as a lone striker and provide cover for Torres. Kuyt and Ngog are not capable of playing that role. Klaas Jan Huntelaar is a very good finisher who is lethal in the penalty area, but I am not convinced that he can play up front on his own, or that he would be the ideal foil for Torres if we chose to play 2 up front on occasions.

Although Peter Crouch lacks mobility, he can play as a lone striker and could be a decent foil for Torres and is probably the best option that we could get with our current budget.

In addition to a left back, I still think that we lack quality, creativity and pace on both flanks particularly if Cole is deployed in a central role behind Torres.